Thailand Expects to Have up to 6 Million Doses of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine

webfact

7 minutes ago, seesip said:

Any thoughts on whether those vaccines will be available in Bangkok and Chiang Mai at the same time? I'm guessing due to storage requirements, we'll have them offered in Bangkok exclusively at first?

I believe they have refrigeration available throughout Thailand...

• Haha 1

Thai pop c70 million plus c 5 million foreigners plus illegals means need upwards of 150 million double dose if hope to cover the population.

I wonder why theydn't allow licensed medicicnes approved by reputable labs be sold?

Odd when there's a waiting thirsty  profitable market in rich farangs with dual pricing 

Edited by RubbaJohnny
typos

12 hours ago, webfact said:

to be shipped to Thailand in the second half of this year.

Me thinks best to get either of the below vaccinations and if I am still alive in a year, get what ever data shows whatever vaccine to be the best.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

AstraZeneca and Sinovac

Waiting with no vaccination is something I think we cannot risk, some protection is better than no protection and from the latest that I have read and viewed, the numbers that are dying are not related to the vaccine, so far, so good.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Caldera said:

Their vague reference to the "second half" of the year tells me it's more likely going to be December than July. For all we know, there might not even be a firm order with agreed upon delivery schedule in place yet.

The Hospital up in Sakon Nakhon said they would have the M shots in December !  To be eligible  for it ,you have to be a registered member of the  Hospital ,cost $4k.  The offer expires on the 18th! I'm not sure what happens after the offer date expires !

They don't make any guarantees on procuring it and the 4k is non refundable !  

Its the little things in between the lines that makes decision making difficult !

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, riclag said:

The Hospital up in Sakon Nakhon said they would have the M shots in December !  To be eligible  for it ,you have to be a registered member of the  Hospital ,cost $4k.  The offer expires on the 18th! I'm not sure what happens after the offer date expires !

Its the little things in between the lines that makes decision making difficult !

Looks like they made you an offer you can't refuse

13 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

5-6 million in the second half of the year?

with a population of 70 million times2

140 million doses needed 

????

great news 

looks like it’s coming along quite well!????

It is a “commercial option.” Which means it will likely only be bought by expats and well-off Thais. The majority of Thais will get Sinovac/AZ or whatever else the Thai government decides to buy for them.

21 hours ago, tingtong said:

"Mr Paiboon insisted that private hospitals will not make a profit from the distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine."

sounded credible, sort of, until this last sentence.

in the age of internet, it takes a few clicks to find the price range of a Moderna ( if any other covid vaccines for that matter).

it isn't the mentioned 3500-4000thb per shot. 

to make profit for private hospitals is ok.

to falsify the truth not ok.

The click on the internet price doesn't include shipping. Or do you expect Zuellig to pay for it? Plus internet price doesn't include syringe, nurse, admin. In your home country you could have got it for free. Why not fly home?

• Like 1

The daily hopium.

Some time this year. Unless of course, it's next year.

It would appear they both cannot procure the vaccine and judging by recent reports cannot administer it in any relevant numbers.

Really feel sorry for healthcare workers most of which have no vaccine and due to economic circumstances are forced to work.

Oh...we said 3000 per INJECTION... you'd obviously misunderstood.

13 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Thai pop c70 million plus c 5 million foreigners plus illegals means need upwards of 150 million double dose if hope to cover the population.

I wonder why theydn't allow licensed medicicnes approved by reputable labs be sold?

Odd when there's a waiting thirsty  profitable market in rich farangs with dual pricing 

Most countries are trying to jab some 70% of the population.  Getting above that will be difficult.  Not everyone can get a jab, children, etc.

This would mean some 100MM doses.  Or so.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 8:56 AM, alant said:

5 to 6 million, what happened to the 10 to 20 million doses stated previously?

Exactly what is going on with the vaccines? WHY SO SLOW. ? NO 1 ever answers me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2021 at 9:36 PM, riclag said:

Do you mean 3k dollars or 4k baht?

On 5/17/2021 at 9:28 AM, Ron jeremy said:

5-6 million in the second half of the year?

with a population of 70 million times2

140 million doses needed 

????

great news 

looks like it’s coming along quite well!????

5-6 million doses would be bad if everyone in Thailand would get their vaccine from private hospitals, but that's not the case. 

First of all , I am sure the Moderna vaccine is not the only one private hospitals will be getting, I am sure they are negotiating with other manufacturers. But the majority of Thais will get their vaccine from the government run program.