Bank statements Samui Immigration

Dear All,

I have read that some immigration offices are now asking for 12 months of Bank Statements when doing their retirement extensions.

My Extension (Non-Imm 'O') is due next month.

Has anyone extended recently and if so can you tell me what the situation is at Samui immigration.

I have also read that some banks take a week or more to provide 12 months worth of statements.

I bank with Krung Thai.

TIA

Can we use 12 months of Bank staments on line copies ? And if we can or do ..... do we need a Bank letter stating the 800.000 . surely They will see that ......or is it a money making game ?

Edited by yeahbutif

38 minutes ago, Amusements said:

I did my extension last week (800k method) and needed a 3 month bank statement and bank letter. For each 90 day report they also want to see an updated bank book AND bank letter.

Interesting, how many 800k-method extensions have you had, and is your 800k baht in one fixed deposit?

Not sure if this is of interest, but this will be my 11th extension based on 800K Method!

I know the rules have changed many times and I just use the so called "Savings/Current" account from Krung Thai Bank which "Herbert" set me up with way back!

I have heard many reports of people just sticking 800K in a "Fixed Deposit Account" and then getting a problem and extension refused because of unforeseen "Bank Charges"!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, khunPer said:

Interesting, how many 800k-method extensions have you had, and is your 800k baht in one fixed deposit?

This was my 5th extension using that method. For the 800k, I use a savings account with Krungsri, which is instant access and provides a tiny amount of interest. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Amusements said:

This was my 5th extension using that method. For the 800k, I use a savings account with Krungsri, which is instant access and provides a tiny amount of interest. 

Seems like it's handled different from folks to folks, others have also mentioned that they needed to show proof of fund by first 90-day report.

I've been using a 12-month fixed bank account, for maximum interest, for more than 10 years (you can always withdraw the funds with loss of interest for last term only). I've never had a problem, and have not been asked to show proof of funds other than at the annual application for extension; or perhaps it's because I use a fixed account they expect me to to leave the funds there...????

23 hours ago, Amusements said:

For each 90 day report they also want to see an updated bank book AND bank letter.

I didin't know it and didn't need this when I went there for my last 90-day report so far, on 5th April 2021. I have yearly extensions of an Non-O visa with 800k THB in a bank account. I only went there in person because online reporting didn't work again yet,  it did work for the previous 90-day reports of 2020 and 2021 where nothing from the bank was/is required from me neither, as far as I remember there is no option to upload them online anyway.

On 23th April 2021 I went for my next 1-year extension, exactly as described by khunPer further up and exatly like in the previous few years. 

Finally, this was my last visa "business" at Koh Samui Immigration, Koh Phangan Immigration is planned to open the day after tomorrow, confirmed by a Facebook post today - fingers crossed. We'll see what the requirements will be there...

https://www.facebook.com/Suratimmigration/posts/2911250762468873

• Like 2

I did extension in January. 800,000 method. Took three months bank statements with me and bank book which I had renewed several months earlier.

They insisted on seeing the old book and also wanted one year bank statement. K-Bank did mine on the morning of application while I waited, so I went straight back and got another for 12 months. So ended up paying double.

I had never been asked to show any statements after previous year's renewal. Never on any 90 day reports.

I think they wanted to verify that I had kept funds in the bank to comply with the recent regs of three months after extension and three months before new one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

I did extension in January. 800,000 method. Took three months bank statements with me and bank book which I had renewed several months earlier.

They insisted on seeing the old book and also wanted one year bank statement. K-Bank did mine on the morning of application while I waited, so I went straight back and got another for 12 months. So ended up paying double.

I had never been asked to show any statements after previous year's renewal. Never on any 90 day reports.

I think they wanted to verify that I had kept funds in the bank to comply with the recent regs of three months after extension and three months before new one.

The 12-month fixed 800k baht bankbook might be the easy solution, if one can afford, as three months statement, bank letter, and photocopies of all pages in bankbook shows that the balance has never dropped below 800k baht; that's how it works for me (so far for many years)...????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mario666 said:

Khun Per,

All I know is that is that before when "Mr. Nok" or whatever he was called was running the show in Nathon (before he went to Jail) that he changed the rules almost daily and would "Fix" things for you for a few thousand Thb.

Once I went to do my retirement extension there, but my GF had inadvertently washed my Passport which I had left in my shorts (My Fault)!

"Mr. Nok" or "Mr. Angry" as I called him, made me wait in silence in that back office where he used to sit behind mountains of A4 paper copies and then said "Cannot, Cannot"....Passport VET!".....(Wet!).

I was made to wait and see him every time without any explanation!....I guess he just wanted a few thousand more?

Luckily Herbert Dempster (Best Visa Agent on Samui) was there and I told him the story!

hdvisa-logo-sm.png

Herbert said he would fix it for me!

It cost me 11,000 Thb for retirement extension, but without Herbert it was "No Go" and I would have to leave the country and start over from scratch!

Now it seems the "Plump Lady" is more or less in charge (certainly at the customer interface) and she always seems to be in a Very Bad Mood! 

Whenever I go to Samui IMO it's like "Walking on Eggshells".....

God I hate it!

Wow, I didn't know that Samui had a visa-agent, the question about one has been up before, someone asked, but nobody could mention any...????

Seems like we all have different experiences with Samui Immigration. Khun Nok was always kind and helpful when I came in the old office in Nathon, even on days when the girls in the front office said: "Not good today, better come back tomorrow", and I just walked into his office, sawadeed and smiled, and he did my extension within a few minutes, stamped my pasport (the only thing that really matters for me is the right rubber stamp there), kept the 2,000 baht (I never ask for a receipt, nor for a 100 baht change) and showed me out the backdoor. Sometimes he would follow me out for a smoke, and have a short small talk on the bench outside the office...????

The (plump) lady in charge of long stay extensions in the new immigration office is very strict, like German "ordnung muss sein", and double-check the documents a couple of times. However, when one knows how she, or the immigration office, wants the paperwork done – i.e. all photocopies portrait and signed, papers exactly in the order as the document list, and no staples in anything – she often smile and say: "I like you, you are so organized", and hand me my number for collecting my passport some days later; I always pay with two 1,000 baht notes, and I never ask for a receipt, nor for the 100 baht change...????

So far I have only good experiences with Samui Immigration from my 14 annual extensions, if the 100 baht service fee makes the change, I'm happy to pay it...????

• Like 2

5 hours ago, khunPer said:

Wow, I didn't know that Samui had a visa-agent, the question about one has been up before, someone asked, but nobody could mention any...????

Seems like we all have different experiences with Samui Immigration. Khun Nok was always kind and helpful when I came in the old office in Nathon, even on days when the girls in the front office said: "Not good today, better come back tomorrow", and I just walked into his office, sawadeed and smiled, and he did my extension within a few minutes, stamped my pasport (the only thing that really matters for me is the right rubber stamp there), kept the 2,000 baht (I never ask for a receipt, nor for a 100 baht change) and showed me out the backdoor. Sometimes he would follow me out for a smoke, and have a short small talk on the bench outside the office...????

The (plump) lady in charge of long stay extensions in the new immigration office is very strict, like German "ordnung muss sein", and double-check the documents a couple of times. However, when one knows how she, or the immigration office, wants the paperwork done – i.e. all photocopies portrait and signed, papers exactly in the order as the document list, and no staples in anything – she often smile and say: "I like you, you are so organized", and hand me my number for collecting my passport some days later; I always pay with two 1,000 baht notes, and I never ask for a receipt, nor for the 100 baht change...????

So far I have only good experiences with Samui Immigration from my 14 annual extensions, if the 100 baht service fee makes the change, I'm happy to pay it...????

She obviously has "The Hots" for you Mate!

Get in there! .....If you can find it?

Roll her in Flour and then look for the "Wet Spot"!

And if you do...... Strap a plank to your a*se before you Dive in!

Laughing.jpg

Edited by Mario666
  • Haha 1

On 5/16/2021 at 1:25 PM, yeahbutif said:

Can we use 12 months of Bank staments on line copies ? And if we can or do ..... do we need a Bank letter stating the 800.000 . surely They will see that ......or is it a money making game ?

obviously the OP is referring to the monthly income method

if he had posted more clearly, the confusion would not have happened

12 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

obviously the OP is referring to the monthly income method

if he had posted more clearly, the confusion would not have happened

No, OP use the 800k baht method...

I have been on the 800.000k method and extension of stay as well as 90 days Report (online) has been no problem. However, next time (September) I want to change to the monthly 65k method and I have started getting my monthly transfers from abroad last month. Question: Could I now start taking out the funds from the 800k account and show the IO banks statements for the first 6 months @800k followed by 6 months @65k?

31 minutes ago, Taccos said:

I have been on the 800.000k method and extension of stay as well as 90 days Report (online) has been no problem. However, next time (September) I want to change to the monthly 65k method and I have started getting my monthly transfers from abroad last month. Question: Could I now start taking out the funds from the 800k account and show the IO banks statements for the first 6 months @800k followed by 6 months @65k?

Normally you can. But it all depends on immigration office.

I think perhaps, due to people's experience, 12 months statements should be requested from the bank no more than 48 hours prior to going to the IO, no matter which financial method is being used, 800k or 65k per month. 

Boy scouts, be prepared, they may not ask, but if they do, you have it for them already.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

I think perhaps, due to people's experience, 12 months statements should be requested from the bank no more than 48 hours prior to going to the IO, no matter which financial method is being used, 800k or 65k per month. 

Boy scouts, be prepared, they may not ask, but if they do, you have it for them already.

Never hurts to have "Belt and Braces"....

I  will get the 12 months statements just in case!

On 5/16/2021 at 2:10 PM, khunPer said:

Bank statements are depending if you are using the 65k baht monthly transfer method, or the 800k baht deposit method.

If your are renewing an annual extension of stay based on monthly transfers of not less than 65k baht coming from abroad, you need to show 12 months statements from the bank together with a confirmation letter. Some banks can only print a shorter period, like 6 months back in Bangkok Bank, and they need to request a 12 months statement from their main office, which can take some time to get.

If your are renewing an annual extension based on an 800k baht deposit in a Thai bank you need 3 months statement from the bank together with a letter confirming your balance.

In both methods the immigration office require photocopies (portrait only, and remember to sign them) of all pages in the bankbook(s) in question. Please remember that your balance with deposit method cannot be less than 400k baht, and must be 800k baht 3 month after permission is granted, and again 2 month before application for a new extension.

All bank statements must be official statements from the bank.

The documents required to extending a stay based on retirements is here...

2019_Retirement-extension.jpg.b3179a9d231909c7f063a9a12e60b018.jpg

You can read more about extension of stay in the pinned thread...

Not necessarily true at the Rayong Immigration Office they require twelve month statements for both methods

21 minutes ago, flexomike said:

Not necessarily true at the Rayong Immigration Office they require twelve month statements for both methods

This thread is about Samui Immigration Office in a local forum, so what Rayong Immigration does, is their business, not really of interest for us using the strict Samui Immigration office...????

PS: I've been doing the same mistake, replying in a local forum...????

Edited by khunPer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Taccos said:

I will advise you to check directly with Samui Immigration, as your present extension has been granted based on 800k baht deposit method.

Perhaps Thaivisa's expert @ubonjoehas an answer about changing retirement extension method mid-term.

On 5/17/2021 at 7:00 PM, Amusements said:

I did my extension last week (800k method) and needed a 3 month bank statement and bank letter. For each 90 day report they also want to see an updated bank book AND bank letter.

So I guess you can't do 90 day online then?

35 minutes ago, rwill said:

So I guess you can't do 90 day online then?

Was this at Samui immigration?

Do you use a fixed deposit account or just a normal savings/current account?

On 5/18/2021 at 2:40 AM, Mario666 said:

have heard many reports of people just sticking 800K in a "Fixed Deposit Account" and then getting a problem and extension refused because of unforeseen "Bank Charges"

I got a problem with Khun Nok around 2010, he refused to accept a Fixed Deposits Account because the money, if I needed them, were not available instantly. Available next day was not good enough for him but

he offered to solve the problem in return for a 20,000 baht donation which I rejected.

Fortunately he was kicked out of immigration at around the same time they moved to the current office.

I've never been asked to bring the bankbook when doing the 90-day report.