Buriram becomes first Thai province to penalize refusal for COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

Just now, Surasak said:

I would say its criminal and shameful.

Why? perhaps the The government should educate the public better on the science. The China made vaccines are being administered to millions around the word, you would think the¥re would be more problems reported from the tone here. Or maybe it is just the typical subtle bigotry against anything Chinese so common among older western expatiates. It is not time for vaccine choice it is time to get shots in arms! in the following years if boosters are required we can worry about seeking our preferred  boutique vaccines.

Yes, I acknowledge my agency and privilege being able to travel and choose.

I would take any vaccine approved by government of countries I wish to visit.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 9
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Would be surprised if they had the vaccine available for 5% of their population.

...as soon as someone gets convicted and sentenced..guess what they will be given the vaccine before going to prison.

4 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

The Chitchopian comment to the weekend. 

What a bunch of pr1kcs; wondering what Bangkok would have to say to that. Needless to say, that you all do NOT have to panic now - this will never happen as it is against the fundamental rights of human beings. But yes, it might take a while to sink into those dinosaur Phu Yai brains (or whatever is left of it) to understand. Pathetic! 

What a load of crock! 

I am afraid that our western idea of Human Rights are often at odds with the application in SE Asian countries, as well as many other countries

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

The TVF newsflash states > The northeastern province of Buriram has become the first province in Thailand to mandate COVID-19 vaccination for all individuals aged 18 and older, with possible penalties as high as two years in prison and a maximum of 60,000 Baht.

So according to that despotic Governor everyone over 18 years of age is considered a high-risk group?

What about those with contra-indications for vaccination, pregnant women, etc.

It's a massive breach of human rights and in any civilized country that Buriram governor would be degraded/removed on the spot after having made such a statement.

You fill out a form, if you don't qualify or have any reason not to be vaccinated, your not.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Excel said:

These crackpot Governors  are going the right way to ensure a civil war potential starts brewing

I think that was already there even before this idiot opened his mouth ???? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

On the morning news, Channel 34, I just finished watching a report being made on the Actors and Actresses as well as television media personalities taking the jab this past day.  This must be a PR news piece showing the Thai public that their superstars and favorite personalities are taking the vaccine and so they should also.

New commercial shown as well.  Man walking in the local Talad with his left sleeve rolled up showing his band aid from his vaccination has a Covid Figure smack him, and the man then knocks out Covid.  Again with the "Vaccinate and help knock out Covid"  Lots of PR being done.  That tells me that the public is not buying what the Government is trying to sell them, ergo why Burriram has made a fine and jail time a penalty it appears.

I would have thought most Thais default position is to not believe a word that this government tells them, so they'll have an uphill struggle getting them to comply...

11 hours ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

A massive infringement of human rights by an increasingly draconian and totalitarian government. 

Can you sue for human rights breaches in the human rights court?

I'm not aware of there being mandatory vaccination in Thailand. This sets a dangerous precedent. 

Is any country in the world mandating vaccination? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RobMuir said:

That is correct. They will complain either way. For some it is natural instinct to just oppose anything the Thais come up with.

It is very predictable. It will happen again tomorrow, and every day.

Let’s use a comparative for the hard of understanding: You live by the sea adjacent public land and want the right ,understandably to swim in it,which is accepted. Then an official insists you swim in it daily on the pain of jail if you refuse… Get it now …?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

it would appear that the brain is normal size here at birth, but diminishes in size as you enter local Government.  

Change that to school and you'll be nearer the truth lol

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Maybe we could flip this and insist if the Governor can't provide vaccinations for all those who sign up, he goes to jail until he can.

He can't do much in jail.