Vaccination centres to be set up in Hua Hin, expats WILL receive vaccine

webfact

ac.jpg

File photo

Expats in Hua Hin will be included in Prachuap Khiri Khan’s provincial vaccination drive, health officials have confirmed. 

However, as with much of the rest of the country, exactly when Hua Hin expats will get the jab isn’t yet known, Hua Hin Today reported.

On Friday, the location of several vaccination centres was also confirmed by provincial health officials. 

A total of seven centres will be set up at:

• Hua Hin Hospital (x2 centres)

• Hua Hin Hospital 3, Nong Kae sub-district.

• Hua Hin Hospital 4, off Soi 51

• Hua Hin Hospital 5, Tub South, Hua Hin District.

• Market Village shopping mall

• Blu Port Hua Hin

These centres will first be used to vaccinate Thai people aged over 60, as well as sufferers of chronic health conditions. Vaccines will be given between June 7-11 from 9am to 4pm.

Locals are urged to use the Mor Prom registration platform so the vaccine can be more easily administered, health officials said. 

Officials in Prachuap Khiri Khan province, which includes Hua Hin, aim to vaccinate 385,000 people before October 1.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-15

30 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I understand the need to vaccinate the elderly first, age 60+ but each age group should include all nationalities... we all have the same chance of being infected or infecting others do we not?

Thailands approach of Thais first foreigners last should be tackled by all embassy ambassadors as totally racist and unacceptable.

Write to the Embassy and copy your home country health minister, complaining on this forum just gets it off your chest.

If 100.000 emails complaining dropped on my screen tomorrow i would start kicking ass.

3 minutes ago, Almer said:

Write to the Embassy and copy your home country health minister, complaining on this forum just gets it off your chest.

If 100.000 emails complaining dropped on my screen tomorrow i would start kicking ass.

The UK ambassador to Thailand couldn't kick his way out of a wet paper bag... they read the press releases each day just as we do... but they choose to remain silent while we get trodden on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I understand the need to vaccinate the elderly first, age 60+ but each age group should include all nationalities... we all have the same chance of being infected or infecting others do we not?

Thailands approach of Thais first foreigners last should be tackled by all embassy ambassadors as totally racist and unacceptable.

Absolutely correct, it should be based on age and medical condition regardless of race.  There is no differentiation between races in the two countries I am connected with,  the UK and Australia.  But with regards to that being a racist decision, yes I guess it is, but racism is something farangs encounter every day of the week in Thailand, so it becomes normal and we either have to get on with it or get out.  There will be no changing the Thais.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2021 at 12:45 AM, mikosan said:

Absolutely correct, it should be based on age and medical condition regardless of race.  There is no differentiation between races in the two countries I am connected with,  the UK and Australia.  But with regards to that being a racist decision, yes I guess it is, but racism is something farangs encounter every day of the week in Thailand, so it becomes normal and we either have to get on with it or get out.  There will be no changing the Thais.

I’ve never encountered racism ? 

attitude adjustment needed perhaps ? 

12 hours ago, Bruntoid said:

I’ve never encountered racism ? 

attitude adjustment needed perhaps ? 

I guess you need to look up the definition of racism.  And where did I say I was bothered about it, so no attitude adjustment necessary for me.