Restaurant dining set to return to Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

On 5/15/2021 at 9:26 PM, Taboo2 said:

It is a good start and everyone will be out supporting those businesses....keep it up.  Life will return to normal by Mid June.

Do you work for TAT by any chance or did I miss the irony? What is your definition of normal?  No customers for income; rents and staff wages to be paid.  Many restaurants are permanently closed; this is not normal.

22 hours ago, wadman said:

The numbers for Chonburi are not "still roughly the same amount", they have been down for the last few days.

Well they are going to be adding the results on from the jails which won' t look so pretty. But keep up the optimism.. I certainly need it. 

2 minutes ago, paulikens said:

@wadman but bangkok numbers are, so again i ask what was the point?

CHONBURI numbers have been down for the lasy few days => relaxation in CHONBURI measures (dine-in allowed with restrictions)

Bangkok numbers are about the same => no Bangkok measures relaxed

Surely that makes logical sense?

On 5/17/2021 at 7:07 AM, wadman said:

CHONBURI numbers have been down for the lasy few days => relaxation in CHONBURI measures (dine-in allowed with restrictions)

Bangkok numbers are about the same => no Bangkok measures relaxed

Surely that makes logical sense?

@wadman no bangkok is the same as chonburi and is allowed dine-in now.

21 hours ago, wadman said:

Source?

This is an article in the Bangkok post today, Tuesday May 18.

Clusters surge across capital (bangkokpost.com)

It mentions nothing about dine-in being allowed in Bangkok.  Nor could I find an article that does.  Nothing on nationthailand.com either.

@wadman In “Deep Red” zones, like Bangkok, dine-in will be allowed at 25% capacity until 9:00 P.M.  so the source is from the story on here, so obviously you havent even read it before you started arguing the fact with me.

19 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Not exactly.... deep red must close at 9pm, and Chonburi, a red zone, at 11pm. (I think)

@jacko45k yes but my point was the numbers havent gone down in bkk and now they have allowed dine-in, the closing time is irrelevant, so why did they stop dine-in  in the first place?  

21 minutes ago, paulikens said:

@jacko45k yes but my point was the numbers havent gone down in bkk and now they have allowed dine-in, the closing time is irrelevant, so why did they stop dine-in  in the first place?  

I do not think people find rhyme nor reason in their actions. 

Stopping dine in was perhaps a step too far ( I didn't think so..... It was how the UK handled it too). Pressure was brought to bear to relax. that rule.... 

Maybe changed in an effort to keep the Bangkok 'unclean' in their areas, instead of them prowling for food like a wolf pack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/18/2021 at 1:54 PM, paulikens said:

@wadman no bangkok is the same as chonburi and is allowed dine-in now.

And from my experience of walking around Emporium, Emquartier, Central Chitlom and Central Embassy (Bangkok) at lunchtime today, most mall restaurants and coffee shops seem to operating normally with few observable seating restrictions.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1