Buriram becomes first Thai province to penalize refusal for COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its an issue of vaccine hesitancy that they've just not thought through. No surprise there as its gone through Anutin

The correct way to do it is through education not the threat of imprisonment.

Problem being that no amount of education will convince some that they should accept Sinovac when there are far better options. 

Same with AZ, which I'd take but would be hesitant to recommend to my young daughter. 

When those are your only options.... Maybe the do need the prison incentive. 

Edited by ftpjtm
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, tank81 said:

You're clearly a moron if you're kinda confused by the fact that "foreigner's" isn't a homogenous group or some kind of hive mind entity and not in fact a highly diverse demographical group of individuals with different points of view.

Yes, and we are all suddenly eminent immunologists and public health experts.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

are you

• No.  I'm not an expert. That is why I follow Thai FDA and US CDC recommendations
  • Direct contacts include MD advice, a person who has MD degree and Masters in Public Health with years of experience. I have found the insight to be valuable. Some people I know who will firmly refuse c-19 vaccination have in fact been anti-VaXX for years are biased and really have no good arguments
  • I pay more attention to articles from/or quoting peer reviewed medical journals than random internet noise, two-faced politicians, or the wacky acquaintance down pub  who thinks covid-19 is a "hoax about control". Really just an extension of paranoid tropes he has been spouting for years.

So my determination is just get your jabs! I did. Don't worry about the brand and faster the better!

Unknown.jpeg

• Sad 5

9 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

No.  I'm not an expert. That is why I follow Thai FDA and US CDC recommendations

I think you will find that most people on here can read and write and are perfectly capable on using the WWW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Getting more and more like North Korea in This country, what happened to the "Land of the free" ???

We are still here in the USA (Land of the Free) ????????

But even when free vac & plenty of supply of 3 brands we have approx 42% vaccinated

The rest either not interested or undecided

11.jpg

Edited by meechai
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, sungod said:

I'm kinda confused, first we had a bunch or foreingers complaining they couldn't get a vaccine, now we have a bunch of foreigners complaining they will be forced to have one. ????

Its called fredom of choice! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Insanity and utterly ridiculous when vaccines are not available for all people who may need them.  Sorry sir you get to go to jail because you did not sign up to be vaccinated and you broke the law 

But your honor I tried and no one would help me Said the 70 year old blind man.  To bad said the judge, its off to Klong Prem prison you go......

Where he will probably catch Covid because of the tightly packed conditions.

It will be at least two years before everyone has been vaccinated in Thailand the vaccine has been available since January now two weeks from June and less than 2 million vaccinated out if a population of 70 million 

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Buriram Governor Thatchakorn Hatthathayakul urged every individual, aged 18 or more, living or working in Buriram, to submit their COVID-19 risk assessment form and apply for vaccination through the publicly available channels by May 31st.

the legal requirement is to submit paperwork, not to get vaccinated.

A lot of scared Farangs here.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

They could make this  much simpler,  no  vaccination no free state  treatment for covid  19 if you catch it. They should do the same for no helmets  also.

Better idea. Mandate vaccine passports on mobile apps. No vaccine, no entry to most public facilities where the refuseniks would put others at risk, of course with valid medical exemptions. This is all a ways out at this rate majority vaccination will take more than a year for sure 

• Like 1
  • Sad 6