Lampang governor Narongsak praised by PM for success of vaccine registration in northern province

webfact

7pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Lampang's governor Narongsak Osottanakorn said that he had received a call from Thai PM Prayuth Chan-ocha praising him and his health workers for their vaccine registration scheme - known as the "Lampang Model".

Narongsak was meeting with health officials after 233,416 people were registered as of May 13th, the second highest in the country.

He said the PM praised everyone but especially public health volunteers.

The governor himself relayed his thanks to his "phee-nong" (the people) for their cooperation and the good work of his staff in implementing the Lampang Model.

Readers may remember Narongsak as the commander of the Joint Administration Centre for Rescue Operations at Tham Luang cave in Chiang Rai during the drama involving the trapped boys and football coach that became a movie.  

However his widely praised actions still resulted in his "demotion" to the smaller province after a spat with interior minister Anupong Paochinda, reported Sanook

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-15

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Readers may remember Narongsak as the commander of the Joint Administration Centre for Rescue Operations at Tham Luang cave in Chiang Rai during the drama involving the trapped boys and football coach that became a movie.  

Well done Sir, you are a man of positive action compared to the many ditherers in the Government - maybe you will be transferred back to Chiang Rai to respond to and oversee the Covid-19 situation and mass migration from Burma and  illegals from Laos.

• Like 1

Am I correct in thinking that when I first read about this last week, it was stated that locals were told if they didn't agree to sign up, then they would have to sign a disclaimer instead, stating that if they refuse the vaccine the government offer, if they contract covid they would be liable to pay the entire hospital bill themselves?

Or have I been on an alcoholic bender?

• Like 2

This is so Thai culture...praise something that has little bearing in getting shots in arms...all about image w/o taking care of the problem...

figure out how you are going to produce/administer the shots...the people will come and worry about the paperwork after being vaccinated...

No sense of urgency...

3 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

This is so Thai culture...praise something that has little bearing in getting shots in arms...all about image w/o taking care of the problem...

figure out how you are going to produce/administer the shots...the people will come and worry about the paperwork after being vaccinated...

No sense of urgency...

I'd normally agree.

However, saying 'people will come'  does not necessarily appear to be true in the case regarding vaccination.

I don't know if it's Sinovac they're going to be using here?

I've heard from Thais who want to avoid the Sinovac as they say they don't trust it or believe it's much good, but hoping there will be another vaccine to choose from soon.

Just registered my wife who's in Hong Kong online for vaccination.

1. Click area of Hong Kong (drop down menu)

2. Click choice if hospital or center to receive vaccine in the above area.

3. Click vaccine choice...Sinovac or Pfizer (no brainer !)

4. Click preferred date and time for 1st shot, then date (automatically jumps 21+ days ahead.)for 2nd shot.

5. Check inputs, then confirm and print out, plus they send SMS confirmation to her phone.

Booked for a weeks time when she gets out of the 21days quarantine there.

Took all of 5 minutes. 

Just now, orchidfan said:

Just registered my wife who's in Hong Kong online for vaccination.

1. Click area of Hong Kong (drop down menu)

2. Click choice of hospital or center to receive vaccine in the above area.

3. Click vaccine choice...Sinovac or Pfizer (no brainer !)

4. Click preferred date and time for 1st shot, then date (automatically jumps 21+ days ahead.)for 2nd shot.

5. Check inputs, then confirm and print out, plus they send SMS confirmation to her phone.

Booked for a weeks time when she gets out of the 21days quarantine there.

Took all of 5 minutes.