Raised garden beds

22 minutes ago, Kanada said:

I don’t know why but Chili’s grow like weeds here on this land!

im not allowed to knock even one down...my guess is we have 20 plants with flowers right now...5 producing and 20 more waiting i. The wings!

our hired man is here to cut the grass on all the property (in this heat) and he’ll clip a good many of the small ones but they’ll be back...these are the little tiny green and red reeeeally hot ones!

The birds eat most of them (I was surprised) but plenty left for us and my wife’s 8 chili papaya salad ???? 

I can’t eat it...makes me cry!

sometimes when she’s cooking dinner inside the house and using chili’s the air is so acrid our eyes tear up and we splitter and laugh

I hear Chili’s are good for you

Yup, birds aren’t affected by the heat of the chilli .. 

I don’t really like the local varieties, which is why I grow a few bags of jalapeño to pickle and habanero to make sauces on the balcony.

Cant wait to get a house with a garden next month.

14 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Yup, birds aren’t affected by the heat of the chilli .. 

I don’t really like the local varieties, which is why I grow a few bags of jalapeño to pickle and habanero to make sauces on the balcony.

Cant wait to get a house with a garden next month.

Oh glad to hear that....you will enjoy the garden I’m sure

2 hours ago, Kanada said:

sometimes when she’s cooking dinner inside the house and using chili’s the air is so acrid our eyes tear up and we splitter and laugh

I hear Chili’s are good for you

You need a Thai kitchen but even then some of the things they fry will take your breath away and cough if you are nearby.

Would not let the FIL cook in enclosed kitchen.

• Haha 1

Wondering if banana trees (the trunks themselves cut into pieces) would work as bottom filler for raised beds??

Im cutting a lot of banana trees down to make room for other things so have a ton of it!

Anyone have any experience with that??