Good news! Foreigners in Thailand will soon be able to use walk-in vaccine centres

Jeeze another post about this . now i have registered  4 time each time told the last one was void . told morprom is no good any more .  Thai info on Facebook  says to register at Immigration. 

now the last one was at a walk in and registered using pink card  told come June 7th before that government hospital told come  June 10th at 13.00 hrs.. Now another app to be done to register. i give up !!! please pay me 1000thb for every different post so I can get vaccine private 

I myself appreciate it, myself would of paid for but it’s free even better, soon as possible I’ll be there for my jab, also I can see in the future that the government will make new rules such as if your not vaccinated not allowed in the gym and other places, and that would be the worst thing for me.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Feel like I'm watching a table tennis match.

Walk-in centers now back on the table, after being off, after being on.

it's a flip flop stall in the daily market

22 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Therefore, the walk-in program will officially begin next week, rather than in June as initially anticipated. 

Um...Ok

22 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

This means that in principle, foreigners will be able to use the walk in vaccination services as soon as they are up and running and the locations are confirmed. 

I smell something wrong here, because it sounds like farangs before or at the same time as Thai's, now that cannot be, because it's always been Thai's first.

Did I miss something or is it as other here are saying, plenty of ching ching vaccines available as Thais are not wanting them ?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, John Drake said:

Criticism or doubt directed towards Sinovac will soon come under defamation laws.

Don’t say anything bad about the locally made AZ version then. You know who owns the company making it !

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

Jeeze another post about this . now i have registered  4 time each time told the last one was void . told morprom is no good any more .  Thai info on Facebook  says to register at Immigration. 

now the last one was at a walk in and registered using pink card  told come June 7th before that government hospital told come  June 10th at 13.00 hrs.. Now another app to be done to register. i give up !!! please pay me 1000thb for every different post so I can get vaccine private 

I have not heard anything that clearly said  "Mor Prom is no good any more". Rather there have been unclear statements that "foreigners cannot use Mor Prom" but no telling what they mean by that, whether they just mean that it is hard for foreigners to use, or don't realize that some foreigners have Thai ID.

I have not heard anywhere that people should register at Immigration, I can't imagine that is correct.

Other app is not yet out.

I would advise going to to first appointment you have been able to get. If that fails, go to the next etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Um...Ok

I smell something wrong here, because it sounds like farangs before or at the same time as Thai's, now that cannot be, because it's always been Thai's first.

No, it has reversed multiple times. 

Best way to sum it up is, entirely different messages coming from different sources and who knows what will actually occur.  There are also indications that in some locations, local authorities are taking measures into their own hands.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I have not heard anything that clearly said  "Mor Prom is no good any more". Rather there have been unclear statements that "foreigners cannot use Mor Prom" but no telling what they mean by that, whether they just mean that it is hard for foreigners to use, or don't realize that some foreigners have Thai ID.

I have not heard anywhere that people should register at Immigration, I can't imagine that is correct.

Other app is not yet out.

I would advise going to to first appointment you have been able to get. If that fails, go to the next etc.

Yes i will . i had appointment on morprom using the pink ID card . was translated to Thai by the wife . i showed them the morprom confirmed appointment and thy said it its .. in their words no good . was also told as i have the pink card 100% guaranteed to get vaccine and to come on the 7th . i will see what happens  good luck yourself 

• Like 1

How complicated is it to make an app for foreigners?

Copy the Thai version, add a box for Country and allow passport numbers as ID. Country is needed as passport numbers are only unique for that country, theoretically several people could have the same passport number if they're from different countries. 

Looks simple to me. 

• Haha 1

With the extremely low fatality rate in Thailand in mind, I guess that the risk of dying from blood clots, after having the Sinovac or AZ vaccines, are almost equal to the risk of dying from Covid 19?  I will personally wait another 5 months or more to get Moderna or Pfizer jabs.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

This means that in principle, foreigners will be able to use the walk in vaccination services as soon as they are up and running and the locations are confirmed.

So lets see where they are situated, [and I don't just mean in Bangkok] also what vaccine is available?

• Like 1

Walk in centre in Buriram is up and running several people in my neighbourhood received the first shot. Apparently foreigners can use the centre too (neighbour told me she spotted several farangs in the queue)

23 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Good news indeed!

It won't be long before they will be offering us free, one year visa extensions with every jab! 

Doesn't the jab have to be taken two time , resulting in a two year visa . One should be so lucky.

but it would give very much incentive to have the jab. Good thinking.

53 minutes ago, cnx101 said:

I myself appreciate it, myself would of paid for but it’s free even better, soon as possible I’ll be there for my jab, also I can see in the future that the government will make new rules such as if your not vaccinated not allowed in the gym and other places, and that would be the worst thing for me.

I don't think so, just have the jab, it doesn't hurt.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Brunolem said:

This part is true.

A number of people, mostly elderlies, in our village, have been informed that they will get a shot next week.

It seems that it will be the Sinovac.

I plan to monitor this operation closely...side effects and all...

I do not believe it has been approved for the over 60 age group.

11 minutes ago, Bigz said:

Walk in centre in Buriram is up and running several people in my neighbourhood received the first shot. Apparently foreigners can use the centre too (neighbour told me she spotted several farangs in the queue)

Which vaccine is being given?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Xonax said:

With the extremely low fatality rate in Thailand in mind, I guess that the risk of dying from blood clots, after having the Sinovac or AZ vaccines, are almost equal to the risk of dying from Covid 19?  I will personally wait another 5 months or more to get Moderna or Pfizer jabs.

Come on.  That's not true.  Do some research...please.

P.S. all of the jabs have side effects.  Just like almost all vaccines.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Come on.  That's not true.  Do some research...please.

P.S. all of the jabs have side effects.  Just like almost all vaccines.

Well I'm not in position of knowing which one  is the better. I'll take any one. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Derek B said:

Which vaccine is being given?

Sinovac...what else? I'm in no rush to get it. Will wait for moderna unless they start penalizing people without vaccination. 

23 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Then the thought of an expensive trip home for 2 decent jabs and another ASQ return here is getting closer to getting the credit card out !!!

Already done this.

Clear the brain and see the old country.

Not without problems.

Now 8 weeks between the jabs.

Plus still 10 days isolation from Thailand.

Plus the required departure test.

And two while in the UK.

Then a new coe and quarantine on returning.

Plus another test to leave.

And two tests in Thai isolation.

Versus the alternative.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PEE TEE said:

But you have a attempted to register to early. From the latest one will be able to walk in and he vaccinated. I'm here or there. Whether I'm vaccinated or not but to enter another country one will have to undertake it

23 hours ago, CLW said:

Yesterday just out of curiosity I was looking for the vaccination center at Central Lat Phrao that was mentioned in the press. Couldn't find any. I thought the location 3rd floor was a typo, so I looked at 5th floor at the BCC venue, closed. I mean something like this must be big. Is it closed already and was just opened for one day as a PR stunt? Or a misreporting mixed up Centara Hotel and Central Plaza? So many questions and everything clear as mud....

[EDIT] I did a google search and found out that those idiots from a certain newspaper that can not be named are obvioulsy not able to distinguish between Central Plaza Shopping Center and Centara Grand Hotel which are close together but two separate buildings. Because the vaccination venue is the Skyhall event room on the 3rd floor of Centara Hotel.

well done to find out

Hope we.ll be ablr to get Pfizer or Moderna 

No Sinovac or A.Zeneca

Hopefully they will be offered soon 

15 hours ago, Susco said:

AZ not gonna deliver anything to Thailand.

Thailand will produce the vaccine, of which the biggest part is designated for export, and part of it they can use for local consumption, but they still have to pay AZ for it, as they are only producing under license.

You may think you are right but you are wrong.

Thailand has orders with AZ and orders with Siam Bioscience.

5 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You may think you are right but you are wrong.

Thailand has orders with AZ and orders with Siam Bioscience.

Siam Bioscience-produced AstraZeneca vaccine passes quality testing

In a press release, James Teague, Country President, AstraZeneca (Thailand) Ltd said:

"We have seen a series of significant and promising progress in AstraZeneca's Covid-19 vaccine development in Thailand during the past weeks. First, the Thai Food and Drug Administration approved Siam Bioscience as a manufacturing facility for COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca. Last week, the samples of COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca made by Siam Bioscience passed the full tests the standard set by the Department of Medicial Sciences (DMS) for requirements such as chemical composition and safety.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2112755/siam-bioscience-produced-astrazeneca-vaccine-passes-quality-testing