Buriram becomes first Thai province to penalize refusal for COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

1 hour ago, todlad said:

I just needed to say, I remembered the small number of cases in Thailand from a while ago following vaccination with sinovac. They reported stroke like symptoms. Take a look as that is what I was thinking about ... https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thailand-to-continue-with-chinese-vaccine-after-side-effects-in-small-number-of-cases

I remember these cases well. They were thoroughly investigated, including brain scans, and no clots were found. All of the women fully recovered, nothing wrong was found on extensive examonation,  and the conclusion was that the symptoms were psychogenic.

There have been no cases of clots or strokes linked to Sinovac or other inactivate virus vaccine.

27 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

No I don't think there is any conspiracy.  I think that just like a horrific plane crash the coverage of it has bred a hysteria that is unwarranted.  If you have 500 people die on Thailand's roads each day, "that is acceptable" however you have 10 people die from Covid and the country needs to be put on lockdown.  The disparity of response is just mind boggling. 

People say it is because I don't have a choice to catch Covid.  Yes you do.  You can avoid as much as you wish social contact with others.  I don't have a choice if a driver hits and kills me either.  I don't have a choice if someone next to me has TB and I contract it. 

However the reality still is that the overwhelming majority of people will be fine even if they contract Covid.  The overwhelming majority of people will not be good if policies are so severe that they stop the economy, bankrupt businesses, crater the banks with bad loans from those who can not repay their loans, permanently kill the tourist industry by shuttering hotels leaving tourists who may eventually want to return with no place to stay. 

I see that there is still a requirement that if I am fully vaccinated against Covid and leave the country I have to still have specific Covid insurance to re-enter.  And at lest as of today's date, I need to be quarantined. Now tell me that makes any sense and is not just a hysterical over reaction. 

All those hysterical epidemiologist getting upset over the fact that the heatlh systems are paralyzed when covid is allowed to run rampant. Horrified over the fact that 30 percent of those who develop symptoms come down with something called long covid. Horrified over the fact that even in people who feel okay pathologists have discovered that many have sustained permanent damage to their organs. But what do those epidemiologists know about viral pandemics?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Link to the article re the 9 student-nurses that experienced severe side-effects after receiving the vaccine.  

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/9-student-nurses-experience-side-effects-from-sinovac-vaccine

The article is from 7 days ago and I did not yet come across an update.
If one of them died that would surely be reported on Thai media...

None of them died. All fully recovered, and their  symptoms -- for which no cause could be found -- spontaenously disappeared.  Meanwhile several hundred thousand doses of the same batch of vaccine were given with no one else reporting these symptoms.

Same story with a batch of hospital workers in Rayong.

A group of people who know each other all complaining of the same subjective symptoms, for which no physical cause can be found, after vaccination and no similar complaints elsewhere is completely inconsistent with vaccine side effects. But fully consistent with hysterical reaction.

Ad hoc subjective reports on the internet are not the way to determine vaccine safety. And it appears from this thread that people  remember the initial report and not the outcome of the investigations that followed.

• Like 1

Just now, Sheryl said:

Ad hoc subjective reports on the internet are not the way to determine vaccine safety. And it appears from this thread that people  remember the initial report and not the outcome of the investigations that followed.

In Thailand the outcomes of any investigations are always suspect.

But if you believe reports from nurses aren't to be trusted, I'm prepared to go along with that.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

I don't know what it is about Covid versus other transmittal diseases that has caused this paranoia.  People have TB but no testing required no mandate to get vaccinated.  People enter the country with HIV an incurable disease, but no mandate to be tested, no restrictions on their sexual activities to prevent the spread.  There are measles, rubella, shingles, roseola, and small pox.  Again, all viruses no testing, no requirement to be vaccinated. 

Now while some of those like measles are not life threatening, others like TB are.  TB is the tenth leading cause of death in the world.  

95% of those contracting Covid will not even require hospitalization, and 99.5% recover.  I am not trying to say the public should not be concerned over Covid but the hysteria over it is ludicrous when there is no similar hysteria over those other diseases.  If you are over 60, have pre-existing health problems, overweight, etc you should be concerned and take precautions.  If you are healthy young or middle age adults the fear of contracting Covid is out of proportion to its risk. 

Each day I see Thai's on motorcycles weaving in and out of traffic not afraid of the likelihood of killing themselves in a traffic accident.  Many of them do this without wearing a helmet, and they lower their mask to smoke a cigarette, but they do have the mask on so they don't get Covid.   

Good thing health systems don't get paralyzed when covid is left to run its course. Oh wait a minute...

On 5/14/2021 at 9:23 PM, TheFreqFlyer said:

A massive infringement of human rights by an increasingly draconian and totalitarian government. 

Can you sue for human rights breaches in the human rights court?

I'm not aware of there being mandatory vaccination in Thailand. This sets a dangerous precedent. 

Next thing you know, they'll be requiring children to be vaccinate against childhood illnesses before they enter school. Shocking!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DepDavid said:

Since when does the governor make arbitrary law?  I’ll be contacting the consulate in the morning. This is a human rights violation. There is no way in hell I’m taking that cheap Chinese <deleted>, nor will I be told I have to or be fined and go to jail. <deleted> them. Bring the fight to my door then you have a problem. 

And without doubt the consulate will immediately undertake to assist you in your fight. And there's no way that they'll tell you that this is a matter of thai law and is outside of their purview. I wonder if the consul wears a cape and flies under his own power.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I remember these cases well. They were thoroughly investigated, including brain scans, and no clots were found. All of the women fully recovered, nothing wrong was found on extensive examonation,  and the conclusion was that the symptoms were psychogenic.

There have been no cases of clots or strokes linked to Sinovac or other inactivate virus vaccine.

Yes, it does say in that article that they found no clots.

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Which is why I always double check it is not a ladyboy before paying the bar fine.

I'm curious as to how one does that 'double-check'. Do you simply grab them by the p**** ?

I left the last digit as a wildcard, because it could go either way - with a 'y' or an 's' on the end! ????????

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DBath said:

I guess no matter how many times you say that it's a matter of choice, there are those who will continue to deny you that freedom. They want to try to force their will on everyone under the guise it's best for you, as if they're the only ones qualified to know. They will provide 'facts' and links and some have even done a decent job applying their due diligence, but the statistics they quote be they accurate or not, who knows really? If you disagree, you're immediately put you into the loony bin labeled "anti-vaxxer", brow beat and ostracized until you submit. Continuing to ignore the bottom line, that it's simply a matter of choice, PERIOD. Some people just can't accept this. They fail to realize not all of us are inconsiderate, reckless and irresponsible as they'll continue to imply, pointing to it as one of the reasons we should fall in line. I'm fully capable of making my own decision and choosing what's best for me.

Because you're an amateur virologist?

14 minutes ago, DBath said:

I guess no matter how many times you say that it's a matter of choice, there are those who will continue to deny you that freedom. They want to try to force their will on everyone under the guise it's best for you, as if they're the only ones qualified to know. They will provide 'facts' and links and some have even done a decent job applying their due diligence, but the statistics they quote be they accurate or not, who knows really? 

Epidemiologists know, really.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

In Thailand the outcomes of any investigations are always suspect.

Why do you single out Thailand. 

Do you really believe many other governments are not accidentally or deliberately not providing people with completely accurate information.  Governments and health agencies would never provide any information that they believe would cause a panic.  They also want to give people confidence that they have the situation in hand so anything that would dispel that confidence.  Supposedly China who originally said it could not find any human to human coronavirus transmission and of course North Korea says it is still without even a single case of Covid.  

Edited by Thomas J

7 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Why do you single out Thailand. 

Do you really believe many other governments are not accidentally or deliberately not providing people with completely accurate information.  Governments and health agencies would never provide any information that they believe would cause a panic.  They also want to give people confidence that they have the situation in hand so anything that would dispel that confidence.  Supposedly China who originally said it could not find any human to human coronavirus transmission and of course North Korea says it is still without even a single case of Covid.  

Thanks for the hard data.

11 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Too much wrong information out there and too much information that doesn't line up.. Why are you so committed to push your agenda? Just because you say it's true doesn't mean I or anyone else have to believe you. I am educated and I read tons and follow as much as possible. People can go ahead and jab away, up to you and them. I would also say please don't put out what you believe is true because in actuality nothing is supported to be 100% factual as everything is still inconclusive. I always try to look at both sides of the road. Repeated studies from who? WHO? WHO only says they can reach over the threshold of 50% efficacy? China vaccines are plainly to say, inferior. But please be my guest as is your choice. I say that to everyone, it is your choice and I wish no ill on anyone. I am not trying to tell people not to jab with the China ones. Entirely up to you!

What's your choice.. based on song? .. Blues? rock like Led Zeppelin?  Beatles? ( My favorite)....Rolling Stones? GFD.. Grateful Dead?

I can not for the life of me understand this thread. There is no way in hell of any vaccine becoming mandatory for current pandemic. 

Just because one nutter governor makes a rubbish statement.

How many nonsense statements do we see every day.

Just stop re this nonsense reaction. Can not happen. Wait for retraction shortly.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Odd for a government to forcefully mandate an "experimental vaccine", that really isn't a "vaccine" at all. Since the survival rate is so extremely high, why not have the option of waiting until the "vaccine that isn't a vaccine" proves itself?

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, pizzachang said:

Odd for a government to forcefully mandate an "experimental vaccine", that really isn't a "vaccine" at all. Since the survival rate is so extremely high, why not have the option of waiting until the "vaccine that isn't a vaccine" proves itself?

Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person's immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections, but can also be administered by mouth or sprayed into the nose.

I never thought I'd be happy to NOT be in Thailand.

IMO this is the thin end of the wedge and expect it to become nationwide.

Can we expect multiple lawsuits against the government by those that suffered ill effects from being compulsorily  vaccinated?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, pizzachang said:

I heard on the radio that the vaccines are still under trial and that trial might not finish for some time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I never thought I'd be happy to NOT be in Thailand.

IMO this is the thin end of the wedge and expect it to become nationwide.

Can we expect multiple lawsuits against the government by those that suffered ill effects from being compulsorily  vaccinated?

Which  will  be  fully  settled  like  many others  in about 25  years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Which  will  be  fully  settled  like  many others  in about 25  years.

I know that the companies that make the vaccines are immune from prosecution, but the cases would not be on the vaccine per se, but the government/ company etc forcing people to be vaccinated. There have already been many cases of ill effects caused by the vaccines, and not many vaccinated out of 8 billion. The numbers will IMO go up. IMO the people that made it compulsory should be held accountable for doing so.

Can't happen in NZ, unless they change the law.

On 5/14/2021 at 3:23 PM, sungod said:

I'm kinda confused, first we had a bunch or foreingers complaining they couldn't get a vaccine, now we have a bunch of foreigners complaining they will be forced to have one. ????

It depends on which foreigners complain as opposed to those foreigners that want the vaccination.

It may not be the same foreigners wanting the injection as those foreigners who do not want the injection and complaining? 

The contents of your comment tends to tar all foreigners with the same brush as well as jumping to conclusion.

People do, I hope, still have as well as being entitled to, an opinion.