Vaccination Registration App for Foreigners Will Be Ready Soon

webfact

4 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

You have to feel they've been shamed into it by the adverse publicity surrounding their previous 'it's for Thais' attitude. 

Face it, its not always intentional, which can be more worrying. I mean, they just discovered Covid happens in prisons too ????

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sandyf said:

If you had been paying any attention you would know it is to do with database integration, hardly the simplistic matter you seem to think.

Only the delusional would think it starts and ends with what they see on the screen.

Integrated government databases need the actual will to do it and with plenty of money thrown at it. The UAE organised pretty much fully integrated government services for the population (mostly migrants) within a few years. Thailand still can't get even the 90 day online service working after several years.... 

1 minute ago, BigFun said:

Face it, its not always intentional, which can be more worrying. I mean, they just discovered Covid happens in prisons too ????

It just seems that most ministerial or other bighat statements always start on the premise that Thais are more important to look after than farang. I'm not even saying it's wrong, if I were Thai I'd probably like to hear that myself. 

3 hours ago, cnx101 said:

Very easy I registered yesterday no waiting just in with passport friendly service in Tesco Lotus in and out about 20 minutes and picked hospital to get, only thing probably get done July first is old and sick Thais.

Where?

6 minutes ago, club said:

You have a source for that?

I'm in Singapore where the daily covid cases are reported in the news, case by case, who, where they work and how possibly they may be infected and also which variant of the virus has been Detected.. The last two weeks have seen a spike of more than 100 infected cases, and if I remember correctly,about 40 are vaccinated individuals who work as nurse, doctors, immigration officer, etc although non are severe cases. Those were the first to be vaccinated in Feb or March and during that period we only use Pfizer vaccine though now we have moderna. You can read all this by going to channel news Asia website. As I speak Singapore are heading back to a controlled lockdown environment because the authorities are worried that the virus, especially the new Indian variant, has crept pass health safety measures in the borders and into the community. So my advice to everyone,  covid is here to stay for the considerable future, just take whatever vaccine is available first til they come up with booster shots for the new variants. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lks7689 said:

I'm in Singapore where the daily covid cases are reported in the news, case by case, who, where they work and how possibly they may be infected and also which variant of the virus has been Detected.. The last two weeks have seen a spike of more than 100 infected cases, and if I remember correctly,about 40 are vaccinated individuals who work as nurse, doctors, immigration officer, etc although non are severe cases. Those were the first to be vaccinated in Feb or March and during that period we only use Pfizer vaccine though now we have moderna. You can read all this by going to channel news Asia website. As I speak Singapore are heading back to a controlled lockdown environment because the authorities are worried that the virus, especially the new Indian variant, has crept pass health safety measures in the borders and into the community. So my advice to everyone,  covid is here to stay for the considerable future, just take whatever vaccine is available first til they come up with booster shots for the new variants. 

Going to USA in a couple months. I will look at numbers then and choose between Pfizer or Modera. Your right about this being around for a while

Just now, club said:

Going to USA in a couple months. I will look at numbers then and choose between Pfizer or Modera. Your right about this being around for a while

I got the moderna, second dose was pretty tough, most people I know had fever. But it appears to prevent severe infection so for the time being, that will do. Stay safe. 

will there be a registration fee to join the app? Just wonder what charges and what paperwork will be required to register and what else can be added. I am sure they are thinking now how to make it as difficult as possible for farangs.

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

A positive step in the right direction, it seems that the willingness to include foreigners is there, let's up hope that that it will lead into action and not just empty words...

????????????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The free vaccines for foreigners has been stated previously by govt ministers (Chinese or AZ). Is over 20 years long enough to know anything about Thailand? 

Well, apparently not enough to realize that you ignore posters who speak the truth. Thai government officials do have a habit of making big bold statements (you could say it's a hub for this) they don't necessarily follow up on. If you haven't noticed this during your 20 years here I don't know where your head's been stuck.

BTW, moved to Thailand in the fall of 1993.

27 minutes ago, Dog walker said:

will there be a registration fee to join the app? Just wonder what charges and what paperwork will be required to register and what else can be added. I am sure they are thinking now how to make it as difficult as possible for farangs.

You are paranoid.

• Like 1

This "government's" solution to every problem is an app.

Based on the Immigration "apps", I'll not be holding my breath.

That said, the Bangkok Immigration appointment reservation system (BizPotential) does appear to work quite well. 

The app will be mostly in Thai.

It will take 60 minutes to complete.

You won't be able to check on the status of your registration.

For the 2% who successfully register, they'll next face an appointment system that is equally daunting.

And for the few who make to a vaccination site, prepare for a 22-step process taking up to 7 hours, before even sniffing a vaccine.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

As opposed to western governments and politicians who have a reputation based on honesty, integrity, reliability and morality. Amazing how easy it is to remain blind to those things in our home countries while blaming Thais and Thailand as if they were uniquely at fault for shortcomings found everywhere.

stone throwers, glass houses and all that.

Totally off topic. We're discussing our situation here as foreigners in Thailand so past experience with bold government statements here in Thailand is certainly highly relevant and not (for me at least) just another opportunity to slam Thais and Thailand.

Until this app is up and running I shall remain skeptical and will continue to believe that vaccines imported by private hospitals will be my best bet.

But if I'm proved wrong by the Thai government I will be first to admit it.

3 hours ago, Pravda said:

Done by the same hiso IT team that brought you 90 day reporting.

It took them a couple of years but it works great now(maybe they outsourced to India). I did my first 90 day online report Sunday and received instant approval.

4 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

More bad news for the "Thailand hates foreigners" crowd...free vaccines and an app in English. 

If you think Thailand hates foreigners your in the wrong country.

4 hours ago, cnx101 said:

Very easy I registered yesterday no waiting just in with passport friendly service in Tesco Lotus in and out about 20 minutes and picked hospital to get, only thing probably get done July first is old and sick Thais.

What province?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Good news if the promise is delivered.

It imperative that everyone is vaccinated  before the Indian variant comes to Thailand which l hope it doesn't. This variant is deadly.

4 hours ago, cnx101 said:

Thanks for the info .l was wondering were to register. Tesco is very convenient. 

37 minutes ago, Sakeopete said:

It took them a couple of years but it works great now(maybe they outsourced to India). I did my first 90 day online report Sunday and received instant approval.

The 90-day reporting web/app are not reliable, maybe 50% successfully register.

These systems were recently off-line for ~ 2 months.