Skin Tags.

Tanoshi

3 hours ago, Why Me said:

Best invention since sliced bread:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/remover-molemicro-bandmole-face-care-blue-i1825494484-s5490240733.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.31.300856fdMgMDaS&search=1&freeshipping=1

The band chokes of blood supply and the tag drops off in a couple of days. Here's a YouTube video of how it works:

Brilliant...I had a doctor cut one off once...he had to rummage thru his cabinet looking for silver nintrate to cauterize it to stop the bleeding......never go to a GP for a dermatology issue

Anyone any experience with these laser pens - any good?

I had a couple removed in the UK some years ago.

The GP had this small tool that burnt the tag off while cauterizing at the same time to prevent bleeding.

Brilliant, removed in seconds, but I've never come across this tool for sale.

If it is easy to reach, tie dental floss around it tightly. Will cut off the blood supply and gradually it will fall off.

If you can't easily reach it to do that, a doctor can easily zap it with liquid nitrogen.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Can anyone recommend a good product for the removal of skin tags.

I have a couple rather annoyingly catching on my neck chain.

CM Ram dermatology clinic, it's about 3,000bht to burn off up to half a dozen lumps and bumps.

They do a good job, and usually no waiting.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

If it is easy to reach, tie dental floss around it tightly. Will cut off the blood supply and gradually it will fall off.

A couple are to small to get anything around, but annoyingly catch on my neck chain.

14 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

If you can't easily reach it to do that, a doctor can easily zap it with liquid nitrogen.

Hospitals aren't currently offering a service for this and the only clinic I could find is actually a beauty clinic. They want 10,000 to remove half a dozen small skin tags and suggest it's a days work to justify the price. Perhaps this is why they appear to have no customers.

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

A couple are to small to get anything around, but annoyingly catch on my neck chain.

Hospitals aren't currently offering a service for this and the only clinic I could find is actually a beauty clinic. They want 10,000 to remove half a dozen small skin tags and suggest it's a days work to justify the price. Perhaps this is why they appear to have no customers.

Are you in Bangkok? If so MedConsult Asia will zap up to 8 of them for about  1500 baht.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

CM Ram dermatology clinic, it's about 3,000bht to burn off up to half a dozen lumps and bumps.

They do a good job, and usually no waiting.

That's the sort of place I'm ideally looking for - only not in CM.

The problem is so far some of the clinics have suspended certain services due to Covid.

Maybe I'm just viewed as one of those 'dirty' farangs.

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

Are you in Bangkok? If so MedConsult Asia will zap up to 8 of them for about  1500 baht.

Roi Et Province.

When you say 'zap' - what with?

Is there anything I can purchase to 'zap' em off.

6 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

In CM it took about 30 minutes.

The doctor got out a book in English and pointed to a picture with explanation of each lump he was to remove.

Then I walked to the operating table, climbed on and lay face down, where the nurse injected around each lump.

Then it was cut and zap with a smell of burnt flesh.

The only painful bit was the injections, which quite surprised me. 

All day ........ not a chance.

What was the Zap?

Not sure, but it looked, sounded and smelled something like a spot welder.

Edited by BritManToo

Don't know about "zapping" skin tags et cetera, but I do know that this solution works, when applied over a few days, and the skin tag or whatever, just falls off.

It is called "Verrumal" and is inexpensive and available on Lazada or in local pharmacies.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I know!

They had a large front glass window, but I'd ensured I'd washed the 'mug' from my forehead beforehand. I think it was the classic 'business is bad, so let's inflate the prices'.

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

In CM it took about 30 minutes.

The doctor got out a book in English and pointed to a picture with explanation of each lump he was to remove.

Then I walked to the operating table, climbed on and lay face down, where the nurse injected around each lump.

Then it was cut and zap with a smell of burnt flesh.

The only painful bit was the injections, which quite surprised me. 

What was the Zap?

Not sure, but it looked, sounded and smelled something like a spot welder.

That sounds like laser removal - often a choice of cream or shot to numb - just be sure it is done before the numbness is gone - had several dozen small warts removed from back years ago and doctor decided to take a break - second half was really painful as the cream does not numb very long.   Both my closest hospitals do not offer the basic liquid nitrogen method.  Have also had bleeding issues after laser removals - no such issues with nitrogen.  

• Thanks 1

Cut them off with a good set of nail clippers or a sharp pair of small scissors. Okay they may bleed a little, if at all, but that's it. Give it 3-4 days and Bob's your uncle the scar will have healed..

• Confused 1