Panel to supervise 3.7 million baht in public donations for supposedly poor student wanting to be doctor

webfact

16 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

She has an i pad and dental braces . So do 6 year olds !

Probably six year olds from families who are not pleading poverty.

Ipad in region of 20k. Braces around 40k. 

Not as poor as she make out, sure.

29 minutes ago, puchooay said:

"Muppets" you say.

2 Questions;

1. How much training have you had as a Doctor?

2. How many hospitals have you visited to know that it is "virtually impossible" to find a knowledgeable Doctor outside of a city hospital?

I suspect you are generalising, as you usually do in your posts. Especially when putting local people down.

I have seen and been a part of too many mistakes made by those type of people in my years of visiting and living here. Poor to dangerous prescribing, a lack of basic anatomical knowledge and little interest or basic grounding in medicines, contra indications and their effect.  No I am not a medial doctor, although I do have a degree in chemistry and cell biology so I know a good deal that seems to be a mystery to many of them.  I give just one example, which many will understand here; the reckless and indiscriminate injection of anti biotics for virus conditions.  This is endemic in Thailand and indictive of a lack of basic medical knowledge.

Ed: a more recent example, my Mother in law was prescribed eye drops for a cataract condition by a rural 'doctor'.  Just one week ago, at a large city hospital, she was told that the medicine was dangerous for her condition and she didn't have cataracts at all.  

Number 2 example: My wife was asked by the a rural 'doctor' what medicine she wanted prescribed to ease a reproductive system condition, like she knows. Muppets is the right word for very many of them, I would also add 'largely untrained'. 

Edited by Pilotman

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

the reckless and indiscriminate injection of anti biotics for virus conditions.  This is endemic in Thailand and indictive of a lack of basic medical knowledge. 

And you think this is only in out of city hospitals in Thailand? No. Antibiotics have been mis prescribed around the world for many years.

I would have though someone as qualified as you would have known that.

3 minutes ago, puchooay said:

And you think this is only in out of city hospitals in Thailand? No. Antibiotics have been mis prescribed around the world for many years.

I would have though someone as qualified as you would have known that.

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2021/subject-ranking/clinical-pre-clinical-health#!/page/31/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

Check it out.  I will save you a bit of time and tell you that Thailand  doesn't feature in the first 500.  Thamasat University Medical School comes in at 601.  

17 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2021/subject-ranking/clinical-pre-clinical-health#!/page/31/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

Check it out.  I will save you a bit of time and tell you that Thailand  doesn't feature in the first 500.  Thamasat University Medical School comes in at 601.  

You are struggling now. You have gone from "most of these rural muppets" to giving one example. Now you are saying anyone who trains at a certain medical school.

Not making any sense and certainly not backing up your first comment or answering my questions. 

Same old.

Edited by puchooay

Thailand is not democratic by all means only becoming 2 faced controlling like their masters from above. The girl is not rich and is for most all senses poor. They proved that and now leave her and the money alone. Reminds me when El Fathead Big P called and harassed Lumyai for the Thai twerking of her pelvis and made her stop because he said it showed a bad example, but the hypocritical for him and his group is do what I say but not what we do is alive and well.

2 hours ago, puchooay said:

Incorrect once again, I'm afraid. 

I spent many years teaching medical staff English, in Thailand

Thanks for the detailed explanation what I had wrong exactly.

My wife went to Mahidol University and the total costs of the education were indeed not free: she paid about 15K per semester putting the total educational costs of becoming a doctor just below 200K (about 10-15 years ago). There are several scholarship programs available to cover for this though in case people don't have that kind of money. The higher costs are general costs though: you will need to eat and have clothes for those 6 years. Doing some part-time work during that period is not too strange. 

For those interested in this particular case, ask your spouse for updated information as reported in Thai news media:

- she seems not as poor as claimed: the house she lives in has AC and the mentioned items are expensive (there are enough thai medical students who live on a lot less and do not even consider applying for a scholarship)

- a scholarship was appearently offered to her (not sure at what moment exactly, possibly as a reaction to her asking for money)

- her brother just got elected to an expensive position in local government: these spots are not available to poor people

- her sister-in-law drives around in a brand new car with red numberplates

- general consensus among thais who have followed this story: hope she fails the entrance interview for university because you don't want a "person like this" becoming a doctor.

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2021 at 9:24 AM, AlfHuy said:

BREAKING

Student exposed.

It was discovered that she had a very wealthy donor.

On a weekly basis, she met a famous "TV blogger BMT also known as BritmanToo" who supports her needs for a few years now. Some of her student friends are also on his "meet up" book.

Story continues...

Oh dear. @NCC1701A is going to be a bit put out if this is true. She told him that he was her only sponsor.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, puchooay said:

You are struggling now. You have gone from "most of these rural muppets" to giving one example. Now you are saying anyone who trains at a certain medical school.

Not making any sense and certainly not backing up your first comment or answering my questions. 

Same old.

It's beginning to sound like @Pilotman hasn't got insurance if he's been putting up with all this alleged rural quackery.