SURVEY: Should Thailand mandate vaccination?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Thailand mandate vaccination?  

325 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

I do apologise Ralf, it was Scott, the OP who said 'With cases ticking upward, one province has indicated that everyone must register for a vaccine by May 31 or face a possible month in jail and a 10,000 baht fine.  '

Would it not be better if YOU put ME on ignore?

I'd just prefer you to stop quoting me with your nonsense.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Susco said:

I assume you can agree I add you to my ignore list, bye

Ignore list !!!....  ok princess !!

Now...  shall I link to how many people agree ??????

--------

Just so you understand: I don’t people should be ‘Forced’ to take the vaccine. But I think they are a selfish idiot if they don’t.....    

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, johng said:

How will you know they are not vaccinated ?     maybe they will be wearing a yellow star

or have to walk around ringing a bell shouting unclean unclean whenever out in a public place ?

Because in Nazi Germany Jews had the choice to declare themselves to be not Jewish? And unclean is an ancient idea that science has made irrelevant.

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

We’re talking about vaccinating against a devastating global pandemic,

How devastating is it, are we up there near the Black death Pandemic/Flu Pandemic/HIV Pandemic/Bubonic plague Pandemic ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:
9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There is every 'moral and scientific argument to support vaccination. 

and they are ?

Yawn....     really ??????? 

I’ll start you off... simple language.... 

Scientific - eradication of Covid-19 so that the world can get back to normal. 

Moral - everyone who takes the vaccines contributes to community immunity. 

There are a lot more points to support vaccines both scientifically and morally - but if you’re mind is made up, like a lot of the other anti-vaxxers there really very little point... 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

They should not mandate anything. Cannot organise a p**s up in a brewery, let alone a vaccination program.

Too many mixed messages on who can or cannot register for, or be vaccinated against Covid.

Thai first farangs last. Farangs can, farangs cannot. Require this, require that

I tried registering today. Told cannot without Tax I.D. So I will just wait until the private hospitals start selling

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

What is the Covid-19 death toll so far ???

You don’t think thats globally devastating ???

about 3.5 million dead out of a total world population of 7.8 billion  the percentage is 0.04 %

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yawn....     really ??????? 

I’ll start you off... simple language.... 

Scientific - eradication of Covid-19 so that the world can get back to normal. 

Moral - everyone who takes the vaccines contributes to community immunity. 

There are a lot more points to support vaccines both scientifically and morally - but if you’re mind is made up, like a lot of the other anti-vaxxers there really very little point... 

What makes you think Iam anti vaxxer, is your go to answer is to insult a person rather that rebutt with actual facts ?

4 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

I voted 1, but only because my preferred option ins't available. I believe that, after a sensible deadline, access to services (government, bank, ATM, 7/11, markets) should be denied to unvaccinated people. Under Thailand's current plans  this should probably be announced, right now, as of November 1. 

So people are given a choice, but would have to send their gardener to get cash from the ATM if they chose to stay unprotected.

Dictator, that's what comes to mind.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Governments need to find a way to achieve that ‘critical proportion’ for the vaccination program to be truly effective. 

The balancing act, without force one hopes.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, johng said:

about 3.5 million dead out of a total world population of 7.8 billion  the percentage is 0.04 %

It makes no sense to cite this number while the pandemic is still raging. It would make more sense if it was lightly edited to read

about 3.5 million dead out of a total world population of 7.8 billion  the percentage so far is 0.04 %

What's more, as epidemiologists have been saying, mortality is being undercounted. Especially in nations where the infrastructure is weak and the health systems overwhelmed. Like India.

And it also takes no account of the much larger number of people who have suffered serious damage due to the virus.

3 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

One of the reasons vaccines should not be enforced is because some people are completely vaccine-intolerant and for them, vaccines can be highly dangerous.

There are also some immuno-compromised people for whom vaccines are contra-indicated and some very frail (usually elderly) people with serious underlying health problems for whom even the relatively mild side effects of vaccines can be life threatening - as was seen in Norway, a while back.

Obviously, vaccination would not be compulsory for people for whom vaccination is contraindicated. They don't have a choice, so it is exactly in order to protect these individuals that it is important that everyone else are vaccinated.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It would make more sense if it was lightly edited to read

about 3.5 million dead out of a total world population of 7.8 billion  the percentage so far is 0.04 %

Ok  so far   the percentage of the world population  who have died with or from Covid 19 virus is 0.04%    its still a very very small number , obviously its devastating for family and friends of those who have sadly died..but we also have to  consider the devastating effects due to the  measures used to try and contain the virus on the mental and physical health of the vast majority who have not died from it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johng said:

Ok  so far   the percentage of the world population  who have died with or from Covid 19 virus is 0.04%    its still a very very small number , obviously its devastating for family and friends of those who have sadly died..but we also have to  consider the devastating effects due to the  measures used to try and contain the virus on the mental and physical health of the vast majority who have not died from it. 

As I pointed out, it's also an inaccurate one. Not only that, but we've seen how covid paralyses health care systems when it's allowed to run rampant. What's your solution for that?

The overall servey is prretty evenly split between mandates as a whole or no mandates. I doubt the foreigners are going to have a choice but we will see.

Perhaps a better survey would be:

Do you intend to get vaccinated?

If yes, will you accept the initial brand offering?

If no, do you think you should be allowed to remain in Thailand? Travel on international flights?

This will get more useful information. The vaccines will be released very shortly, leaning heavily to the AZ. I for one will take whatever is on offer today. Later I may consider others but now is better than later.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

health care systems when it's allowed to run rampant. What's your solution for that?

Invest more money  in healthcare ?  less on military weapons, bailing out banks

and other companies that are deemed "cannot fail"   those at "high risk"  from the virus

(the old and with co morbidities ) to wear masks, social distance wash hands whilst out and about..let everyone else get on with life !!!!

1 minute ago, johng said:

Invest more money  in healthcare ?  less on military weapons, bailing out banks

and other companies that are deemed "cannot fail"   those at "high risk"  from the virus

(the old and with co morbidities ) to wear masks, social distance wash hands whilst out and about..let everyone else get on with life !!!!

So, how do we do that in the current situation? Put on our ruby slippers, make a wish, and click them 3 times?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, WhatsNext said:

Basic human rights anyone ? Your body is yours and doesn't belong to any government. Making the question here already show total and utter ignorance about international law and human rights. 

Article 3 Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

The principle of bodily integrity sums up the right of each human being, including children, to autonomy and self-determination over their own body. It considers an unconsented physical intrusion as a human rights violation.

Maybe the staff of Thaivisa should read up on basic knowledge a little bit, just a suggestion. 

Someone got out the wrong side of bed. 

The poll is a very good one and if you don't like it, just move on. 

Governments have the right to protect their citizens and if you refuse it, you should be put in jail, especially if you are an alien. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This question, to me, is tricky… on one hand i am very much a proponent of the idea “personal rights” when it comes to your own healthcare… i don’t think the government has the right to tell you how to manage your own health..

that said…

I also recognize that individuals; complete with their right, also exist within larger societal groups — and one individuals actions - be that from exercising a right or legally granted privilege  - can impact others … so i don’t think ones own “rights” exist within purely within a vacuum …  

So, while i don’t agree with the government MANDATING an individual person get it the jab, i DO think that government also has the right and obligation to implement law to insure the collective safety of the group… and while you as an individual to may chose to abstain from getting the jab, i think it’s also fair for government to have rules that bar those that aren’t vaccinated from situations where there is a credible risk to health of society at large. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

2 hours ago, johng said:

It makes no sense to cite this number while the pandemic is still raging. It would make more sense if it was lightly edited to read

What's more, as epidemiologists have been saying, mortality is being undercounted. Especially in nations where the infrastructure is weak and the health systems overwhelmed. Like India.

And it also takes no account of the much larger number of people who have suffered serious damage due to the virus.

What would the global mortality be without mitigation measures (lockdowns, social isolation etc) ???

What would the tally of serious long term consequences & mortality be in a few years without the Covid-19  vaccines ? 

What are the consequences of the unfettered spread of Covid-19 ?.. a virus which has mutated 1000’s of time & if uncontrolled could mutate into a variant more deadly than we have seen so far. 

The vaccines are not just about protecting ‘us’ (the general population) from Covid-19 but from what the SARS-CoV-2 virus could bring. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

So, how do we do that in the current situation? Put on our ruby slippers, make a wish, and click them 3 times?

You have ruby slippers ?

don't I fell like the povo spec with me keyboard flip flop.

Edited by Ralf001

7 hours ago, Brunolem said:

As far as I know, no country in the world has mandated Covid vaccination, and that includes all the totalitarian regimes.

Why exactly should Thailand inflict upon its population what no other country has done?

In every country, there is a sizeable number of pro-covid vaccination (fanatics) who are vaccinated and thus protected from the virus, but who won't be satisfied as long as everyone else won't get their shots.

Why are they so hell bent into forcing everyone to be safe from the Covid virus, but not from, say, the dangers of smoking or of eating junk food, is a mystery.

Why not mandate the suppression of everything that is dangerous for humans? Why focus only on the Covid virus?

Very good question that very few people seem willing to face.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, placeholder said:

That's true. It makes you less likely to be contagious. And if you do catch covid it makes it a lot less likely that you will experience serious illness or even die. You do know this, right?

This is interesting. Fully vaccinated and get covid. 

https://abc7news.com/sports/ny-yankees-say-8-vaccinated-members-test-positive-for-covid--/10628096/

• Like 1