Question regarding Phuket new Covid test requirement

Mormolin

Hello! I am a little bit confuse regarding the new rules. I am currently living in Phuket, but I want to leave for a 1 month trip in Koh Samui.

If I understood well, when I will come back from Samui, I will need to show a Covid PCR test from an hospital? If I don't have it, they will not allow me to come back to Phuket ?

Think carefully about this plan. Indeed the rules are only in place until May 31 at this point. I wouldn't risk it. Thailand is under de-facto martial law right now and you could find yourself detained and placed in a field hospital if you're unfortunate enough to test positive. 

22 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Nice of them to give people a months notice...

1768319425_NaiHarncovidrulesb.jpg.3491d005269d17e12d4e99d2ca321a6c.jpg

June 15??? That's in a months time. 

I'm sure tourists are just dying to get to Phuket in July and walk around muzzled everywhere, happy to pay their 20000 Baht fines if they fail to comply. 

On 5/15/2021 at 6:21 PM, JetsetBkk said:

Nice of them to give people a months notice...

1768319425_NaiHarncovidrulesb.jpg.3491d005269d17e12d4e99d2ca321a6c.jpg

That's how organised they are...! ????, this is actually should say starting from 15 May, that's when they put it up, but mixed up the date - I checked the Thai word and that is also "June" and wrong ....! 

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

That's how organised they are...! ????, this is actually should say starting from 15 May, that's when they put it up, but mixed up the date - I checked the Thai word and that is also "June" and wrong ....! 

Yes, it's "June" in Thai also. Incredible! If it had been "May" in Thai, I would have just assumed they got the translation wrong, but as it is "June" in Thai also then they are either giving us a month's notice or they are "disorganised" (that's the polite way of saying it).

• Haha 1