Good news! Foreigners in Thailand will soon be able to use walk-in vaccine centres

2 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Went there last week to renew my non O-A

Was packed. At 8.30, ppl queuing up to the front door.

Inside all full. People almost sitting next to each other. People walking around.

Shame was, that a few foreigners thought they should have a phone call with mask down, when waiting inside building. Others just thought, they were at the beach. Walking around with slippers and shorts.

Others, shouting at their Thai daughter (sorry) wife who was brought along to be the translator.

Off topic to ALFHUY - renewing your O-A, did you use that LMG insurance for 6000 baht for O-A holders ? I know its a 'throw away' type of insurance anyway but just to get the extension it would work.  I've got an O-A as well. 

6 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I am with Pacific Cross.

Mine was 51k

I'm not insured to the bare minimum. 

They can see on their computer what kind of insurance you have, which company, what level of cover, start and end date.

My old one will expire on 31st May and the new one starts on 01st June.

They wanted as well a print out of my insurance papers (which luckily I had).

All went smoothly.

Great thanks, Im looking at PC as well, I have to dump my foreign insurance - far too costly and I don't think immigration accepts foreign insurance for O-A extensions,  cheers. Or I may be gone before extension time to get a jab.......  

Edited by CANSIAM

16 minutes ago, EricTh said:

A lot of confusing information on the internet.

I went to a registration booth in CM and they allowed foreigner to register but vaccination will probably be in August.

I could not agree with you more.

Totally confusing and it varies by location. The rules are not even province wide.

I went to a 'walk in' this morning and registered. V Day for me  is 7th June (in theory).

Pink cards were told 1st June and Thais earlier than that.

I will only know next month.

Sinovac for under 60's and AZ for the rest.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Went there last week to renew my non O-A

Was packed. At 8.30, ppl queuing up to the front door.

Inside all full. People almost sitting next to each other. People walking around.

Shame was, that a few foreigners thought they should have a phone call with mask down, when waiting inside building. Others just thought, they were at the beach. Walking around with slippers and shorts.

Others, shouting at their Thai daughter (sorry) wife who was brought along to be the translator.

Classic, thai daughter. ????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i will just move from safe house to safe house until it gets here. 

It is already "here", in our upmarket condo. 3 cases this week, all hospitalised. And we follow very strict protocols.

9 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

I could not agree with you more.

Totally confusing and it varies by location. The rules are not even province wide.

I went to a 'walk in' this morning and registered. V Day for me  is 7th June (in theory).

Pink cards were told 1st June and Thais earlier than that.

I will only know next month.

Sinovac for under 60's and AZ for the rest.

Where did you "walk in", as in which city, location?

5 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

The heading says "Good news"

But true to form is a long list of complainers.

You would think the headline said "Bad news" reading negative comment after negative comment.

Thailand looks after me very well, my Thai maid cleans my house, my Thai gardener does the garden and grows my organic vegetables, the Thai pool guy cleans my pool, immigration is a breeze, Thailand provides me with thousands of restaurants to choose from, cheap medicine, a nice climate, smiley funny people who don't complain much and thousands of petite unfeminist beautiful women with silky skin and lovely hair.

A luxury life in tropical paradise.

Thailand looks after me very well.

Thankyou Thailand.

I had all this too, maid, pool cleaning staff, technicians on hand to change a light bulb. But now we have Covid in the building. We have been self-isolating for over 2 weeks, and in effect since Songkran; pool and all facilities (tennis, basket ball, squash, gym "soft" closed, and no one has dared use them). This clusterfork is getting real. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, EricTh said:

A lot of confusing information on the internet.

I went to a registration booth in CM and they allowed foreigner to register but vaccination will probably be in August.

At least you followed their incentive and within their " laws "...AND...you have maybe the opportunity to go anyway that August time to a hospital vaccination at a price tag... but with a choice of vaccine

Don't what or whom to believe now. This morning my better half came and asked "where is your yellow book" ? She came back 5 minutes laters and showed my her Iphone displaying my vaccination appointment at 10 am on the 31st of May !?..

• Like 2

Another new announcement, fist register in July, then August then all Thais first. Now fantasy walk in centres. Our local one is planned at a TPP petrol station on a very busy road, can't see that working out well, maybe a free bottle of water for the jabees? 

Edited by clivebaxter
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Don't what or whom to believe now. This morning my better half came and asked "where is your yellow book" ? She came back 5 minutes laters and showed my her Iphone displaying my vaccination appointment at 10 am on the 31st of May !?..

Where in Thailand are you located? Would help to know

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CANSIAM said:

Then the thought of an expensive trip home for 2 decent jabs and another ASQ return here is getting closer to getting the credit card out !!!

I will be on the first plane home to the USA if that happens getting a quality vaccination of Pfizer or Moderna free of charge

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CLW said:

Yesterday just out of curiosity I was looking for the vaccination center at Central Lat Phrao that was mentioned in the press. Couldn't find any. I thought the location 3rd floor was a typo, so I looked at 5th floor at the BCC venue, closed. I mean something like this must be big. Is it closed already and was just opened for one day as a PR stunt? Or a misreporting mixed up Centara Hotel and Central Plaza? So many questions and everything clear as mud....

[EDIT] I did a google search and found out that those idiots from a certain newspaper that can not be named are obvioulsy not able to distinguish between Central Plaza Shopping Center and Centara Grand Hotel which are close together but two separate buildings. Because the vaccination venue is the Skyhall event room on the 3rd floor of Centara Hotel.

Complete Morons 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

The heading says "Good news"

But true to form is a long list of complainers.

You would think the headline said "Bad news" reading negative comment after negative comment.

Thailand looks after me very well, my Thai maid cleans my house, my Thai gardener does the garden and grows my organic vegetables, the Thai pool guy cleans my pool, immigration is a breeze, Thailand provides me with thousands of restaurants to choose from, cheap medicine, a nice climate, smiley funny people who don't complain much and thousands of petite unfeminist beautiful women with silky skin and lovely hair.

A luxury life in tropical paradise.

Thailand looks after me very well.

Thankyou Thailand.

You should travel more! Maybe in other place that pool guy is not guy! Its petite beutiful woman whit BJ lips!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Haha 1