Why Do Foreigners Fully Vaccinated Need To Be Quarantined ?

9 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

Have you seen the plain paper card that the CDC came up with as your evidence of being vaccinated?  Anyone with a computer and printer could fake it in 5 minutes.

I blame the CDC for not coming up with something a little difficult to fake.  With the yellow fever vaccine I at least got an official sticker from the vaccine vial as proof.

I got the 1st Pfizer shot and get my 2nd this wed.....I got the white vax card -which I agree can be copied BUT my needle came in a small brown ziplock with the needle and card inside--one dose bag I guess....they used that single use needle to give me my shot and the "sticker" matching that needle is attached to my card with a #.

I suppose to be able to verify and track that single shot...unless scammers are faking the stickers and shot "ID" as well, might make it a bit trickier... a felony too btw

https://people.com/crime/california-bar-owner-allegedly-sold-fake-covid-19-vaccination-cards/

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

My hunch its all about $$$ since their quarantine was a complete failure.

On the contrary, their quarantine programme has been very successful. I don't think anyone has escaped the net and brought Covid into the country, except illegal border hoppers of course.

Being vaccinated does not prevent anyone from catching Covid, it merely lessens its impact, so quarantine is still necessary.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

There's a story around where 8 vaccinated baseball players all caught COVID.

If you can catch it you can spread it.

I believe the Thai authorities are correct in insisting on 14 days quarantine for everyone.

Assuming you believe COVID is a serious problem.

...so is WHO on first?

1 hour ago, Catoni said:

Much less likely to spread Covid IF your have been fully vaccinated. Your body’s viral load will be much much lower. So although there is a small chance you could still spread it, it’s not very likely.

Lower, yes.  Low enough to risk spreading in a country with <1% vaccinated?  I think not.

Your motor bike analogy is amusing to read but totally irrelevant, and where I'm from vaccinators will not enter Covid vaccine data on the yellow WHO cards.  Is yours, or only on Doctor Debs app?  How many countries accept this app as proof?

51 minutes ago, Catoni said:

New CDC Study: It’s Rare For Vaccinated People To Spread COVID-19

Your article backs up the need if you do the arithmetic.  You say best case is 0.04 transmissions per 1,000 fully vaccinated people (impossible to measure with a sample size of 2,479 with both jabs).  The survey says 0.04 transmissions per 1,000 person days which is not the same.  Of course risk is reduced, but not to the extent you imply.

Edited by treetops
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

which I agree can be copied BUT my needle came in a small brown ziplock with the needle and card inside--one dose bag I guess....they used that single use needle to give me my shot and the "sticker" matching that needle is attached to my card with a #.

I got pfizer in the US also, and didn't get any sticker.  Neither did my relatives that got moderna.  

I think any sticker on the needle was prepared by the pharmacy or vaccination site and not an official sticker from pfizer.  Pfizers vaccine comes in vials containing many doses and not individual needles.   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

Whatever happened to a having a backbone or standing up for yourself. I guess that fades for some..

#staycool

Having a backbone, (as you put it) in Thailand and similar countries can be the fastest route to stress, high blood pressure, violence committed against you and potential jailtime. (I know, from personal jailtime experience...).

Some of us just like to have a quiet life and not rock the boat.  Their country, up to them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

I got pfizer in the US also, and didn't get any sticker.  Neither did my relatives that got moderna.  

I think any sticker on the needle was prepared by the pharmacy or vaccination site and not an official sticker from pfizer.  Pfizers vaccine comes in vials containing many doses and not individual needles.   

Struck me as odd, but can only assume it was for the dude that stuck me and making it easy, not waste the vaxx, and tracking purposes, as I was at a stadium mass vaxx site and they said we are waiting for doses..then then came out and handed people the brown "ziploc" bags with single doses(needle single dose and card with sticker on card) pfizer--date, vaxx name and a identifier # on pfizer sticker on my card...I assume a sticker on my card matched the sticker on the needle....

So while copying a vaxx card is easy--faking a sticker could be a bit more work as it seems they are onto these folks....is my guess

5 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Having a backbone, (as you put it) in Thailand and similar countries can be the fastest route to stress, high blood pressure, violence committed against you and potential jailtime. (I know, from personal jailtime experience...).

Some of us just like to have a quiet life and not rock the boat.  Their country, up to them.

Can confirm from my exps as well ......sabai sabai    jai yen yen  lets eat rice! and pour a sangsom!

13 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Can anyone please explain

None of the vaccines prevent you from getting COVID-19, they just prepare (educate) your immune system which then reduces the severity and time of the infection.

You can still be infected and in the time between infection and your immune system fighting it off you are contagious, and can spread it to others.!

Thus the quarantine, although 10 days is probably all that is needed..!

13 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

The CDC in the United States has stated that those who have been fully vaccinated the chances of spreading Covid are about nil.

Please provide a link, because that view is either outdated or incorrect. The latest findings I've seen regarding the AZ and Pfizer vaccines is that between 50% and 60% of people are still likely to be able to transmit the virus to others.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56904993

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

So while copying a vaxx card is easy--faking a sticker could be a bit more work as it seems they are onto these folks....is my guess

I was expecting a similar sticker and really disappointed to get just the card with pfizer and the lot number hand written on it.  

The largest study on transmission by vaccinated people is from the Israeli Ministry of Health. The study shows a 94% reduction in asymptomatic infection. This article has links to that report along with other scientific studies. A May 14 update from the US CDC reports, “Early data show that vaccines help keep people with no symptoms from spreading COVID-19” (source).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

I was expecting a similar sticker and really disappointed to get just the card with pfizer and the lot number hand written on it.  

Ill see what happens wed as I go for #2 shot and Im taking my old yellow vaxx card to see if they will fill that in as a backup card.....

I would assume i'll get a second sticker to link up that shot.....maybe i'll send a pic as the card is in my car so I dont lose it...5 days to go!

1 hour ago, Catoni said:

Yeah…. It’s all a conspiracy by “Big Pharma”.  And those all those thousands of scientists, lab workers, Epidemiologists, doctors and “ Big Pharma” employees are in on it.  Wait..my tin foil radio wave radiation beanie hat is a bit loose. 

How is the big pharma going to pay their employees, scientists, lab workers, doctors if people like you don't buy their products? Yes, big pharma earns trillions of dollars each year due to gullible people.

If it is a bit loose, you need to go to the big pharma to fix for you.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, malibukid said:

after the second vaccination the threshold of the viral load will not reached to in order for someone to become infectious

Then why did the New York Yankees remove the 8 infected members (1 player + 7 staff/coaches) from the team?  Those 8 were fully vaccinated, and according to you they cannot infect anyone anyway.  There goes another myth...

1 hour ago, treetops said:

Lower, yes.  Low enough to risk spreading in a country with <1% vaccinated?  I think not.

Your motor bike analogy is amusing to read but totally irrelevant, and where I'm from vaccinators will not enter Covid vaccine data on the yellow WHO cards.  Is yours, or only on Doctor Debs app?  How many countries accept this app as proof?

Your article backs up the need if you do the arithmetic.  You say best case is 0.04 transmissions per 1,000 fully vaccinated people (impossible to measure with a sample size of 2,479 with both jabs).  The survey says 0.04 transmissions per 1,000 person days which is not the same.  Of course risk is reduced, but not to the extent you imply.

We get a printed receipt for our first shot. Following the second shot we are supposed to be getting something more “official” 

EF136842-CB0F-466E-A1A5-E88AB89EEC80.jpeg

Here are the facts:

If you are fully vaccinated you may still test positive for 19 BUT the infection is very LOW and it is almost impossible for you to infect others due to the fact that it is so low!

You must be tested before you get on a plane

You must be tested after you arrive

IF both those tests are negative THERE IS NO NEED FOR QUARANTINE!

Those Yankees are asymptomatic for the most part those who are not have very little problem with their health

THIS 14 DAY QUARANTINE IS A BS LET THE PEOPLE GO HOME! PLEASE!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You are in the wrong country if you still ask why something happens in Thailand.

It happens, there is no "why". Get used to that and life becomes so much easier. And please don't ask why. ???? 

Too bad there aren't more like you on this Site...555555

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Have you read that 8 of the NY Yankees fully-vaccinated baseball team have contracted COVID 19 this week?

Oh no, fake vaccines, Donald will be relieved to know that his fake dialogue is not dead.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

Please provide a link, because that view is either outdated or incorrect. The latest findings I've seen regarding the AZ and Pfizer vaccines is that between 50% and 60% of people are still likely to be able to transmit the virus to others.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56904993

That link points to a two week-old article that talks about the how well the _first_ of the two-dose mRNA vaccines works. 

14 hours ago, treetops said:

Do you have a link to where they've stated that?  Latest information I recall reading was that about 70% of AZ vaccinated folk could get infected and 50% of Pfizer vaccinated (the numbers might not be spot on but it gives you the idea).  These infections will be very mild, with perhaps no symptoms at all, due to the vaccine, but while infected they can still spread to others.

Quarantine is therefore needed to minimise that spread.

If that is true and Thailand will require fully vacinated tourists to quarantine for 14 days then thier tourism industry will "never  " recover. Few would do that and mainly only those that  plan to move here or spend 6 months or more here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you are not willing to spend two weeks in a hotel to be able to see your family then it seems your family is not as important to you as you pretend. 

There is a lot more to it than just spending two weeks in a hotel, there are also many hoops to jump through. the unelected "PM" is using it the feather certain nests.

We have to fight this Chinese virus and stop letting it ruin peoples lives and livelihoods and allowing the cure to be worse than the actual disease.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Catoni said:

Much less likely to spread Covid IF your have been fully vaccinated. Your body’s viral load will be much much lower. So although there is a small chance you could still spread it, it’s not very likely. 
     There is also a small chance you and your passenger on motorbikes could get badly injured and killed from a motorbike accident.

All motorbikes should be BANNED !   Any actions that have risks should be outlawed. 

If we are all going to wait until this Chinese virus finishes, and keep on having lockdowns and quarantines, making certain hotel owners and insurance companies very rich then we are going to wait forever. There are risks in everything we do, we just have to accept it is part of life.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

I wouldn't trust too much on these 'research' that were probably paid by Pfizer/Moderna so that people rush to get vaccinated. 

Common sense on how the virus and vaccine work is more important.

How can you use common sense when there are so many opinions about this virus and vaccines, and they keep changing every day?

Just supposing that the CDC is right, and there is every chance it is, you will have all the rich parasites who run insurance companies and private hospitals etc, and don't forget some countries governments disagreeing with it, as their off shore accounts will stop piling up.

50 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

If that is true and Thailand will require fully vacinated tourists to quarantine for 14 days then thier tourism industry will "never  " recover. Few would do that and mainly only those that  plan to move here or spend 6 months or more here.

They will relax it when the risk from these visitors has been minimised. ie when the local population has been vaccinated to a satisfactory percentage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1