Flying from BKK to Samui

Not sure.

Up until last week I would have said yes. But there was a big outcry last week over a Thai TV star, model who toured Phuket, Koh Phangan and Samui, all the while posting photos on Instagram of her trips, who subsequently checked positive for Covid.

All about how she could travel everywhere without quarantine when others are restricted movement.

So you might be OK, or might not.

Google Ploy Cherman

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jajazazajaja said:

Hi all, I can’t find a definitive answer. 
can we fly from Bangkok to Samui without quarantine and COVID test?

Ask Bangkok Airways, they are going to fly you, so they will know.

Safety has recently been updated in Surat Thani, which also is a red province, so difficult to know exactly what they demand where (air and ferry), and when (yesterday and today). A few days ago you are supposed to be in 14-days self quarantine after arrival, but others arriving reported that they more og less just passed through.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

This is the telling bit.

All of the people that I have spoken to in the last week that have travelled to Samui have had the PCR test but not all have had to show the results.

660204751_BAlatest.jpeg.8ac02d7f980d1ae3fd4a2029c53aa91d.jpeg

Thanks, I think that’s my next step,

• Like 1

The last time I travelled down, I was told "test on arrival if from Bangkok". We arrived, they asked my GF where she's from. She replied, Don Mueng (as per her Thai ID) and then they just waved us through. 

I live in Sukhumvit. My morchana app says "very low risk". 

I do wonder what constitutes a "document of travel necessity"? How about "living in bkk is like living on lepper island at the moment, and I need to the hell out of here before I suffocate, so I wanna come down and rent a pool villa and self isolate there instead of being couped up in a city centre condo". Is that necessity? Kidding of course, but what really is enough?

I'll call the district office tomorrow. You need a Thai person to call (or speak very good Thai) but for my last few trips, they were very helpful and factual.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 11:50 PM, corkman said:

The last time I travelled down, I was told "test on arrival if from Bangkok". We arrived, they asked my GF where she's from. She replied, Don Mueng (as per her Thai ID) and then they just waved us through. 

I do wonder what constitutes a "document of travel necessity"? How about "living in bkk is like living on lepper island at the moment, and I need to the hell out of here before I suffocate, so I wanna come down and rent a pool villa and self isolate there instead of being couped up in a city centre condo". Is that necessity? Kidding of course, but what really is enough?

I'll call the district office tomorrow. You need a Thai person to call (or speak very good Thai) but for my last few trips, they were very helpful and factual.

I will have quarantined 14 days in Bangkok and have had 3 negative PCR tests. Do I still need another PCR test within 72 hours of travelling down to Samui?

On 5/22/2021 at 11:50 PM, corkman said:

What did the district office tell you mate? And how long ago did you last travel down?

On 5/17/2021 at 3:41 PM, Tropicalevo said:

This is the telling bit.

All of the people that I have spoken to in the last week that have travelled to Samui have had the PCR test but not all have had to show the results.

Hi Tropical Evo. Were those people you spoke to asked to show certificate of necessity?

Edited by RickG16

16 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Hi Tropical Evo. Were those people you spoke to asked to show certificate of necessity?

No one has yet but it could change tomorrow.

I suggest that you check with Bangkok Airways closer to your 'fly by' date.

2 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

No one has yet but it could change tomorrow.

I suggest that you check with Bangkok Airways closer to your 'fly by' date.

I will have my PCR test result within 72 hours, and my current ASQ hotel  in Bangkok says that they will give me a certificate to say that I have done 14 days quarantine, and that I won't need document of necessity to travel.....

Even so. I'm nervous, as I will have done 4 days out of quarantine in Bangkok before I fly....

36 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Even so. I'm nervous, as I will have done 4 days out of quarantine in Bangkok before I fly....

Leave Bangkok as soon as you finish quarantine.

You don't know how the current situation will evolve in the coming days. Most entertainment venues, bars etc are currently closed in BKK and restaurants only allowed 25% capacity. Its the last place you want to spend any time atm if you are concerned about changing circumstances.

I would be leaving the hotel and getting a cab straight out of Dodge. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

Leave Bangkok as soon as you finish quarantine.

You don't know how the current situation will evolve in the coming days. Most entertainment venues, bars etc are currently closed in BKK and restaurants only allowed 25% capacity. Its the last place you want to spend any time atm if you are concerned about changing circumstances.

I would be leaving the hotel and getting a cab straight out of Dodge. 

My flight is booked for Sunday, and have airbnb booked until then. I will definately not be out and about while I am in the city though. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 3:41 PM, Tropicalevo said:

This is the telling bit.

Guests flying to Samui today just had to show a recent negative PCR test  - at check in.

They were not asked for a 'necessity to travel' document.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Friends just flew back to Samui after being in Bangkok.

Again, just scan the QR code and check temperatures.

No documents or PCR test results asked for.

Same happened to me one week ago, from Bangkok back to Samui. I had no PCR test, so i was expecting home quarantine.

But nope, nothing. Waived through, after just filling their form on arrival . . .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2021 at 9:19 AM, goagoa said:

My experience from arriving on Samui from Bangkok one week ago by plane (Bangkok Airways): Officially you seem to need 1) A statement of necessity to travel to Samui signed by the authorities of the province you are coming from and 2) Either a PCR test not older than 72 hours or you have to self-quarantine for 14 days. Actually, instead  of 1) everybody was asked to fill in a form upon arrival explaining himself why he or she felt like needing to travel to Samui. When I explained that I had a PCR test one day ago nobody was interested in that form anymore and I just could proceed. The same was valid for another guy who just finished ASQ less than 2 days ago without another PCR test. As said, this was one week ago, no guarantee it's still the same.

So if your reason is tourism can you put this on form?

23 hours ago, starfish said:

Same happened to me one week ago, from Bangkok back to Samui. I had no PCR test, so i was expecting home quarantine.

But nope, nothing. Waived through, after just filling their form on arrival . . .

What did you put as reason to travel on the form?

Cheers

2 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Any restrictions traveling to Koh Tao?

According to the local announcements, when you are "allowed in" to one of the islands and free from restrictions, like home quarantine, you can commute to the other islands.

However, when entering  directly by ferry from the mainland you might still need quarantine, depending of which zone you arrive from, check details with the the transporter, i.e. boat of ferry line.

Edited by khunPer

16 minutes ago, khunPer said:

According to the local announcements, when you are "allowed in" to one of the islands and free from restrictions, like home quarantine, you can commute to the other islands.

However, when entering  directly by ferry from the mainland you might still need quarantine, depending of which zone you arrive from, check details with the the transporter, i.e. boat of ferry line.

I did contact the night ferry company and they basically said, up to u.

The ferry arrives at 5 am so unlikely any officials are at the pier checking anything.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Hi KhunPer, does Samui have Grab car app these days?

I got this yesterday.

There is a Samui Health Pass app you can download to your phone. Once you register, when you arrive at the airport or ferry, you scan the QR code there. 

http://www.samuiairport.com/index.php?route=content/content&path=5&content_id=248

You can also call 1672 from your mobile to get information on this. I am planning to head down after next week from Khon Kaen. I was told no quarantine, but need to be able to scan the QR code.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rick Bechard said:

I got this yesterday.

There is a Samui Health Pass app you can download to your phone. Once you register, when you arrive at the airport or ferry, you scan the QR code there. 

http://www.samuiairport.com/index.php?route=content/content&path=5&content_id=248

You can also call 1672 from your mobile to get information on this. I am planning to head down after next week from Khon Kaen. I was told no quarantine, but need to be able to scan the QR code.

I already have the Thaichana app, I think this does the same thing.