Moderna Vaccines To Be Available In October, With an Extra Charge

Why Me

October may see a few doses for safety and demo trials. I doubt vaccine is fully available until December 2021 and later.  Thailand does not even have a dosing strategy on how vaccine would be used. The Thai approach as announced is unethical and I will be surprised if Moderna board approves sale without assurances of ethical distribution. Even in USA, there was ethical guideline for distribution with prioritization of high risk groups. Thailand plan would not do that and all western vaccine companies have code of conduct to behave in ethical manner.  I don't think Moderna wishes to have US Congress investigation of allegation of distribution activity or to take on the aggravation of NGO and shareholder activist groups criticizing. 

• Like 2

Just now, Patong2021 said:

. The Thai approach as announced is unethical and I will be surprised if Moderna board approves sale without assurances of ethical distribution. Even in USA, there was ethical guideline for distribution with prioritization of high risk groups. Thailand plan would not do that and all western vaccine companies have code of conduct to behave in ethical manner.  I don't think Moderna wishes to have US Congress investigation of allegation of distribution activity or to take on the aggravation of NGO and shareholder activist groups criticizing. 

I disagree entirely. Moderna's board or 'code of conduct' has nothing to do with it. If Thailand wanted to get another vaccine, the could, and quickly. They are going with sinovac 'gifts' and a few packets of Astrazeneca, to tide them over until their own production takes over. Hope this works for them. It did look rosy last year, this year not so much.  

Only comes to show how inept and confused are the people who were suppose to manage this Covid business, they'are all over the place now with several dates, costs and verities of the vaccine...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pattaya Memorial has started a waiting list for covid vaccinations

According to the original article a private hospital in Bangkok forced to take down an advertisement which offered customers to pre-order two doses of Moderna.

A few days ago another hospital in Bangkok scrapped its vaccine waiting list for reasons that are unclear.

I wouldn't count on any waiting list available at the moment.