Buriram becomes first Thai province to penalize refusal for COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The same reason that it's mandatory in the us for kids to get vaccinated. Individual right shouldn't always trump obligations to society.

Purely to  ensure phenomenal profits for the big pharma which in the US, like Thailand,  trumps everything ( no pun intended)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

Your the one that needs to see the sunlight when you remove your head.

Fact check website of American National Institute Of Health Projects funded by the American Government.

https://reporter.nih.gov/project-details/8674931

A government website not a false news website.

And the US govt did fund research for collecting samples of Covid from the wild. It did not support gain of function research which is a procedure use to change parts of the virus to see what the consequences are. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Have you ever seen a child die from whooping cough, or the awful results of a pregnant woman giving birth to child from contracting rubella, if you had you may understand the needs to maintain herd immunity from required vaccinations for children

Getting back to Buriram. Why do you think no other country in the world has done this? Here's what I think.

They endeavor to do it the correct way via education and appropriate PR, if that does not work for the majority of the population then they would no doubt have to re think that but that is always the first course of action..

This decision is like trying to crack a nut with a sledge hammer, there's no need for it, its the easy way out but what they don't realize is that it could in fact lead to people deliberately protesting and refusing, so as to make their point known. Its very similar to the Thai education system, we'll do the thinking for you, you just do as you're told.

They should be doing what everyone else is doing, educating the public in the first instance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

Have you ever seen a child die from whooping cough, or the awful results of a pregnant woman giving birth to child from contracting rubella, if you had you may understand the needs to maintain herd immunity from required vaccinations for children

Have you ? I am not in any way saying vaccines should not be used. I am merely saying that in the US , like Thailand, profits come first at any price

• Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Getting back to Buriram. Why do you think no other country in the world has done this? Here's what I think.

They endeavor to do it the correct way via education and appropriate PR, if that does not work for the majority of the population then they would no doubt have to re think that but that is always the first course of action..

This decision is like trying to crack a nut with a sledge hammer, there's no need for it, its the easy way out but what they don't realize is that it could in fact lead to people deliberately protesting and refusing, so as to make their point known. Its very similar to the Thai education system, we'll do the thinking for you, you just do as you're told.

They should be doing what everyone else is doing, educating the public in the first instance.

I am in no way supporting the mandatory Covid19 decision for adults, I was only replying to the post regarding, profits and big pharma , Had you followed any of posts in this thread you will have seen that.

15 minutes ago, Excel said:

Purely to  ensure phenomenal profits for the big pharma which in the US, like Thailand,  trumps everything ( no pun intended)

Because it benefits some parties you disapprove of therefore it's bad? There is such a thing as win-win? Not every transaction in life is a zero-sum game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Have you ? I am not in any way saying vaccines should not be used. I am merely saying that in the US , like Thailand, profits come first at any price

Yes I have. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lingba said:

this is chaotic insanity..first there is no vaccines to sign up for...then you are forced to take a vaccine which you don't want because of the brand or its against your best wishes for your own health and safety...

Furthermore, there are people who have already had Covid, and thanks to a mild course, have not even noticed it, and whose immune system has already formed antibodies. To what extent a vaccination makes sense, science does not yet know exactly.

And how many Thais are registered in Buriram, but live in Bangkok or in other areas?
Unthoughtful announcements with threats of prison and punishment make little sense then and encounter incomprehension among the population

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I am in no way supporting the mandatory Covid19 decision for adults, I was only replying to the post regarding, profits and big pharma , Had you followed any of posts in this thread you will have seen that.

Thats why I started my response with "getting back to Buriram".

However it seems you're in agreement so cool.

just simply appease the sheep herders, by Registering - to get them off your back...

- simply don't follow up on the Jab itself... if they ever did get to stock the stuff up 

paperwork exercises always get bogged down the dotting of the Ts

8 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Furthermore, there are people who have already had Covid, and thanks to a mild course, have not even noticed it, and whose immune system has already formed antibodies. To what extent a vaccination makes sense, science does not yet know exactly.

And how many Thais are registered in Buriram, but live in Bangkok or in other areas?
Unthoughtful announcements with threats of prison and punishment make little sense then and encounter incomprehension among the population

Well, if you get infected with covid naturally, that could be due to exposure to a small amount. So your immune response will tend to be not as vigorous. With a vaccine, your immune system is being strongly challenged. with a standardized dosage.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So making vaccinatons mandatory for measles, mumps, etc is also insane?

hardly the same thing is it?.....and would n't these have undergone thorough testing and trials.Look you go and get your vaccine I have no problem with that and you should have no problem with folks who decide that they would rather not be vaccinated,it's not going to affect you in any way if you've been vaccinated and you come into contact with people who have n't so stop lecturing people who disagree with you.

• Thanks 2

Buriram becomes first Thai province to penalize refusal for COVID-19 vaccine 

It's pretty stupid I say. 

But hey no probs Just Register it doesn't matter if they don't have the Vaccine . 

Ones your name's on the Paper you're Covered. 

33 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I survived whooping cough, measles, rheumatic fever, etc. Life long complications from some. Wish they had vaccines when I was a child.

Whooping cough especially brings the ocasional nightmare.

Meningitis, too, gives pause every time a headache starts, mercifully few since retirement.????

Thankful for the polio vaccine, which came too late for some of my contemporaries.

You anti vax folks should give thanks every day for winning that lottery.

Edited by Kwaibill
Spelling
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, thasoss said:

hardly the same thing is it?.....and would n't these have undergone thorough testing and trials.Look you go and get your vaccine I have no problem with that and you should have no problem with folks who decide that they would rather not be vaccinated,it's not going to affect you in any way if you've been vaccinated and you come into contact with people who have n't so stop lecturing people who disagree with you.

Because the sooner Covid is stopped the better off everyone will be. 

You call this a lecture?

"So making vaccinations mandatory for measles, mumps, etc is also insane?"

What does this say about your attention span?

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

BY Trumpian means, which failed him, votes counted and recounted until the desired result was achieved. How many months after the election was the result ratified here?

This idiot didn't need votes his hand picked military senators put him in power 

19 hours ago, Amdesign said:

Governor of Buriram definitely deserves 'Provincial Satrap of the Year' title.

Now no medical contra-indications matter! Only satrap's orders have power. ????

In any developed country, these provincial satraps will be sent to court immediately after declaring such nonsense. But not in Thailand - people knee down and follow (or softly ignore, on their own risk).

Where did he get this idea? Sounds like an edict from Xi Jin Ping.

Vaccines historically are low profit items for "Big Pharma".

Sorry, conspiracy buffs.

The Covid jabs are a two time phenomenon. Maybe an annual booster, according to some modelling.

Daily doses, like Lipitor, are where they make the big bucks. Initial government funds have been chewed up in expedited developement costs.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Actually vaccination after infection has been checked. After a single jab, antibodies were much greater than even two jabs of AZ.

• Thanks 1

My interpretation of article about the order is that not submitting your risk assessment and applying for the vaccine is punishable, but the article does not mention that after applying, whether you must receive the vaccine to avoid punishment.
... so it doesn’t really involve the number of vaccines currently available in Burriram, just the requirement of submitting assessment risk and application. 
It seems hard handed either way, but to those criticizing the Governor for not having enough vaccines currently seems a bit off base.