China’s poverty solution hailed as model for Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Or maybe they're happy with the high level of kickbacks China pays?
Surprised they're not worried about the communism factor.

I don't think surprising at all; military junta.......

• Like 2

How a nation with over a billion people got out of poverty?:  One Child Per Family.  Selective Abortion of girls.

Does Thailand really want to follow this example?  If so then good luck.  Right now China has a gender imbalance problem.  Too many men and not enough women.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

How a nation with over a billion people got out of poverty?:  One Child Per Family.  Selective Abortion of girls.

Do you by any chance have a source for poverty reduction in China being driven specifically by sex selective abortion rather than, I don't know, export-oriented industrialization?

• Like 2

soon all falangs will go to a "re-education" camp.......what???  too sensitive to the Chinese???  

there's isn't a perfect place in the world....but some are worse than others.  i would model after Japan to some extent, America to some extent, Germany to some extent, and Finland to some extent.  

i also wouldn't believe things from a country that doesn't allow you to fact check anything.......but that's just me

China’s poverty solution hailed as model for Thailand

Everything....about China is being 'hailed' as a model for Thailand. Sadly, the generals have cashed in/sold out and Thailand is effectively finished as an independent country. Just need to start hoisting images of Emperor Xi everywhere and switch to a stylish new red flag.

Edited by Hayduke

13 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

soon all falangs will go to a "re-education" camp.......what???  too sensitive to the Chinese???  

there's isn't a perfect place in the world....but some are worse than others.  i would model after Japan to some extent, America to some extent, Germany to some extent, and Finland to some extent.  

i also wouldn't believe things from a country that doesn't allow you to fact check anything.......but that's just me

Nicely spoken. Switzerland and Sweden are other good role models to follow. Anything of any model coming from China is a one way road to the sewer of hades.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Well I suppose we have been following the US model for many years now and the 0.01% have ended up with almost all the wealth, just like in the states. Why not try the Chinese model, they have been the most effective country anywhere in the world in eradicating poverty and combatting illiteracy.

I dislike the Chinese government, although I greatly appreciate and enjoy dealing with Chinese people. But you're correct. People in SE Asia have two models to look at before them, China or the US. Increasingly, China looks better simply because it looks stronger. That makes certain governments in this region grovel before the Chinese. But they in turn, receive groveling from US diplomats.  Easy to see who is on top and who is on bottom.

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

Well I suppose we have been following the US model for many years now and the 0.01% have ended up with almost all the wealth, just like in the states. Why not try the Chinese model, they have been the most effective country anywhere in the world in eradicating poverty and combatting illiteracy.

This is a very very bitter pill for some to swallow...

But the wheel is turning... slowly, but surely.

China lands spacecraft on Mars for 1st time >>> https://www.cbc.ca/news/science/china-lands-spacecraft-mars-1.6028096

Edited by ravip
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I dislike the Chinese government, although I greatly appreciate and enjoy dealing with Chinese people. But you're correct. People in SE Asia have two models to look at before them, China or the US. Increasingly, China looks better simply because it looks stronger. That makes certain governments in this region grovel before the Chinese. But they in turn, receive groveling from US diplomats.  Easy to see who is on top and who is on bottom.

They have much more than two models to follow, starting with the four dragons. Actually, China mainly adapted the SK model of catching-up in a more administered and directed way.

• Like 1