1,219 more prison inmates in Thailand found infected with COVID-19 on Saturday

3 minutes ago, Donga said:

Yep, could be much higher. He's sure right about that. Is that a fact in your book?

How much higher? How many prisons are there outside greater Bangkok? Do you think the authorities might be focusing on these most likely ones first?

Let's see how this plays out. 5,664 now - how many cases do you think will end up in the 143 prisons? And how would this place Thailand with total cases per mill and deaths per mill.. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Look at the entire post to see where your view of cases in Thailand is wrong as well.image.png.a4d7a1667f7e86525c5ad133bde8705d.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Lots of questions there that are obviously challenging your logic, you could try and make some predictions yourself first

Seriously. I'm not the one making the assertion there is rampant Covid in the 143 prisons, but for giggles will go for 15,000, which would take total cases for Thailand to around 110,000 on today's numbers. That be around 1600 per mill, which compares with Americas and Europe in the tens of thousand per mill.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Furthermore, predict Thailand will manage this wave by the end of June, like they did the other waves.

Your turn.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Caldera said:

They didn't make it into today's national count though. Would that look too bad?

The Corrections Dept reported the new infections just after noon on the Friday and there was ample time in which to include these infections in today's Covid-19 daily update.

Will be included tomorrow.

Edited by anchadian

4 minutes ago, Donga said:

Seriously. I'm not the one making the assertion there is rampant Covid in the 143 prisons, but for giggles will go for 15,000, which would take total cases for Thailand to around 110,000 on today's numbers. That be around 1600 per mill, which compares with Americas and Europe in the tens of thousand per mill.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Furthermore, predict Thailand will manage this wave by the end of June, like they did the other waves.

Your turn.

Actually I don't make predictions with numbers I just know for a fact that Thailand has never dealt with the UK variant before so comparing it to previous waves is irrelevant. They way they've performed so far is disastrous and unless they get a grip it could get far worse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Actually I don't make predictions with numbers I just know for a fact that Thailand has never dealt with the UK variant before so comparing it to previous waves is irrelevant. They way they've performed so far is disastrous and unless they get a grip it could get far worse.

You guys kill me with your "facts".. https://www.thaipbsworld.com/a-guide-to-the-uk-variant-fuelling-thailands-third-wave-of-covid-19/

Way they've performed is disastrous? What do base that on, clearly not the international numbers. Get a grip man and smell the roses...  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Actually wonder if you have a problem with numbers period, hence might struggle with predicting them - as you don't seem to understand the facts from the database used by all the media.

Edited by Donga
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Donga said:

You guys kill me with your "facts".. https://www.thaipbsworld.com/a-guide-to-the-uk-variant-fuelling-thailands-third-wave-of-covid-19/

Way they've performed is disastrous? What do base that on, clearly not the international numbers. Get a grip man and smell the roses...  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Actually wonder if you have a problem with numbers period, hence might struggle with predicting them - as you don't seem to understand the facts from the database used by all the media.

I said its a fact that Thailand has never dealt with the UK variant before, why does that kill you?

You can quote the worldometers stats as much as you want, we are talking about Thailand and its disastrous handling since 1st April of this new wave and outbreak.

What exactly is it you fail to understand about that?

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I said its a fact that Thailand has never dealt with the UK variant before, why does that kill you?

You can quote the worldometers stats as much as you want, we are talking about Thailand and its disastrous handling since 1st April of this new wave and outbreak.

What exactly is it you fail to understand about that?

They're dealing with it now, Brian just as they did the previous waves. UK variant is not such a big deal.

Let's see how things stand at the end of June. Until then you can bat away each day hoping the Thais will screw this up, just as you think they will, without predicting anything tangible.

32 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The Corrections Dept reported the new infections just after noon on the Friday and there was ample time in which to include these infections in today's Covid-19 daily update.

Will be included tomorrow.

Sorry, that should be just after noon yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Donga said:

They're dealing with it now, Brian just as they did the previous waves. UK variant is not such a big deal.

Let's see how things stand at the end of June. Until then you can bat away each day hoping the Thais will screw this up, just as you think they will, without predicting anything tangible.

Yes they are dealing with it now and its not going terribly well. I don't have a crystal ball to predict anything tangible but we do have stats:

First one is from the first case in Thailand last year to now and the second is from 1st April. 

Oh and don't worry, I'll carry on bashing Anutin, no problem, I've got the upmost respect however for the expert Thai virologists and professors who have also been predicting the same. Have a good evening.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand

cases 3.png

cases 4.png

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'll carry on bashing Anutin,

Do you reckon you would be capable? 

I think you mean you will keep complaining about Anutin.

On a forum he doesn't read. 

That'll show him. Stick it right up him. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Donga said:

They definately are performing with handling the English variant better than the English did.

The is no doubt about that.

• Like 2

Another 1,000+ from a Thonburi prison today, and then another 3,900+ from Chiang Mai announced this evening.

Added to yesterday's prison figures that were not announced today, there's +6,000 new cases to add to the Thailand total.

Not surprised if Thailand announces 2,123 new cases tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Do you reckon you would be capable? 

I think you mean you will keep complaining about Anutin.

On a forum he doesn't read. 

That'll show him. Stick it right up him. 

According to the poster I was replying to there is no difference you may want to check before you but in. However for etiquette yes he can carry on suffering my "complaints" as long as he remains in office. 

Edited by Bkk Brian

3 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

They definately are performing with handling the English variant better than the English did.

The is no doubt about that.

The English only discovered it was more contagious once it had taken hold, they then locked down until they got vaccinations rolling and are now opening up again.

The officials here however already had the evidence from the UK and Europe about how contagious it is and despite that did less then they did in the first wave last year to try and stop it. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

According to the poster I was replying to there is no difference you may want to check before you but in. However for etiquette yes he can carry on suffering my "complaints" as long as he remains in office. 

Do you think it is a little off the mark for a Brit to complain about a Thai because of the UK variant currently killing dozens of Thais daily and wiping out businesses that struggled through the first year of covid.

He did warn us all what would happen if we refused his free masks back in March last year.

He was right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RobMuir said:

Do you think it is a little off the mark for a Brit to complain about a Thai because of the UK variant currently killing dozens of Thais daily and wiping out businesses that struggled through the first year of covid.

He did warn us all what would happen if we refused his free masks back in March last year.

He was right.

No 

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The English only discovered it was more contagious once it had taken hold, they then locked down

Unfortunately you are wrong again Brian.

They knew it was highly contagious and they didn't stop Brits from flying out and spreading it across the globe.

I think trying to pin the English variant on Anutin is bit much mate.

Anutin was out handing out masks to control the spread while Boris Johnson was visiting covid patients and shaking their hands without a mask causing the spread.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Unfortunately you are wrong again Brian.

They knew it was highly contagious and they didn't stop Brits from flying out and spreading it across the globe.

I think trying to pin the English variant on Anutin is bit much mate.

Anutin was out handing out masks to control the spread while Boris Johnson was visiting covid patients and shaking their hands without a mask causing the spread.

No I'm not wrong, they locked down on discovering the UK variant was far more contagious, that is a fact. 

Was it the Brits who spread it or other nationalities going to the UK and then returning to their home countries, maybe a bit of both.

That does not take away from the fact that all countries are aware of how contagious it is and Thailand has its 2 week quarantine in place. However according to the reports it came in from Cambodia after officials went their gambling then returned to party in Bangkok.

Anutin was handing out masks when it was the old variant, however he failed to wear them himself on multiple occasions, maybe you forgot that?

Where did I say I was pinning the UK variant on him exactly? Making up your own facts and actually telling the truth seem to be a huge challenge for you.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Here is an update with some more information as to the cases in the prisons, it should soon make the regular news but as I posted yesterday cases are rife in the prisons.  There are however those that will not even believe this information as it is just coming from someone they call a doomsayer.  However, I post only what is put out in the news or will be shortly, like some of the other posters.  Stay safe

Here is todays run down as I have been informed and observed.  The link to one of the pages is also listed.

A total of 9783 positive results are being reported so far

Additional figures are most likely to be added to the national total tomorrow but they may be listed separately.  So far the following has been shown, and there are a few locations where known cases are that have not filtered out yet:

Nonthaburi 59

Central Special Treatment Center 12

Chachoengsao 43

Thonburi Remand 1725

Khlong Prem 1016

Central Women's Correctional Institution 1039

Bangkok Remand 1960

Chiang Mai Central Prison 3929

https://www.facebook.com/ThaiVisaNews/posts/10160952252853012

• Like 1