Pay back time.

up2you2

So there's my lady giving the toilet and shower room a complete wash down, the amount of dust that was created drilling up the floor tiles was considerable to say the least.
Suddenly just like the cartoons, a water faucet was blown off the wall, and with it full mains water pressure.

Images of what happened, you may have to magnify them out to refer to the specific details.
1. 012.jpg faucet with black entrance fitting ring removed
2.  013.jpg black entrance fitting ring in situ
3. 008.jpg broken black fitting ring, still in the blue mains water source
4. 077.jpg alternative coupling, this time attached to the outside of the blue main water pipe

The remanence of broken black fitting ring, inside of the blue pipe, had been installed with super glue, try to remove it took over an hour, involving many people, had to be finally chipped out.
The second brass fitting ring, this one being inserted on the outside of the pipe, makes me wonder just how many alternatives, just how many variations do Thais use, to make a join between a faucet and a blue pipe?
Throw in the massive use of white tapering tape, makes you wonder if the country is held together by a piece of string.

012.jpg

013.jpg

008.jpg

077.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Plastic plumbing must be one of the worst inventions. A house I previously owned (not in Thailand) was plumbed throughout using black plastic (garden grade apparently). GF kept on paying enormous water bills when I wasn't there. New build in Thailand did have blue plastic pipes. After only six months habitation received one monthly water bill for 3,000+ baht. Called in plumber. Scratched his head, muttered 'slab leak' and vanished. Finally convinced another plumber to take a look. He advised 'either I hack up the floors or install new pipes'. Now have traditional Thai plumbing with pipes laid on the surface both inside and out. Has obvious benefits in case of future leaks. However, stepdaughter now complains she gets scalded in her shower! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

However, stepdaughter now complains she gets scalded in her shower! 

Same problem in Phuket. I have 130 meters of blue pipe from the water meter to my house. The pipe is in a storm drain which is now dry and so the pipe is exposed to the sun. Plus, the owner replaced the pipe recently when I suffered from a lot of rust in the water. So my 130m of pipe is now on top of all the other pipes and there is no chance of a cold shower from 11am to 5pm without letting the water run for 10 minutes.

The hottest I've measured the temperature is 106 Fahrenheit. Without the heater on, of course.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Same problem in Phuket. I have 130 meters of blue pipe from the water meter to my house. The pipe is in a storm drain which is now dry and so the pipe is exposed to the sun. Plus, the owner replaced the pipe recently when I suffered from a lot of rust in the water. So my 130m of pipe is now on top of all the other pipes and there is no chance of a cold shower from 11am to 5pm without letting the water run for 10 minutes.

The hottest I've measured the temperature is 106 Fahrenheit. Without the heater on, of course.

That's certainly some temperature! 41 Celsius for nothing would be great providing you had cooler water to mix with it. Insulating (lagging) and/or painting your pipe white may help a little. Re-routing to bury the pipe at your own expense may or may not be possible but it's a thought?

11 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

When life gives me lemons I make lemonade ????

I use that insane hot water to fill a bucket as I bleed it for cool water and soak my clothes instead of the normal temp laundry water..

by the time ive added a little soaking soap and add clothes to treat my clothes,  the water has cooled and Im good to go!   huzzah!

• Thanks 1