Be a good child and have your vaccination - mummy will give you a sugar lump

rooster59

'My prediction is that the local vaccine will not only prove to be highly effective and reliable but that the Thai authorities will be able to produce it by the bucketload and put it into everyone’s arms at a rate of hundreds of thousands per day very soon. '

Why would it not be effective and reliable? AZ has already proved itself. All we need now is for BioSceinece to prove they can produce this FOREIGN vaccine in the quantities promised and on time, but having revised the numbers already that seems doubtful.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

How about if they don't receive the vaccine and get a 'sugar lump' the anti-vaxers just get a BIG LUMP instead.   I for one have registered twice with a private hospital but both times the rules changed in a day or so and I have no idea if I am still registered or not.  Just hard to believe anything/everything you read because the next day it is altogether different.

Edited by dlclark97
add comment
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Had it already, it wasn't a big deal, and I personally didn't feel the effects of the illness worthy of a vaccine to prevent it.

Obviously one of the lucky people with no underlying problems.

I have none either and don’t particularly feel vulnerable but try to hedge all bets.

Suspect there are many relatives of those who were not so lucky wishing there had been a vaccine available.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I remember the good old days when this weekly topic was all about things that had happened in the past week interspersed with a reasonable amount of British humour and tales of scrabble and teaching at International schools.

Lately it seems to be a platform for one man’s opinions , those opinions can be aired on any of the numerous vaccine threads clogging up this forum. No need to turn what was a good Sunday read with a cuppa into a thread to raise the blood pressure, even more , of the TVF populate.

In these troublesome times we need your humour Rooster not your stance on current affairs . !!

Not interested in scrabble or what’s happening in international schools, but certainly welcome the English  humour.

If posting on this site gives some people relief from their mundane lives, why not, misguided as their comments may be.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Having been born in the 50s, I actually refused every vaccine when I was old enough to say no (at around age 13). The vaccines they did manage to stick me with before 1970 were probably more rigorously tested than any of the COVID injections.

And I'm not dead yet, nor have I ever suffered any serious disease. Had all the normal kid diseases with no serious effects.

It is likely you had all the critical vaccines mainstream of the era and at an age before you  got to choose to say no.

• Sad 1

Just now, Nojohndoe said:

It is likely you had all the critical vaccines mainstream of the era and at an age before you  got to choose to say no

Polio and tetanus I believe.

And polio was no longer a threat at that time in the UK, as our drinking water wasn't contaminated with human feces. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, solent01 said:

Thalidomide springs to mind.......... On a side note I have a Thai nurse friend who is still in a Coma after recieving her second "Gene Theropy" shot.....

Thalidomide and the devastation it caused was responsible for the enforced conventions on testing new pharmaceuticals. It is still in use to this day and is very useful.

• Like 1