Restaurant dining set to return to Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

Thai Royal Gazette releases order changing Covid-19 color zones, new measures to start Monday, May 17th

By Adam Judd

LINE_P20210509_15175552_1.jpeg

The Thai Royal Gazette released an order this evening approving a proposal made by the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) earlier today to change zone coding in the country that regulates general restrictions and measures related to Covid-19 in the Kingdom.

The order, which takes effect on Monday, May 17th, 2021, reduces the highest and strictest control zones, or dark red, to four areas from six previously: Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, and Samut Prakan. Chonburi has been dropped to a “red zone” or controlled, and Chiang Mai has been dropped to an “orange zone”, or surveillance.

Amongst other measures, the main measures reduced for Chonburi readers, the majority of our audience, is dine-in will be allowed with normal seating until 11:00 P.M. (Although the Governor could strengthen this rule if he chooses.) In “Deep Red” zones, like Bangkok, dine-in will be allowed at 25% capacity until 9:00 P.M. and take-away until 11:00 P.M. Orange zones allow dine-in as normal. Alcohol sales are forbidden at restaurants Kingdom-wide, and bars and entertainment venues must stay closed across the country.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/15/thai-royal-gazette-releases-order-changing-covid-19-color-zones-new-measures-to-start-monday-may-17th/

PattayaNews.jpg
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Reading the headline , I thought someone had nicked a dining set

from a restaurant in Pattaya and were returning it.......

regards worgeordie

Or maybe set meals only.

One from column A and one from column B.

No substitutions!

• Haha 1

No but it will be possible to go and sit and have a cup of tea or coffee. No use to Bangkokians I agree but it is a slight improvement. 

Edited by rott

4 hours ago, Victornoir said:

Restaurants can already open. Tonight I had dinner in my favorite Thai canteen soi Chayapoon.

Yes, they seem to have jumped the gun and this May 17th date...  I expect to be eating out tonight (posted on FB they are open), and might be searching out an English breakfast later this morning. 

5 hours ago, Victornoir said:

Restaurants can already open. Tonight I had dinner in my favorite Thai canteen soi Chayapoon.

There's a difference between just going ahead and doing something, and actually being permitted to do something...

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I think it is too soon .  The problem is they never obey the 25%.

Groups in a few days will be sitting side by side unenforced.

The announcement indicates dine-in with 'normal' seating in Chonburi up to 11pm. The remaining four 'deep red'areas are still restricted to 25% but Chonburi has, at the moment, unless the Governor states otherwise, changed to a 'red zone' with reduced restrictions.

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

Crazy rule. You can drop your mask to sip a water but not sip a beer or wine !!

You do know people get stupid and careless on alcohol , Right,  and domestic violence rears it’s ugly head , Think 

• Like 2

Yes open but you can not buy a glass of beer or wine. 

The government must have some study that dining while having a glass of wine significantly increases the risk of Covid transmission while dining.  I "think" it was part of the same study that recommended that if you were traveling in a car with your spouse that you were both required to wear masks. 

I did hear that they were going to allow the swimming pools to re-open but with social distancing rules.  If the pools had competition lanes only the odd number lanes would be filled with water.  If the pools did not have competition lanes the facility would have its choice of filling only the deep or shallow ends of the pool. 

You have numerous open air restaurants, fresh air, sunshine and warm temperatures all prevent virus transmission.  

Now shopping rather than dining is fine.  No chance of Covid transmission here. 

image.png.a6069d743c765aed0d3e6d9d5d9a89cb.png

It is said a camel was designed by government bureaucrats intended to be a race horse.  Rules like no dining outside, no alcohol, but shoulder to shoulder in stores prove just how idiotic they can be. 

Edited by Thomas J
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Victornoir said:

I don't think they can officially. I was looking for an English breakfast on Buakhao this morning, my selection was not yet open for in-house. Nor were the eating places in Big-CX mall, even the coffee shops.....

Excellent news but what i want to know is why it was put in place anyway? as the numbers of cases is still at roughly the same amount, so what was the point of it , proves there was no need to do it, to start with.    all about control and power

• Like 1

Just now, paulikens said:

Excellent news but what i want to know is why it was put in place anyway? as the numbers of cases is still at roughly the same amount, so what was the point of it , proves there was no need to do it, to start with.    all about control and power

The numbers for Chonburi are not "still roughly the same amount", they have been down for the last few days.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Henryford said:

Crazy rule. You can drop your mask to sip a water but not sip a beer or wine !!

It seems the idea with alcohol ban is because of people losing their inhibitions,  forgetting about social distancing and getting too close to others. 

Breathing too close, touching their face and then others, tables, chairs, doors, etc.  Sober people are more likely to conform and be mindful of hygiene.  Does it help?  I don't know.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, aussienam said:

Breathing too close, touching their face and then others, tables, chairs, doors, etc.

Everyone does all that  without even knowing/thinking about it,  when drunk you don't remember doing it but neither do you when sober ! ????