Cold Turkey And Atkins = Pain

quiksilva

2 1/2 weeks so far, have gone cold turkey and on the Atkins diet at the same time.

It's been unbearable, so the diet has gone out the window but I am still off the ciggies and dont plan on going back.

I'll sort out the diet issue once these ###### cravings cool down.... grrr...

2 1/2 weeks so far, have gone cold turkey and on the Atkins diet at the same time.

It's been unbearable, so the diet has gone out the window but I am still off the ciggies and dont plan on going back.

I'll sort out the diet issue once these ###### cravings cool down.... grrr...

keep at it mate, dont give up, if I can kick the habit anyone can, I havn't had one for 20 years, hang in there :o

• 4 weeks later...

So I have still managed to keep off the fags, I have not cheated even once and have even been to the pub and managed to get through a night without smoking, and I have friends who smoke.

The pain has subsided, but I still get the occasional twang. The diet slipped big time, so that'll be the next step to a healthier life.

I want to be a trim non-smoker before I plan a family next year.

Edited by quiksilva

That's great!!!! But keep away from the Atkins diet it is not safe or healthy just eat sensible portions of healthy food 3 squares and fruit or veggies for snacks and you should be able to slowly drop weight. There is no wounder diet for weight loss just a good diet and exercise.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I have decided to keep my diet as is (fairly healthy and balanced with quite small portions) but am taking up golf and yoga. Ok Golf doesn't count much here in LOS but Hot Yoga with the Mrs should help I reckon :o