Over 500 more inmates infected with COVID-19 in Klong Prem Central Prison

webfact

AP21132393144935.jpg

file photo

Thailand’s Corrections Department has reported an additional 506 COVID-19 cases among inmates, this time in Klong Prem Central Prison in Bangkok. These are on top of the 1,795 cases in Bangkok Remand Prison and 1,039 in the Central Women’s Correctional Institution reported previously.

Dr. Weerakit Harnpariphan, deputy director-general of the department, said today (Friday) that the 506 COVID-19 infections were only found, through active screening, in Zone 4 of the prison, a zone for vocational training, and there are still several more zones which are yet to be screened.

He added, however, that the infected inmates have already been separated from those who are free from the disease and grouped in accordance with their symptoms.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/over-500-more-inmates-infected-with-covid-19-in-klong-prem-central-prison/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

What about all the visitors & their friends ............

And the guards. They come and go from the prison every day and the most probable source of the infection.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Zone 4 of the prison, a zone for vocational training, and there are still several more zones which are yet to be screened.

There will be a whole load more from the " Prem " for sure, once testing of the other " Zones " is started.

This beggars the question

What are the Infections rates among the other 440+ Prisons in Thailand, that are Housing over 330,000 prisoners.

Its odds on certain that the 3 Prisons in BKK are not stand alone cases.

5 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

What about all the visitors & their friends ............

From what I have been told by relatives of inmates, visitors are, for now, banned. No visitors!

One guy I know wants to visit his sister with some essential things which are not readily available in prison,  or have to be bought by inmates at the prison shop!!

1 minute ago, orchidfan said:

From what I have been told by relatives of inmates, visitors are, for now, banned. No visitors!

One guy I know wants to visit his sister with some essential things which are not readily available in prison,  or have to be bought by inmates at the prison shop!!

Quite true, however once again after the horse has bolted .............LOL