Thailand reports 3,095 COVID-19 cases, 17 new deaths

webfact

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000910

Bangkok Airways resumes Chiang Mai, Phuket flights, more routes from May 15

Flights on the Bangkok–Lampang and Bangkok–Sukhothai routes will start from June 1.

The airline said that three flights between Bangkok and Chiang Mai would run three times a week during May 15 to 31, and once a day from June 1.

The flights between Bangkok and Phuket will run once a day.

Well that should speed up the spread a bit.Do they run from the cluster at Suvanaphumi? 

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

If you take the prisons cases out, it is basically average 2,000 a day (+/1 100-200 ) for some time now.  The curve in the general community  is essentially flat, not going down but also not trending up.

Just continuing the march ad-infimum like a long piece of string that never stops.  Insane is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

A government spokesman said Saturday that foreign nationals "in principle" ought to be able to begin receiving COVID vaccinations when Bangkok and other areas' walk-in vaccination clinics officially open in the coming days.

Spokesman Natapanu Nopakun said the government is also trying to establish separate locations with English speaking support staff to deal with foreign nationals, and that they were hopeful to have at least some of those up and available by the time the broader walk-in vaccination centers open.

His comments didn't exactly clarify what would happen, one way or the other, if foreign nationals show up to the regular walk-in vaccination centers being planned for the Thai general public, as opposed to the ones he said are being planned specifically for foreign nationals.

His exact comments were:

"“The director general of the Disease Control Department said in principle foreign nationals can also walk in for this vaccination in the announced locations....”

“When that is announced, in principal, foreign nationals also can walk in. However, to ensure the efficient facilitation for foreign nationals, and to prevent any language miscommunication, separate facilities for foreign nationals also are being discussed.

"So that by the time the walk in schemes are officially opened, hopefully we’ll have separate facilities for foreign nationals to avoid any language miscommunication.”

Nopakun's comments Saturday suggested a possibly earlier timeframe for foreign nationals in Thailand being able to access the government's COVID vaccination program, compared to a recent statement by a Bangkok government spokesman who said vaccinations for foreign nationals would not begin until August.

Nopakun attributed the update to Thailand being able to obtain a better than previously expected supply of COVID vaccines, meaning the earlier schedules for vaccinations of the general public are being moved up somewhat.

Nopakun previously had mentioned Bangrak Hospital in Bangkok was being considered as a vaccination center for foreign nationals. But on Saturday, he didn't mention any specific locations and said those would be announced in coming days.

On a separate matter, Nopakun also clarified that the changes in COVID restrictions by province, and including proposed operating changes for restaurants in Bangkok and adjoining provinces, won't take effect until they're formally approved by the Prime Minister, which he said could occur later today or tomorrow.

-----------------------------

Nopakun's comments regarding the plans for foreign nationals to be able to access the government's walk-in vaccination clinics came during his televised English language news briefing today, as linked below, beginning at about the 16 minute point:

Screenshot_15.jpg.68bde395d50c1dc0f0b2f417d0aab3b5.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/TheNationThailand/videos/315324329998814/

29 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Well that answers that.  Airport workers have now become infected and have spread it.  Ugh.  THis government needs to get on the ball.

And on the very day that the transport minister issued orders to be ready to resume international flights in November. You couldn’t write this in a script, no one would believe it.

I know it’s a while until November, but still, on the very day ????????????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

And on the very day that the transport minister issued orders to be ready to resume international flights in November. You couldn’t write this in a script, no one would believe it.

It is an utter disgrace, when the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing and the mouth speaks without knowing what the eyes see.  As my ex-Thai wife would always say after I asked her a question, "You have eyes you can see, so why ask the question"  Again Thai logic at it's finest.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

“We don’t have enough beds, we don’t have enough ventilators,” Anucha Apisarnthanarak, the chief of the infectious diseases division at the hospital, tells TIME. “This is only my hospital, but of course there are a lot more hospitals experiencing the same problem.”

In Jan. 2020, Thailand became the first country outside of China to confirm a case of the disease that became known as COVID-19

So, 17 months preparation and knowledge ? The chiefs should be fired me thinks

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

A government spokesman said Saturday that foreign nationals "in principal" ought to be able to begin receiving COVID vaccinations when Bangkok and other areas begin walk-in vaccination clinics officially open in the coming days.

Spokesman Natapanu Nopakun said the government is also trying to establish separate locations with English speaking support staff to deal with foreign nationals, and that they were hopeful to have at least some of those up and available by the time the broader walk-in vaccination centers open.

He attributed the update to Thailand being able to obtain a better than previously expected supply of COVID vaccines.

On a separate matter, Nopakun also clarified that the changes in COVID restrictions by province, and including proposed operating changes for restaurants in Bangkok and adjoining provinces, won't take effect until they're formally approved by the Prime Minister, which he said could occur later today or tomorrow.

Some movements on this confirmed , as i just brought in my registration for vacc. covid 19 to the juristic office as announced in the condo buildings , and he just accepted my passport copy and asked only age , he aske if i accept in 14 days to be vaccinated .  This in Pattaya/Jomtien area....

I told also that i do not mind to pay in case a hospital has vaccines supply, as i thought maybe this campaign only for Thais ..... but it seems not so ....(?)

Edited by david555

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is an utter disgrace, when the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing and the mouth speaks without knowing what the eyes see.  As my ex-Thai wife would always say after I asked her a question, "You have eyes you can see, so why ask the question"  Again Thai logic at it's finest.

The rush to open Phuket to foreign tourists is another example. Other than returning expats, the numbers of actual tourists arriving will, imho, be pretty low. Meantime, domestic tourists, of which there have been a steady trickle, will now disappear because they have to have been vaccinated or have had a full blown Covid test.

For a family with kids, that’s an expensive proposition. Parents too young to have been vaccinated, can’t get a free government test because no obvious exposure to Covid, therefore have to pay privately.

domestic tourism killed off in the chase for international unicorn tourists.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

So, 17 months preparation and knowledge ? The chiefs should be fired me thinks

I agree completely.  They knew what the potential was but they kept patting themselves on the back while telling everyone they were prepared.  Prepared for what is the question.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/leading-doctor-says-thailands-covid-success-faces-threat-from-rising-cases-in-neighbouring-countries

No second wave of COVID-19 in Thailand says Public Health Minister - Thailand Business News (thailand-business-news.com)

Mr. Anutin said COVID-19 has not spread extensively in the country and the situation remains under control

I could go back further and further, but why the man and this Government have never had a handle on it they were always reactionary and never proactive, ergo why we are where we are today.

More fear mongering propaganda. Obviously these numbers will remain high (probably 2000+) until the mass vaccination campaign kicks off in June. I'm 99% certain Thailand's numbers will exceed those of Myanmar (with 143,000 confirmed cases) in just a couple of weeks at most. 

29 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

This is all theater. I bet you there is no way flights will resume in November. As I understand it, the Phuket governor hates foreigners and he is about to be replaced. There is no accountability. 

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000912

A total of one million doses of Sinovac vaccine has been delivered to Thailand this week, the Chinese Embassy informed on its Facebook page on Saturday.

The embassy said 500,000 doses each had been delivered on Friday and Saturday.

Thailand has received a total of 4.5 million Sinovac doses, in seven instalments.

34 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Preparing to reopen travel to vaccinated people (even if ultimately not done) is illogical...seems like good planning to me. The studies are showing that the vaccinated are st minimal risk of spreading the virus (even to those unvaccinated). It seems you want Thailand to live in a Covid fear bubble indefinitely. 

58 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Preparing to reopen travel to vaccinated people (even if ultimately not done) is illogical...seems like good planning to me. The studies are showing that the vaccinated are st minimal risk of spreading the virus (even to those unvaccinated). It seems you want Thailand to live in a Covid fear bubble indefinitely. 

Where did I say that.  Never used your words at all.

Edited by onthedarkside
personal comment removed
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dinsdale said:

This should take Thailand to 92 on the covid worldomter. 100,000+ infections tomorrow.  This is all down to one person. The one who should have enforced a hard lockdown nation wide for 7-10 days after the Thong Lor outbreak raised it's ugly virus spreading head and allowing Songkran travel to proceed and tell the nation and the world "Whatever will be will be." Guess the "it's stabalising at 2000 a day" crowd may have to change to "it's stabalising at 3000 a day".

91 on the covid worldometer tomorrow and >100,000 cases. Going up the ladder in this case is not what you want but Thalaind to be number one is always the aim. 117 to 91 in a couple of months. 

If it is the indian variant its virtually unstoppable india will allow it citizens go anywhere.

I was on a flight back fron thailand nearly 2 week ago and on the ams to dublin leg there was a cluster i was traced and told to isolate after been a close contact to a strain of concern, having my after 10day test 2day no symptoms.

That morning baording i saw a young indian family on the plane lucky 4 me i was in the first row seat well away the tracer told me there had been several cases, becareful travelling.

Edited by tomyami

42 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Rightly or wrongly, today, the government spokesman was saying those could open sooner.

Bangkok's governor has posted a map of what he said will be 25 walk-in vaccination centers that will be opened soon:

847495587_25VaccinationCentersforBKK.jpg.d68973bf76d47749b858d01bd700b02e.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/aswinkwanmuang/posts/1058000591274763

Via Facebook translation:

"Bangkok. Preparing to serve vaccines as soon as they are allocated. Apart from injection in hospital. And I have prepared to inject to general public outside the hospital area. In collaboration with the Chamber of Commerce of Thailand to open ′′ COVID-19 vaccination service cooperation ′′ across Bangkok area.

Outside hospital vaccination to the public thoroughly. Conveniently come to injection with the target of injection at outside the hospital. 1,000-3,000 people per day. Total of 25 will serve 38,000-50,000 person / day and 126 hospital injections to seniors. 7 chronic disease patients per day. Total people will inject 80,000 per day.

The vaccination service will be provided as soon as it is allocated for 7 months consecutively and fast as it will be given to people to get thoroughly and quickly to control this epidemic."

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TIMELINE: Pattaya and Chonburi warns and informs residents who visited places in relation to most recent Chonburi Covid -19 cases

1. Public minivan South Pattaya to Eakkamai from April 25th to April 30th from 1:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M.
  2. Public minivan from Eakkamai to Pattaya from April 25th to April 30th from 6:50 P.M. to 8:45 P.M.
  3. Doctor Bussabong clinic in Plu TaLuang, Sattahip on May 6th from 5:30 P.M. to 7:00 P.M..
  4. Starbucks in Harbour Mall Laem Chabang in Thung Sukhala, Si Racha from May 1st  to May 9th from 6:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.

See more:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/15/timeline-pattaya-and-chonburi-warns-and-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-most-recent-chonburi-covid-19-cases/

• Thanks 1

Chonburi, Chiang Mai set to exit red zone as Covid situation improves

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has proposed removing Chonburi and Chiang Mai from the red zone, or maximum control area, due to an improvement in the Covid-19 situation there, CCSA spokesman Dr Taweesilp Visanuyothin said on Saturday.

“If this proposal is approved by the prime minister, there would only be four provinces designated as red zone, namely Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani and Samut Prakan,” he said.

“This could come into effect the earliest at midnight on Saturday or the latest on Sunday.”

(more)

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000914

The Ministry of Public Health's daily update on how Thailand is faring versus other world countries and its regional neighbors in terms of total COVID cases since the start of the pandemic. Thailand now ranks 93rd among more than 200 countries on its total number of COVID cases.

05-15-21m.jpg.300a1c12ad221065358ff20d16319592.jpg

05-15-21n.jpg.f5211ab46eab46e806d3e5868fa81691.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/325554445729553

38 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Nothing wrong with planning. Bulldozing to a launch date without supporting data, is illogical.

ask yourself this. It takes two jabs, several weeks apart, followed by a 10 day wait, for full protection to be achieved. So how will 70% of Phuket be vaccinated by 1st July?

planning to reopen is logical because it has to happen sometime, planning to reopen on a date before it’s supported by data, is illogical.

but opening will involve opening bars, gyms etc so that the unicorn tourists have somewhere to play. And if you open those, surely you can’t justify keeping schools closed. And with that happening, will local transmission take place?

The only thing I can think of that makes any sense is that the authorities have decided that no tourists will come any way, so might as well open and be damned.

• Like 2

And the daily MoPH graphic showing the daily trends in Thailand's new COVID case counts since the beginning of April. The blue bars are self referred cases, the tan are cases from outreach testing, and the gray are prison cases.

05-15-21o.jpg.28f3fc718663a966e63f89de2f74588b.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/325553649062966/?type=3

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK