Prayut coming to Phuket as July 1 reopening assured

webfact

I wonder what type of vaccine the PM got, surely NOT the dreaded , my guess is on the coveted Pfizer, also, he's being giving the shot in the wrong part of the arm, way too low, should be placed further up near the shoulder's deltoid muscle...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

I wonder what type of vaccine the PM got, surely NOT the dreaded , my guess is on the coveted Pfizer, also, he's being giving the shot in the wrong part of the arm, way too low, should be placed further up near the shoulder's deltoid muscle...

His vax date was delayed until the AZ one was available. Excuse - he is over 60

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Actually should have been a lot lower...between the cheeks.

5 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I haven't spoken to any Thai Phuketian who has refused to get vaccinated...I only hear such talk among anti-social foreign elements of the population; which also explains the massive death toll in many Western countries. 

Agree with the general gist of your post, but do know a few who are refusing, mostly due to medical reasons though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, smedly said:

I can see Phuket turning into a massive prison colony when the residents refuse to accept the Chinese sinovac vaccine and are threatened with jail

They better think again and come up with another plan

Yep. Much easier to do that in Phuket than even Buri Ram. For starters, Phuket is much smaller, home to a smaller population and has only one entrance point by land. With Buri Ram, fleeing to another province or even Cambodia is easy. 

33 minutes ago, Susco said:

You mean like an Australia 2?

Maybe that is why there are so many Australians living on Phuket

Right now there are far more freedoms in Australia, even under Covid, than in Phuket. So Phuket has replaced Australia as the prison colony. 

For one, face masks are generally NOT required anywhere. When they have been mandated, such rules were limited to one or more capital cities at a time and only for a few days. Generally never required outdoors, except last year in greater Melbourne.

4 hours ago, Searat7 said:

The Three Stooges…..how appropriate they go to Phuket together but it does seem they are very serious about the Phuket plan

If so why haven't they released the small print? For sure it's not open to backpackers renting 500 baht a night rooms and 7/11 cuisine.

Tourists like to plan in advance, cheaper airfares for starters. Wake me up and when they publish the astronomical fees they are keeping a secret. 

5 minutes ago, madmen said:

If so why haven't they released the small print? For sure it's not open to backpackers renting 500 baht a night rooms and 7/11 cuisine.

Tourists like to plan in advance, cheaper airfares for starters. Wake me up and when they publish the astronomical fees they are keeping a secret. 

TAT announced 150K to 200K for 7 day package deals but no more details on whether there will be any other options. I doubt there will be other options at the start, if it starts, and I'm guessing you will spend the 7 days in your resort. This will be the initial target

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

he's being giving the shot in the wrong part of the arm, way too low, should be placed further up near the shoulder's deltoid muscle...

He hates photo ops in his wife beaters ????

12 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I haven't spoken to any Thai Phuketian who has refused to get vaccinated...I only hear such talk among anti-social foreign elements of the population; which also explains the massive death toll in many Western countries. 

"Anti-social elements". LOL. No, the difference is Thais are sheep and don't ask questions. They'll fall off a climb if the government tells them to. Westerners, we value our freedoms more.

That stated, there are plenty of Thais questioning vaccination, particularly this one. 

• Sad 1

The last poll I saw (albeit a few months ago) indicated that over 40% of Thais living in Phuket stated that they would not take the vaccine.  Hopefully this has since changed as it would very difficult to attain a 70% vaccination rate if over 40% decline.

3 hours ago, DrDave said:

The last poll I saw (albeit a few months ago) indicated that over 40% of Thais living in Phuket stated that they would not take the vaccine.  Hopefully this has since changed as it would very difficult to attain a 70% vaccination rate if over 40% decline.

Maybe some of the other 60% who need to earn a living will persuade them.

• Like 1