Tourist Visa - Thai Embassy London, UK - Documentation: Bank Statement - Amount Required?

Hi all - one of the docs required for the Tourist Visa application is my UK Bank account statement. It doesn't specify how much is required to be held in the account for this to be processed successfully. Does anyone know the amount required?

I don't hold funds in my low interest (almost zero %) every day account. All funds are happily invested, I'm looking to transfer the minimum required. Will £2500/3000 be sufficient?

I'm aware of the 800k THB requirement once I move to the Retirement visa options. This is just for the initial Tourist Visa 60 day & 30 Day extension.

Thanks in advance.

CB

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The financial requirement for a tourist visa application is the equivalent of 20,000 baht.

Having 1000 pounds in the account would be more than enough.

Great Ubonjoe - thank you for clarifying. Much appreciated.

32 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

SEEMS like you are horribly confused between all kinds of visas, and hard to blame

you.

U.K. passport does mot need the STV. you can get into thailand on the visa waiver 45 days. than extend it to another 30 days or even one year on the non-O retirement visa.

Seems clear to me, perhaps your confused.

He talking about the standard Tourist Visa, not the Special Tourist Visa.

You cannot switch to the Non O for retirement from an STV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Seems clear to me, perhaps your confused.

He talking about the standard Tourist Visa, not the Special Tourist Visa.

You cannot switch to the Non O for retirement from an STV.

You beat me to it... I was just looking at the London Embassy site.....

OP did not indicate when he hoped to travel, so I am assuming fairly soon, in which case:

Requirements for foreigners travelling to Thailand during COVID-19 travel restriction (until 30 September 2021) - Royal Thai Embassy, London

Note

STV cannot be extended after 30 September 2021. Please DO NOT apply for STV after 30 June 2021 and applicants must arrive in Thailand before 3 July 2021 if they wish to extend their stay after 90 days. Application to extend their stay in Thailand must be submitted before 30 September 2021.

and Special Tourist Visa (STV) will not be extended after 30 September 2021. - Royal Thai Embassy, London

But if the OP is hoping to use a SETV, ("Standard" Single Entry Tourist Visa) the London site isn't any help - clicking on the Tourist Visa link on this page Types of Visas - Royal Thai Embassy, London takes you to a completely unrelated page.

Is the SETV actually available at this time?  

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, VBF said:

Is the SETV actually available at this time?  

Yes, the SETV has always been available.

The METV was suspended due to closed borders and the STV was a temporary replacement.

Just now, Tanoshi said:

Yes, the SETV has always been available.

The METV was suspended due to closed borders and the STV was a temporary replacement.

Thank you but the London Embassy site is of absolutely no help there!   Look at the links I posted above and you'll see what I mean.

7 minutes ago, VBF said:

Thank you but the London Embassy site is of absolutely no help there!   Look at the links I posted above and you'll see what I mean.

The SETV and requirements are listed on the requirements for foreigners page.

Almost half way down the page.

Requirements for foreigners travelling to Thailand during COVID-19 travel restriction (until 30 September 2021) - Royal Thai Embassy, London

Required documents : 

Tourist visa (single entry) : for stay up to 60 days with possible one-time extension of 30 days)

1. Your passport copy 
  2. Travel booking confirmation
  3. Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel booking, invitation letter from family or friend in Thailand (All tourists are subject to 15-day quarantined at ASQ hotels at their own expenses.)
  4. UK/Irish bank statements with sufficient fund to cover your trip to Thailand
  5. Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland (if applicants are not nationals of these countries) e.g. long stay visa, residence permit, BRP card
  6. Copy of health insurance policy which covers COVID-19 related medical expenses in Thailand no less than 100,000 USD for the whole period of your stay in Thailand

For convenience, applicants for tourist visa can also apply for visa at the Royal Thai Consulates.

Edited by Tanoshi

18 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Required documents : 

Tourist visa (single entry) : for stay up to 60 days with possible one-time extension of 30 days)

1. Your passport copy 
  3. Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel booking, invitation letter from family or friend in Thailand (All tourists are subject to 15-day quarantined at ASQ hotels at their own expenses.)
  5. Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland (if applicants are not nationals of these countries) e.g. long stay visa, residence permit, BRP card
  6. Copy of health insurance policy which covers COVID-19 related medical expenses in Thailand no less than 100,000 USD for the whole period of your stay in Thailand

For convenience, applicants for tourist visa can also apply for visa at the Royal Thai Consulates.

In the link I posted too - D'Oh!!!  No excuse but I skipped past it when  I read "For tourism purposes (more than 45 days)"

I should read more carefully, shouldn't I? ???? Thanks @Tanoshi  ????

22 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Required documents : 

1. Your passport copy 

The Tourist visa (single entry) is what I was referring to. See Point 4 re UK bank statements above and reference to 'sufficient funds'. I wanted to put an actual £ amount to this & Ubonjoe has kindly confirmed.

I made no reference to STV as highlighted by some posters. I'm aware of the Visa Exempt option but the Tourist Visa gives me some extra days. Switching immediately to Non Imm O / Retirement visa etc isn't an option - not quite reached 50 yet.

Thanks for everyones input - on topic and otherwise!

23 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

SEEMS like you are horribly confused between all kinds of visas, and hard to blame

you.

U.K. passport does mot need the STV. you can get into thailand on the visa waiver 45 days. than extend it to another 30 days or even one year on the non-O retirement visa.

Sounds like you are the one horribly confused. He asked about the single entry Tourist Visa