SURVEY: Should Thailand mandate vaccination?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Thailand mandate vaccination?  

325 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote]

...Again, it seems that no one here is aware of basic human rights, which is very disappointing.

[/quote]

Basic human rights?!  You're living in cloud-cuckoo land ????  Forget about such things in the vast majority of nations on the earth, because they either don't exist, or are habitually-abused and ignored.  You want to clamour for change?  Go right ahead.  I've learnt from personal experiences that if I want a peaceful, stress-free life, then to keep my mouth shut and to look after myself first and foremost ????

• Like 2

One of the reasons vaccines should not be enforced is because some people are completely vaccine-intolerant and for them, vaccines can be highly dangerous.

There are also some immuno-compromised people for whom vaccines are contra-indicated and some very frail (usually elderly) people with serious underlying health problems for whom even the relatively mild side effects of vaccines can be life threatening - as was seen in Norway, a while back.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, billd766 said:

What will they be vaccinated with?

You cannot vaccinate people if there are no vaccines to jab them with. Why should they be punished for something beyond their control?

It is the Thai governments responsibility to procure the vaccines and make them available to ALL hospitals in the country.

A kneejerk reaction and a stupid one from you. 

A better post would be, ALL foreigners should be deported if they refuse vaccination within a reasonable time of the vaccines becoming available. 

It wasn't meant to be serious. Relax.

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

I voted 1, but only because my preferred option ins't available. I believe that, after a sensible deadline, access to services (government, bank, ATM, 7/11, markets) should be denied to unvaccinated people. Under Thailand's current plans  this should probably be announced, right now, as of November 1. 

So people are given a choice, but would have to send their gardener to get cash from the ATM if they chose to stay unprotected.

while we are at it let us also ban smoking, jail time if you don't give up smoking...ban all junk food too as that is bad for you, jail time if caught eating junk food.....shall we go on!! If you get the vaccine you are supposedly protected so why should it matter if others don't??

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

If society is go to down this path then they should have everyone vaccinated for every other contagious disease, I could put a list down but I assume you are educated enough to know which viruses and diseases I am referring to, suffice to say, if one goes down this road, then where does one stop ?

Mandated Vaccines, one comes to mind.

Small Pox, How'd that work out ?

Politically, carrots are more desirable than sticks. Mandatory vaccination is enforced already for some diseases, at least for travel. Try getting into a West African Country without a yellow fever vaccination - it isn't going to happen. They will either vaccinate you at the airport or put you on the next plane home.

Some British Airways staff are pulling sickies when rostered for an Indian flight, and i do not blame them. If they cannot get vaccinated yet (to young) why go? People who refuse vaccinations put other people who cannot get vaccinated at risk, and as such are a danger to others, just like drunk drivers.

Personally, until i get vaccinated i will avoid/boycott those who refuse to do so.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:
2 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

There should be an addition whereby not having the vaccine you sign a waiver that if you get covid that any  treatment  will not be free.

I don't think treatment for a foreigner is free anyways is it ?

It should be free but maybe not for those that refused to be vaccinated.

1 hour ago, bermondburi said:

Jeez. This forum used to be fun. I'm not writing for the BMJ, and I can't be bothered to go around finding links to everything I've read. 

Just Google it yourself.

Like most armchair epidemiologists on this forum, a talking-head on TV told you so therefore it's The Truth

For me?  If assertions are not backed by scientific studies then it's hearsay and doesn't hold water except for the assertion's propaganda value.  When I hear the statement from the main-stream press, "Experts Say!", I literally cringe.  But a large majority of a rather unsophisticated and unquestioning population simple nods there heads in the direction that the talking-heads on TV tell them to nod.

Me?  A want facts in the form of published studies.  Anything less, especially nowadays regarding this highly charged topic of SARS-Cov-2 and the illness it causes, is hearsay and opinion - not fact.
"All studies show..........."  <------ without links that comment has no veracity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Mandated Vaccines, one comes to mind.

Small Pox, How'd that work out ?

Really, your going back to the dark ages, i.e. over a 120 years ago, different times and much more severe compared to Covid, e.g. 1 in 3 for smallpox deaths.

59 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

That would be nothing short of force, which is not the way to go, people should always have a choice without prejudice. 

People have rights, take people's rights away and you have totalitarian government, is that what you and others really want ?

Totalitarianism is a form of government that attempts to assert total control over the lives of its citizens. It is characterized by strong central rule that attempts to control and direct all aspects of individual life through coercion and repression.

Really? People have the right to do whatever they want without fear of governments taking action against them?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rickudon said:

Personally, until i get vaccinated i will avoid/boycott those who refuse to do so.

Was with my usual group of educated people last night having a few cold ones and I asked, so how many of you lads are getting vaccinated and everyone of them said; not me, so we'll accept your boycotting us.

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Really? People have the right to do whatever they want without fear of governments taking action against them?

Perhaps you should read my post again, in other words, I agree with you, however in reality, do we really have those rights or are they slowly being stripped away from us ?

Financial incentives, like receive next round of government handout if vaccinated can work.

As if mandatory vaccination us totally wrong...well it does exist long time, all over the world.

Every country, every child gets a set of vaccines, mandatory.

Only difference covid vaccine is the moment a short time solution, which what it worth perhaps at some day can be replaced by a pill, like the antibiotics for pneumonia.

The moment it seems covid took over the common flu, that is long time around, with a yearly round of voluntary vaccine available against. 

It does kill 1000s of elderly each year most countries, but voluntary jab.

9 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Was with my usual group of educated people last night having a few cold ones and I asked, so how many of you lads are getting vaccinated and everyone of them said; not me, so we'll accept your boycotting us.

I will hazard a guess and say that those same “educated” people will be getting vaccinated if their visa renewal depends on it. 

• Like 2

None of the options match my opinion. Unable to participate in survey

My opinion is No, we shouldn't mandate BUT: Anyone working in an area where whey frequently are in contact with the public (healthcare, education, police, bus drivers, taxi drivers etc.)  should be forced to choose. Vaccinate or we will fire you (or take away taxi license etc.).

It is not right that someone with a "public" job should be allowed to risk others lives, there are other jobs. Eat it and change job to one where you don't risk others if you don't like vaccines.

Edited by MikeyIdea

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

That would be nothing short of force, which is not the way to go, people should always have a choice without prejudice. 

People have rights, take people's rights away and you have totalitarian government, is that what you and others really want ?

Totalitarianism is a form of government that attempts to assert total control over the lives of its citizens. It is characterized by strong central rule that attempts to control and direct all aspects of individual life through coercion and repression.

I agree with you that people have rights. I have the right NOT to be infected by somebody who refuses to be vaccinated. The person who refuses vaccination does NOT have the right to infect anybody else.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I will hazard a guess and say that those same “educated” people will be getting vaccinated if their visa renewal depends on it. 

I would hazard a guess that a court challenge would be warranted.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

Thailand should allow the citizens to choose whatever vaccine they want and not push a certain vaccine to them.

Different people want different things.

True and maybe someday there will be adequate choices here, maybe, someday. 

25 minutes ago, Sir Dude said:

They shouldn't but they will and as far as foreigners are concerned, we should all be ready for it becoming a condition of visa approval/renewal in the not so distant future. It's coming, for sure.

Yep. We're sort a a captured audience.

1 hour ago, Susco said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I certainly agree that no vaccination should be enforced.

At the same time I wholly disagree with those who chose to exercise their rights not to vaccinate. 

Can you make up your mind please?

Struggling to comprehend the difference?  Can’t handle the ‘grey area’ ???

Enforcing vaccines violates rights I’m in agreement with.

Yet, ultimately, those who choose not take a vaccine place others at risk and I disagree with their choice. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I would hazard a guess that a court challenge would be warranted.

I am sure there will be all sorts of legal ramifications if they choose to enforce the vaccine but the bottom line is if you have a stark choice of take it or leave your wife, family and home behind most people would end up taking it. 

People say all sorts after a few beers. 

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

I would appreciate you maintaining social distancing whilst you are not vaccinated, I don't want to catch it from you.

Once you are vaccinated, you cannot give it to me and myself as an un-vaccinated person wont be able to give it to you !!

52 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Why should covid health care treatment be free, other health care treatment isnt.

Flawed argument....  a Covid-19 vaccine isn’t ‘health care’ in the manner you indicate above. 

Covid-19 vaccinates contribute to the well being of society. A valid argument would be that ALL vaccines should be free.

Yet, your health care for an ear infection, a broken leg and pretty much all non-contagious ailments impact your wellbeing and not that of the society in which they live. 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Struggling to comprehend the difference?  Can’t handle the ‘grey area’ ???

Enforcing vaccines violates rights I’m in agreement with.

Yet, ultimately, those who choose not take a vaccine place others at risk and I disagree with their choice. 

We have had this discussion a few times already, where you accuse people of struggling with this or that, while it is actually you who is the one struggling.

Let me make it clear to you.

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:
  1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I certainly agree that no vaccination should be enforced.

At the same time I wholly disagree with those who chose to exercise their rights not to vaccinate. 

Disagreeing with people exercising their rights is the same as denying them any rights, which is the same as enforcing them to accept what you think is right.

Got it now?

• Like 1