Better Than Lipton Tea

Bob4u

6 hours ago, Saltire said:

No problem

2120910687_Screenshot2021-05-18at08_26_33.png.57910457f82c4b5da90b65bb09d325f2.png

Thanks for that, I bring my own Yorkshire Tea bags with me but I'm surprised at the price for the 80 bag size pack. 199 baht is not crazy when you consider they have to import them and make a profit.  In the UK that size varies between £2 and £2.99 (88 and 132 baht) depending on the supermarket.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Thanks for that, I bring my own Yorkshire Tea bags with me but I'm surprised at the price for the 80 bag size pack. 199 baht is not crazy when you consider they have to import them and make a profit.  In the UK that size varies between £2 and £2.99 (88 and 132 baht) depending on the supermarket.

I signed up to try and buy some, but they won't tell me the postage until after I order, which was a no go for me. I'm thinking the postage is likely more than the product.

Edited by BritManToo

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I signed up to try and buy some, but they won't tell me the postage until after I order, which was a no go for me. I'm thinking the postage is likely more than the product.

buy a year+ worth then it will be worthwhile. So much better than those available at Big C etc. i bought about 8 boxes of 100

Edited by scubascuba3

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Ordered the Yorkshire stuff from lazada, trying to drink more tea instead of other drinks. So i thought who knows tea better then the Brits. Of course ill take my vengeance on this forum if it tastes bad ????

For two boxes the total came to 458bt inclusive shipping. So not more then the product. So far i like Twinnings peach, lipton yellow, all kinds of green tea's. So lets see how this tastes. Was not impressed by Twinnings Earl Grey. 

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

What I don’t understand is the bottom right ,Typhooone cup special blend for 85 baht !!, that retails for £2.19 ( 98 baht ) in the U.K. , the price is on the box !! , wonder how much is delivery ??

Edited by Andrew Dwyer

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Plus, minimum order of 1000 baht ( if i read that right ).

Anyone know of rough delivery prices for Siambury’s ??

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

What I don’t understand is the bottom right ,Typhooone cup special blend for 85 baht !!, that retails for £2.19 ( 98 baht ) in the U.K. , the price is on the box !! , wonder how much is delivery ??

Buy it from Lazada, delivery is 27bht no matter how many you buy.

PS. The 'one cup' isn't a great deal as the bags only have 2gm of tea, while normal tea bags contain 3gm

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, champers said:

Can you see the "best before" date? Sometimes bargains are not always what they seem in Thailand.

I'm on my last box of these just now and the Best Before date is April 2023.  The two blue boxes bought since then are both October 2023.

14 minutes ago, champers said:

Can you see the "best before" date? Sometimes bargains are not always what they seem in Thailand.

you are correct, these expat shops do seem to have things past best before date, Baked beans for example, I don't understand it, they are buying going out of date stock just to make extra profit. Just buy in date stuff

Edited by scubascuba3

On 5/17/2021 at 3:46 PM, rwill said:

Plus they are dropping the Tesco from their name.  Just Lotus's now.

Just like it used to be before Tesco's bought them out.

Hope they maintain standards though.

I used to live in Ban Chang and had to come through to Patttaya at weekends to get supplies at the Tesco here 'cos the Ban Chang Tesco was useless.

Considering the number of Farang that live down that way it should be better.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

On 5/17/2021 at 5:29 PM, Gandtee said:

Obviously you haven't seen Maggie Smith in 'The Marigold Hotel' teaching the waiter how to make a cup of tea. Ironically in India.

Worst tea I had was in India.

They 'brew' it in a small metal pot with condensed milk and a load of sugar.

Disgusting stuff.

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

When i ordered from them i did not have to confirm and pay until they told me how much delivery was.

On 5/17/2021 at 2:05 PM, Hotrats said:

Since Tesco Lotus have stopped selling their own brand teas, I have been buying all my tea from Marks & Spencer. They have an extensive choice with a range of prices; all very good quality. Most Central Department stores have a branch of Marks & Spencer.

Agreed Extra strong teabags Marks and Spencer Central in Pattaya 2nd Floor!

• Like 1

This is what i buy now, from Makro. No 1 tea from Thailand. Not exactly wonderful, but fairly strong.

https://www.makroclick.com/en/products/155655?menuId=2487

Or this

https://www.makroclick.com/en/products/155761?menuId=2487

Used to drink Tesco finest Earl Grey, sadly no longer available now it is just Lotus.

Now this is my kind of thread  TEA!!

Never drink coffee..was raised on tea as a kid and drink in 24-7-365

I make space in my carry on bag as thats all I bring to LOS and pack tea into ziplock bags

I had some dragon pearl high end loose tea  and china customs shook me down saying it was weed!

China airports ar good that they have hot water machines so can make a nice cuppa! ????

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

This is what i buy now, from Makro. No 1 tea from Thailand. Not exactly wonderful, but fairly strong.

https://www.makroclick.com/en/products/155655?menuId=2487

Or this

https://www.makroclick.com/en/products/155761?menuId=2487

Used to drink Tesco finest Earl Grey, sadly no longer available now it is just Lotus.

Isn't that just Thai tea though? different to most of those mentioned

On 5/18/2021 at 10:54 AM, possum1931 said:

I only know of three branches of Marks and Spencer. One in Pattaya and two in Bangkok, so where else?

I buy my tea (and marmalade by the way) from the Marks & Spencer branch in Central on Chaeng Wattana Road. But I do know they have branches in the Central department stores in central Bangkok.

• Like 1

Just got my delivery from 'Food Variety' on Lazada (402bht COD).

Ordered on 16th, delivered on the 19th (postage 27bht).

Typhoo tea best by date Oct 2023, Hp Sauce Nov 2022.

Drinking my first cup now, stronger than Heladiv English Breakfast Tea, about the same as 'Tesco Original'.

I'm very happy with the taste, price and delivery speed.

IMG_20210519_154925.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BigStar said:

Artificial coloring. Note that a tea "mix" and so contains sugar as one might expect.

It contains 94% Assam tea, 5% sugar, vanilla flavouring and a bit of colouring. Not that bad, about the same as Tesco red label, and still better than Liptons! Yes not what i would choose in the UK, but options other than ordering on-line are limited in Udon. Usually i bring back PG tips or equivalent from my annual trip to UK - which hasn't happened for 2 years.

Edited by rickudon
add more

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

It contains 94% Assam tea, 5% sugar, vanilla flavouring and a bit of colouring. Not that bad, about the same as Tesco red label, and still better than Liptons! Yes not what i would choose in the UK, but options other than ordering on-line are limited in Udon. Usually i bring back PG tips or equivalent from my annual trip to UK - which hasn't happened for 2 years.

Bad, and I'd take Lipton's. That's why you can order several years' supply of PG tips or equivalent if you want to, from Udon. If BritManToo can rub along with TyPhoo, I suspect you could as well.

Edited by BigStar

Today the Yorkshire tea that people said was good arrived. It taste quite nice can get a lot out of 1 bag. Got a big cup that hold over half a liter of water 1 bag is enough to give a strong taste.

Definitely worth it and yes better then lipton.

• Like 1