Be a good child and have your vaccination - mummy will give you a sugar lump

rooster59

Apparently one risk with COVID vaccines is if the recipient has already had coronavirus, and developed antibodies. My son was talking about a friend of his in America who died ten days after getting AZ, because her immune system reacted too violently to the new invasion.

If too many of those incidents occur, the health professionals will no doubt vet people prior to vaccination for antibodies as a precaution.

It's a learning process, but IMO anti-vaxxers are not assisting in that.

On 5/16/2021 at 11:37 PM, bangon04 said:

in my earlier years I was made to feel like a big boy. "

I remember the day when a classmate of mine had German Measles (Rubella) He was also a neighbor

"Go and play with him now...."  my mother said.....

I was also told to play with my next door neighbor when he had it. Funny enough though I didn't catch it.

22 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

Do you have the direct link to the video please?

Sorry, I don't. But I've seen other short parts from this hearing.. One was a doctor from ER stating that he had no covid cases but people with side effects. If I find it I'll post it

14 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

Al the vaccines in history took years of trials to develop and in some cases took decades after failed trial after failed trial until they got one to not cause as many problems. the vast majority of the first, second etc etc versions failed with terrible consequences, in fact an earlier version of the polio vaccine caused a huge spike in polio.

You lot praising the vaccines, are you really trying to tell us that covid vaccines are actually safe when we have around 15 different covid vaccines now available and not a single one is going to have a terrible effect that shows up down the road????...... You trying to convince me that all those vaccines are going to be totally fine?

If only a couple of them end up causing a lot of trouble and we find out that 200 million people have had that vaccine, then the fallout is going to be fricken NUCLEAR.

Carry on being the lab rats, I will sit back and observe you. But I can guarantee you release 15 vaccines totally untrialled and you are looking for trouble. 

Personally I am still at least 30 years away from the high risk group, and so i don't need to be vaccinated from something that has 0.01% of hurting me.

There is a lot more knowledge and understanding now compared to 50 years ago. 

The significant delay in the approval of vaccines is the bureaucracy which has been removed.

I agree with you, you don’t need to be vaccinated. But society needs society to be vaccinated so that those at risk are protected.

If vaccinated you have a reduced chance of transmission to other - its not about you. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Researchers have been working on Coronavirus vaccines since well before the SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic on the back of MERS and SARS-CoV-1.

There has been greatly improved collaboration between scientists, manufactures and distributors – collaboration has taken place at levels never achieved before. 

More money has been pushed at finding Covid-19 vaccines than any other vaccines.

The development and implementation planning phases have been made more efficient and the bureaucratic red tape which adds years sometimes decades for approval has been removed. 

Viral Vector vaccines are old technology and pretty much read go with little ‘additional work’.

MRNA Vaccines have been researched for decades.

Trials (short term) were carried out. Usually it takes years for the enrolment process of these trials, in the case of Covid-19 vaccines, it took weeks.  

As soon as the vaccines passed critical safety and efficacy milestones and received emergency use approval from the federal government, healthcare organizations were able to start providing the vaccine to patients in a matter of daysinstead of years. 

Ultimately, so much as been going on for decades that the pharmaceutical companies were effectively ‘prepared’ and just needed time to 

Of course, if people prefer to pay attention to the critical hysteria of the antivaxxers keying into peoples paranoia and fear there is little point arguing….  

You beat me to it!

These vacines are not new. They have in fact been around (in some form or another) for quite some time and is the main reason they were able to be develpoed quite so quickly. The scientists were NOT starting from zero. If anything, all they did was 'top up' what was already there. It's the equivalent of starting the 100m sprint at the 80m mark.

Secondly, all the bureacracy that normally comes with vacine registration was cut away to get the vacine to market quicker. This is one of the main reasons the vacine did not take years to develop, NOTHING nefarious.

Thirdly, a LOT of money was poured into this. Billions in fact. If you have essentially unlimited funds, you can then pour unlimited resources into the project, making everything so much quicker.

Here is a very good article on it all https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/how-did-we-develop-a-covid-19-vaccine-so-quickly#Other-coronaviruses

Of course this will make absolutely no difference to the selfish ant-vaxxer brigade who cares nothing about the common good and will find a reason/conspiracy in absolutely anything that is said about these vacines. Fine. If you don't want the vacine, then don't have it but don't also expect to be part of normal society. You made your bed, now you can lie in it. By yourself. In your own room.

On 5/20/2021 at 11:22 AM, jerolamo said:

From the day Rooster wrote that he would like jail for people that doesn't want to be vaccinated, i can no more read any Rooster post by ethic choice.

He don't say that. Please reread.

On 5/16/2021 at 11:27 AM, Swiss1960 said:

I don't <deleted> care whether someone gets vaccinated or not... but I will equally not care if their personal freedom and what they think to be their "constitutional right" is massively restricted for the good of the whole because of their decision.

Right back at you! We will equally not care when you begin to suffer the side effects of your decision.

1 minute ago, edogthong said:

Right back at you! We will equally not care when you begin to suffer the side effects of your decision.

the "side effects" of not getting vaccinated (meaning getting the virus) include, but are not limited to:
- loosing taste and not getting it back
- month-long suffering from the virus

- ending in the ECR with a tube down your throat

- die...

I prefer the vaccination side-effects like short-time allergic reaction or headaches...