China’s poverty solution hailed as model for Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, AquaThai said:

One day Thailand  will once again be part of China.  One day they will accept  all things Chinese and well it will not be Thailand any more it will be what China wants,  another country to add to its collective.

Already most of the world has accepted 'all things Chinese'.

12 minutes ago, Deli said:

Looking to any civilzed, maybe Western country, would have requiered wearing glasses ?

Today, I am searching for the correct meaning of the word 'civilised'...

Edited by ravip
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

What, these critics think it's a bad thing to have friendly diplomatic, commercial, and cultural ties with a country of 1.4B people just to the country's north? (And which is well on its way to bring the world's largest economy.)

Absolutely, Number 1 thru a Bioweapon, Nice China Fanboy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mfd101 said:

I think all Third World countries have much to learn from China, but of course China's impressive achievements in all areas of its economy over the last 40 years have occurred within an authoritarian political framework.

On the other hand, try to imagine China as a modern liberal democracy, loud & boisterous. Impossible to achieve, I should think. Simply too big, too complex, too many competing ethnic groups around the margins (Mongols, Uighurs, Tibetans) & north vs south. The first thing that would happen is that the country would fall apart into at least 5 hostile & competing independent entities ...

What can I say but INDIA. Stupid comment. Of course India has big problems but it's not a dictatorship where doctors would be disappeared for let's say bringing a pandemic to the attention of a: the citizens and b: the world. Let's continue shall we. Organ harvesting. Cultural geniside. World domination. No freedom of speech. Mmmm let me think. Just how long is the list? Please feel free to add. It's beer time for me.

I am talking about the CCP. Those who put the world in the situation we are now in. I know it has been exaserbated by others but it came from Wuhan and the CCP knew.

If you think the CCP model is the way to go then you must agree with their model of dicatorship. Do you?

Please bear in mind the CCP success has come through massive international investment.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HOAX said:

600 million people in China makes less than $140 a month, less than $4.70 a day. While it's an improvement, its still almost half the country's population struggling from month to month.

This is true and super overlooked. China has done a great job developing into a global power, but that growth has been very skewed and uneven. Even the CCP doesn't deny this.

Ultimately the actions to take get out of poverty aren't that hard. Maybe there just needs to be more awareness among those in poverty of what those actions are and, importantly, what they aren't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

That can only happen by force using military control 

- oh wait, isn't Thailand under ..................................................

no. They just bought a few submarines. Ready to fight every enemy.

4 hours ago, AquaThai said:

One day Thailand  will once again be part of China.  One day they will accept  all things Chinese and well it will not be Thailand any more it will be what China wants,  another country to add to its collective.

It sounds like we picked the wrong place to retire?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

How a nation with over a billion people got out of poverty?:  One Child Per Family.  Selective Abortion of girls.

Does Thailand really want to follow this example?  If so then good luck.  Right now China has a gender imbalance problem.  Too many men and not enough women.  

And thus shopping in Southeast Asia to fill the gap (so to speak).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

Just like my family here in south Surin. Rat is considered almost as much a delicacy as dog. I tasted rat for the first time a couple of months ago. Sort of like pork but I didn't feel the need to have more than one mouthful (though I do understand that the canefield rats are not the same species or filthy like sewer rats in BKK and every other large city). Just another source of protein, like ants shaken from the trees. If it moves, you can eat it.

And Chaiyaphum, and the rest of Isaan come to that...

Yes, the China model is great. 

1st change the threshold of what you consider poor. 

2nd push propaganda all over the world that poverty is gone. 

This model perfectly suits the Sino Thai elites as it requires them to do almost nothing save for shoveling baht into their pockets. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Just like my family here in south Surin. Rat is considered almost as much a delicacy as dog. I tasted rat for the first time a couple of months ago. Sort of like pork but I didn't feel the need to have more than one mouthful (though I do understand that the canefield rats are not the same species or filthy like sewer rats in BKK and every other large city). Just another source of protein, like ants shaken from the trees. If it moves, you can eat it.

It's been eaten in many provinces. I tried it too and It's not bad. Actually, at the countryside, it's not more dirty or disgusting than wild rabbits or other animals.

• Like 1

A post with a video from an unapproved social media site (YouTube) has been removed:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

5 hours ago, Ventenio said:

there's isn't a perfect place in the world....but some are worse than others.  i would model after Japan to some extent, America to some extent, Germany to some extent, and Finland to some extent.  

Your list,

All countries where women refuse to breed with men, and their native population is rapidly shrinking.

Personally, I'd prefer China.

1. The ethic characteristics of the Thai and the Han Chinese totally different.

2. The national characters of the two nations entirely different.

3. Vietnam with its tens of millions of ethnic Chinese and similar communist single mindedness will overtake Thailand. Cambodia will reach parity with Thailand in less than a generation with Chinese, Viet, US and Japanese investments.

4. Thailand will continue to falter. It will become another sick man of Asia much like the Philippines. Thais are not having children and the ones that are not being educated. There's been no economy for nearly ten years. The old guard simply cannot give an inch to the middle class. Thailand is destined imo to become a vassal state of "communist" China.

5. The Chinese have sacrificed millions of people since 1949. That's excluding the slave labor and the harsh labor conditions in general. The Chinese love for money and drive for personal prosperity. The Thais are a pretty fickle lot.

China is actually a facist not communist construct. Pure facism.

There is absolutely nothing that the Thais can model. The politics will forever hold the country back until the situation becomes permanently dibilitating and irreparably damaged the economy.

1960s-70s LCD military minds cannot manage a nation in 2025-50. The costumes need to be put away. Elections need to be held OR just invite the Chinese in to manage the joint.

Chinese have anti corruption drives and while the hack bureaucrats not dissimilar there is enough checks and balances to produce 6-12% GDP. Bureaucrats disappear for really falling afoul. Never happen in this old boys club.

Edited by kynikoi
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Your list,

All countries where women refuse to breed with men, and their native population is rapidly shrinking.

Personally, I'd prefer China.

Because the men there are all longing to have more children? Misogynist much?

6 hours ago, Ventenio said:

soon all falangs will go to a "re-education" camp.......what???  too sensitive to the Chinese???  

there's isn't a perfect place in the world....but some are worse than others.  i would model after Japan to some extent, America to some extent, Germany to some extent, and Finland to some extent.  

i also wouldn't believe things from a country that doesn't allow you to fact check anything.......but that's just me

China has not forgotten that the Japanese killed 20 million of their civilians during 1937 through 1945.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Why not try the Chinese model, they have been the most effective country

US model has a poor track record on poverty, but Chinese model is far from the most effective. How about trying the Taiwan model?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

2 hours ago, kynikoi said:

Thais are not having children and the ones that are not being educated.

Have you guys, uh, looked at China's fertility rate and demographic trajectory lately? If you have a few spare minutes this evening maybe quickly look it up. What you discover might surprise you.

2 hours ago, kynikoi said:

There is absolutely nothing that the Thais can model.

Well there are certainly cultural attributes that an analysis of the relatively more successful Northeast Asian cultures could identify.

The hard part isn't identifying what leads to success, it's implementing widespread cultural change. 'You can lead a horse to water' and whatnot.

• Like 1