Vaccination Registration App for Foreigners Will Be Ready Soon

webfact

9 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Which supplies arrived earlier than expected? More useless Sinovac?

More likely the unsold - rejected vaccines from Europe due to many side effects, now made available for the joy of the developing countries. 

Currently, I was specifically told I have to be over 60 and have an underlying health condition in order to register? I am not 60 and I am healthy.  So how can I walk up and register now?  Or is it just a case of TIT?>?

Edited by sqwakvfr

5 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Currently, I was specifically told I have to be over 60 and have an underlying health condition in order to register? I am not 60 and I am healthy.  So how can I walk up and register now?  Or is it just a case of TIT?>?

Keep up with developments and probably wait your turn. Possibly the walk in sites might take all comers. It will all be revealed in time.

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Keep up with developments and probably wait your turn. Possibly the walk in sites might take all comers. It will all be revealed in time.

Which is basically what I was getting at above!

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

Being offline does not equate to a problem with any particular application.

Has worked perfectly well for several years.

So give me a good reason why it's sometimes been offline for months at a time? 

5 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

This is what you do. Tell them you are over 60, and tell them you have many underlying health conditions, too many to list. Make sure you walk in wearing a necklace of 1,000 baht bills  around your neck (at least 50).

Thais will buy, ... I mean, believe, anything. Their gullibility is only surpassed by the gullibility of some of the posters on this forum. ????

Edited by ABCbangkok

Exactly. Assume these endless Govt. Vax Notices are worthless for foreigners.

Simply Waiting for one of my private hospitals to call me in for western covid vax.

Private Registration / Certificate / Vax is their (usual) business ......... covid or non- covid vax .......

no interest in any thai govt vax scheme..... which we can assume will never meaningfully exist for foreigners .....will always be Sinovac / Thais First & Last ! 

On 5/17/2021 at 6:08 AM, Orinoco said:

And a ATM card or a fist full of cash.

How gauche. Please put the cash in a brown envelope. It's important to accommodate the foibles of the local culture. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Exactly. Assume these endless Govt. Vax Notices are worthless for foreigners.

Simply Waiting for one of my private hospitals to call me in for western covid vax.

Private Registration / Certificate / Vax is their (usual) business ......... covid or non- covid vax .......

no interest in any thai govt vax scheme..... which we can assume will never meaningfully exist for foreigners .....will always be Sinovac / Thais First & Last ! 

Damned if they do and Damned if they don't huh? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Speedhump said:

So give me a good reason why it's sometimes been offline for months at a time? 

Don't you think that should be addressed to Thai immigration?

But why allow facts to get in the way of unsubstantiated opinion and speculation.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Seems to be back to August, or later, registration for foreigners as of Monday.

There are a lot of variables in play and things are not that straightforward for the Thais. Too much information is being relayed in an abbreviated form or misinterpreted causing a lot of confusion.

My BiL phoned my wife yesterday and said they were taking bookings for the vaccine at the local clinic on 29th May, he got his and she should register. When she looked into it, it was June not May and his appointment is for 29th June.

As you say, highly likely many expats will be into August and those that choose to do their own thing sometime later.

10 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Any citation for this...or is this just your opinion?

There was this: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2110211/thais-not-expats-get-jab-priority.  Along with the flip-flopping that came after they realised how bad it looked for them.

There is the constant delaying of private hospitals being allowed to purchase vaccines, which expats could obviously take advantage of.

Then there's two pieces of news from today.  For some reason it will take until August to "prepare" to give vaccines to foreigners, while they are coincidently planning to vaccinate five million Thais by the end of July.

If they wanted foreigners to get the jab, foreigners would be getting the jab.

Edited by BangkokReady

52 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

There was this: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2110211/thais-not-expats-get-jab-priority.  Along with the flip-flopping that came after they realised how bad it looked for them.

There is the constant delaying of private hospitals being allowed to purchase vaccines, which expats could obviously take advantage of.

Then there's two pieces of news from today.  For some reason it will take until August to "prepare" to give vaccines to foreigners, while they are coincidently planning to vaccinate five million Thais by the end of July.

If they wanted foreigners to get the jab, foreigners would be getting the jab.

Delaying private hospitals importing vaccines affects both foreigners AND Thais, in fact one could argue it affects Thais more because there's more of them. (Or are you one of those who thinks only foreigners could afford it...go to any private hospital and look around, 50% plus of the patients are Thais.

Maybe the delay is because, I dunno, 95+ percent of the population is Thai (I know, funny that in Thailand) and it makes sense for the government to focus and prioritize that part of the population, many of who live and work in small and crowded spaces, not where you find most foreigners living and working. Contrary to what you might think...it's not always about foreigners. 

7 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Delaying private hospitals importing vaccines affects both foreigners AND Thais, in fact one could argue it affects Thais more because there's more of them. (Or are you one of those who thinks only foreigners could afford it...go to any private hospital and look around, 50% plus of the patients are Thais.

Thais can get the jabs in the next two months+, foreigners can't, but they would be able to if the government had allowed private hospitals to purchase and administer vaccinations.  So, no, it doesn't affect Thais the same as it does foreigners.  Foreigners are clearly more disadvantaged by this.

7 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Maybe the delay is because, I dunno, 95+ percent of the population is Thai (I know, funny that in Thailand) and it makes sense for the government to focus and prioritize that part of the population, many of who live and work in small and crowded spaces, not where you find most foreigners living and working. Contrary to what you might think...it's not always about foreigners. 

Again, a bit more nuanced than you seem to understand.  Within both those groups there will be individuals who call Thailand their home and will be more in need of vaccination than some of those in the other group.

Some interesting ideas, but you're still far from justifying your "bad news for the "Thailand hates foreigners" crowd" claim.