Cost control corpse kept on ice

THAIPHUKET

My friend, the question is about experience, is there a tendency to prolong the holding period. Difference private hospital vs government?

Nothing has a uniform price.

I rather leave something to my heirs than being longer on ice. The eternal darkness is bad enough.

6 hours ago, THAIPHUKET said:

My friend, the question is about experience

Certainly, that is why you didn’t mention it in the op.  

you are worried the cost of a few days on ice will meaningfully reduce your estate 

Sunday trolling

• Like 1

6 hours ago, THAIPHUKET said:

My friend, the question is about experience, is there a tendency to prolong the holding period. Difference private hospital vs government?

Nothing has a uniform price.

I rather leave something to my heirs than being longer on ice. The eternal darkness is bad enough.

Why don't you contact five hospitals for the cost of ten days and then average the price?

You'll be dead so it won't be your problem. I'm not being flippant. My aunt actually said that to me when she was diagnosed with cancer. All of you can worry about it...

If you are worried about your "estate" maybe the family can bring you home and just put you on ice in the tub.

Then again maybe they'll decide to take you for one last fling.

• Like 1

I get big sacks of ice delivered to my home for 50 baht per bag. 

I reckon 5 would do the trick.

So I estimate about 250 per day. If you have a large Esky to put you in and nobody opens it you might get two days out of each delivery. 

• Haha 2

Since there has been no update since 16 May, I assume you all know the Embassy does not control the release of a body.  Thai law and the next of kin control that.   There may be a delay if the next of kin lives out of country.  But in country next of kin, e.g. spouse, makes the decision after death certificate has been obtained from the Amphur.   There have been many, many cases of expats dying at home and the Embassy not being notified until some time after cremation.