Samsung A/C circuit board vs gecko - repair or replacement info for Chiang Mai (Hang Dong) area

19 minutes ago, rickudon said:

I get the impression that inverter AC's mainly have the problems with Geckos. More electronics inside? Never had problems over 7 years with our non-inverters.

They have MUCH more electronics. In Australia it was cheaper to replace the whole aircon than have repaired. 

As well as susceptible to vermin such as geckos they are also more susceptible to power spikes. Another issue is heat. Electronics produce heat and don't like heat. The electronics are "smart" enough if they get too hot they reduce the power output of the AC so they don't overheat and fail. Not good when really hot day and you want extra cooling from AC. I recommend people who instal inverters to instal outdoor unit in shaded areas or instal shading from direct sunlight..

Inverters are good but they are not the magic devices that some people are lead to believe.

20 minutes ago, DBath said:

What I fail to comprehend is, why not one ounce of compassion for the gecko...such insensitivity!!! ????????

I do. I have started up a GoFundMe campaign "Save The Geckos From AirConditioners".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That thin piece of track to the left of the exposed copper looks to be damaged. Some one who knows how may be able to clean the track and repair it.
I could do it, but I am in Perth so its a little far to pop over.

I paid a visit to the Samsung service centre in CM this morning.  Seems mostly to be all about phones, but they supply parts for all their kit.  Very helpful lady speaking English served up some good news and bad.  The price of the new pcb ..... a rather wallet pleasing 949 baht.  But - there are none in Thailand, so we'll call you when it gets here from Korea, in one or two months!  I purchased a new wall fan later...

14 minutes ago, snapperatlarge said:

I paid a visit to the Samsung service centre in CM this morning.  Seems mostly to be all about phones, but they supply parts for all their kit.  Very helpful lady speaking English served up some good news and bad.  The price of the new pcb ..... a rather wallet pleasing 949 baht.  But - there are none in Thailand, so we'll call you when it gets here from Korea, in one or two months!  I purchased a new wall fan later...

Consider Nyom Panich, near Robinson airport, next to the Toyota dealer, service in the back - they keep good stock on most things.

23 hours ago, bankruatsteve said:

Don't throw the board. Something may have emanated to the outside board which might be under warranty. A "qualified" service call is your best bet. 

I think you will find that after one year the only thing that they will cover is the compressor, had the same error message on mine a few months back and it was the board, had Samsung tech come out and it was around 5000 baht for the new board and labor

3 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

I do. I have started up a GoFundMe campaign "Save The Geckos From AirConditioners".

God bless you!!! ...Actually, this is he third article I've seen about geckos wreaking havoc on air conditioners. Good luck with the GoFundMe (last time I contributed to one of those, I got scammed out of all my savings, otherwise I would contribute). 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...