Buriram becomes first Thai province to penalize refusal for COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

1 minute ago, thasoss said:

why?......those that take a vaccine surely would have no fear? and those that don't, have to accept the greater risk.

Response to removing masks:

“If you’re vaccinated, Covid joins a long list of small risks that we have long accepted without upending our lives, like riding in a car, taking a swim or exposing ourselves to the common cold.”

The C.D.C.’s advice is now, finally, consistent with the current scientific consensus: Vaccinated people are at virtually no risk of serious disease and have only a minuscule risk of spreading the coronavirus to others.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, rabas said:

That answers the question of which vaccine Buriram will use.

I also think today's bad man farang must wait came from Anutin's camp.

He's just mad because some "dirty farang" thought he was just another ugly ladyboy handing out samples ????

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rabas said:

54% of all countries mandate at least one type of vaccination. Many countries including the US require vaccines for school and welfare  programs.

It is not correct to compare the current covid-19 mass-vaccination campaigns with 'old school' targeted mandatory vaccination programs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, smudger1951 said:

ThailandRyan, well said, imposing a specific vaccine without any personal choice seems very wrong to me. 

So, you're ok with forced inoculations if given a choice of vaccines? Do you realise how Orwellian that is? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

He's just mad because some "dirty farang" thought he was just another ugly ladyboy handing out samples ????

Possibly his next move will be to introduce municipal showering facilities at the entry points for Buriram .

Just now, Dart12 said:

If this goes thru throughout all Thailand, time to move.  Guess they'd be happy about that result though.

Well maybe but really I guess they have their prejudiced eyes on eliminating a much bigger section of population than that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Excel said:

I would have said an action involving the rough end of a pineapple but given the way many sycophantic governors are then couldn't be too sure he would just enjoy it ????

He has been using a corn cob to clean his nether regions it appears

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, rabas said:

Your comment violates the international treaty on unconscionable public speculation of unverifiable thoughts before googling. Had you googled:

54% of all countries mandate at least one type of vaccination. Many countries including the US require vaccines for school and welfare  programs.

The fact that the 54% of nations do it, doesn't mean that it is legal, and in any case it remains a serious violation of human rights and sooner or later they will have to pay for it , in any case no one of them punishes with jail

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sungod said:

I'm kinda confused, first we had a bunch or foreingers complaining they couldn't get a vaccine, now we have a bunch of foreigners complaining they will be forced to have one. ????

That's strange, because I can't recall even one foreigner complaining that he/she could not get the Sinovac vaccine.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sungod said:

I'm kinda confused, first we had a bunch or foreingers complaining they couldn't get a vaccine, now we have a bunch of foreigners complaining they will be forced to have one. ????

That's strange, because I can't recall even one foreigner complaining that he/she could not get the Sinovac vaccine.

1 hour ago, notrub said:

A number of these posts appear to have been made by people who's country of origin may be the US or the UK.  The US has recently deposed the ruling narcistic sociopath Trump, but he has left in place a program of propaganda both threatening the vaccination process and democracy too.    

The UK is currently run by an entitled narcistic sociopath who is blatantly robbing the country blind whilst destroying its economic viability and social structure.  Threatening civil war in NI and the breakup of the Union are among his notable failures.

Cut to the point:  I get fed up reading comments about what corrupt morons are running this country that has been kind enough to allow us safe haven and a new home.  Equally, the racist comments about how stupid and inept apparently the whole of the Thai population is.  Some of you would, no doubt, like to deport them back to where they came from (centuries ago).

Yes, there are some management problems here, but few can rival the corruption and incompetence of Trump and Johnson (including their supporters).

I don't know enough about Australia to comment but could take a moment to look up some of your notable leaders, Tony Abbott, for example.

I could go on but I feel a rage attack coming on and so will close.

Take care and be safe....

Someone needs to dial it back and get back on the meds to assist in rational thinking when it comes to human and personal rights because he has missed the point on this Op by a wide margin.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JayBird said:

The foreigners want the 'vaccine' (AZ, Pfizer, J&J, Moderna).  Not the 'experimental drug' from China ????

When the Sinovac or whichever chinese one is the flavour of the month here is approved by the WHO and other governments, then I'm sure foreigners will reconsider their position.

Additionally, getting Sinovac won't meet the requirements of being vaccinated when returning home.  Potentially needing to be vaccinated *again*.

The Sinovac was developed the traditional way using attenuated viraii. It is the new MRNA vaccines that are new and experimental. These would include the Pfizer and Moderna. The J&J was developed the same way as the Sinovac. 

• Thanks 2

Good. Too many hesitating for no or inaccurate reasons.

Notice step one is to fill out registration papers, which will include info about which risk group and thus which vaccine is appropriate.

"I don't wanna" is not an appropriate excuse. Millions globally have died:

"Coronavirus Graphs: Worldwide Cases and Deaths - Worldometer" https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/worldwide-graphs/

Edited by Kwaibill
Spelling
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

The Sinovac was developed the traditional way using attenuated viraii. It is the new MRNA vaccines that are new and experimental. These would include the Pfizer and Moderna. The J&J was developed the same way as the Sinovac. 

J&J has been verified and approved by the WHO and the CDC where Sinovac has not.  The review is still ongoing.  Sinopharm was approved but is not used here in Thailand.  This is one of the reasons most of us have made comments on its use and being forced to take it as in Burriams mandate.  Try again Sir.  Be safe.

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

I think the Thai people are confused on which Vaccine is good for them 

The UK had the Astra Zeneca and vaccinated the population

Here in Thailand there are different makes Astra Zeneca

Moderna. Pfizer Biontech and Sinovac which has a bit of negativity about it people are now confused which is the one for them????

In the uk they started off with AZ but due to the blood clot issue in younger people have now gone with Pfizer.

Here in Thailand they are hearing of the issues from practically all the current vaccines and using their rights to defer judgement until a later date possibly spurred on by the fact that :

In Thailand the only current vaccine available is Sinovac which initially was contra recommended for the over 60’s but now that ruling has been overturned ( only here I believe ) !, the fact that Sinovac is the only vaccine currently available is purely coincidental ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cjinchiangrai said:

mRNA vaccines were developed over the last 10-20 years because they promise revolutionary safety. They use no part of any virus, live or dead.

J&J was not developed like Sinovac, it's similar to a one shot version of AstraZenica, a viral vector vaccine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rabas said:

mRNA vaccines were developed over the last 10-20 years because they promise revolutionary safety. They use no part of any virus, live or dead.

J&J was not developed like Sinovac, it's similar to a one shot version of AstraZenica, a viral vector vaccine.

Yes, mRNA vaccines were developed over the last 10-20 years because they promise revolutionary safety.

Just now, Neeranam said:

Calm down everyone, no one will be fined for refusing a vaccine. The article says "MAY" be fine. It would be against the constitution to fine people for this. 

No reason to think this is true but that is an issue for the Thais.

There are no rights being violated for falangs because we have no inherrent right to a visa. End of story, deal with it or go elsewhere.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, rabas said:

Both AstraZenica and the early release of J & J had deadly side effects and J & J withdraw their vaccine until recently when a new modified vaccine was released with no reports of side effects yet but AstraZenica has been withdrawn from use in Denmark and has been replaced by Pfizer as the main vaccine in the UK plus is still causing deadly blood clots in Australia. There is no way of telling if AstraZenica is going to effect you or not until it is too late and it has been injected into your body.

5 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Both AstraZenica and the early release of J & J had deadly side effects and J & J withdraw their vaccine until recently when a new modified vaccine was released with no reports of side effects yet but AstraZenica has been withdrawn from use in Denmark and has been replaced by Pfizer as the main vaccine in the UK plus is still causing deadly blood clots in Australia. There is no way of telling if AstraZenica is going to effect you or not until it is too late and it has been injected into your body.

Verified medical references with quantified risk assessment? Thanks.

You are right in one aspect, one researcher has now shown evidence that specifically AZ and J&J vaccines may themselves cause blood clots. If correct, it relates to the virus vector, but numbers are still small. This is the cause for the caution on these two vaccines.

Edited by rabas

5 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

No reason to think this is true but that is an issue for the Thais.

There are no rights being violated for falangs because we have no inherrent right to a visa. End of story, deal with it or go elsewhere.

I know it is an issue for Thais, did I say otherwise?

Deal with what?

Btw, I am a 'farang' not a 'falang' ???? 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, sungod said:

Hmmm pretty simple maths...the common denominator?....

COMPLAINING ????