Anutin, Phiphat arrive in Phuket, assure July 1 reopening

webfact

9 minutes ago, nkg said:

Really? It took me all of 2 minutes to find a flight from Gatwick to Phuket for £425 on the 1st of July.

Capture.JPG.e82e1879181455f82380eb23dc7dc935.JPG

Problem is if that flight routes via Qatar and is not direct, on return to UK you have to do government hotel quarantine I believe, unless you stay on same aircraft,do not leave the aircraft, and no new passengers board the aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

Problem is if that flight routes via Qatar and is not direct, on return to UK you have to do government hotel quarantine I believe, unless you stay on same aircraft,do not leave the aircraft, and no new passengers board the aircraft.

There's other options - £472 with Emirates, £499 with Singapore, £391 with KLM - and that's just on the 1st of July.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Irrelevant. Nobody is coming.

Actually one of my fully vaccinated friends from the US has already booked... so on a factual basis you're wrong. The more important point is it's a starting point to get the Phuket economy moving again but it will be a very slow process.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Actually one of my fully vaccinated friends from the US has already booked... so on a factual basis you're wrong. The more important point is it's a starting point to get the Phuket economy moving again but it will be a very slow process.

Can you share what he booked, was it just a flight or hotel as well? 

They haven't announced any details yet sounds like he jumped in a bit early 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

and than in another article.. Thais and foreigners arrested for drinking together...... Good advertisement for an island that is begging for tourists

It is...shows the authorities are taking Covid-19 pandemic restrictions seriously. And not everyone visiting Phuket is doing so to go drinking on the beach with ladyboys.  

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, madmen said:

Can you share what he booked, was it just a flight or hotel as well? 

They haven't announced any details yet sounds like he jumped in a bit early 

SQ SFO to BKK and then transfer to Phuket...believe he arrives on 16 July.

Ok..so lets go with the "THEORY" that this is TRUE....July 1 opening in Phuket

Being a Yank(USA) Im getting my final Pfizer this wed....which will make me "fully vaccinated"

My lease ends July 14th here....I peeked to see if flights and how much just for kicks and IF this thai theory "works"

Ive seen flight from LAX to BKK and some LAX to Phuket--some with a quick layover in BKK  ANA--Singapore air etc--less than 500 usd one way or need RT?

Are they saying I could arrive---VOA on arrival, Show Covid Insurance and Im free to stay anywhere for 7 days in Phuket--provided Im "clean"?

Then I could fly to my home base up north in CM??....where I would be cut loose but still follow guidelines there..NO ASQ at all???

I jumped to the DC Thai Consulate Embassy site as I figured if its true they would say so....nothing there..all the hoops still and a 14 day ASQ on arrival.

This has become a mish mash of ideas run in a blender with someone throwing a new idea into it daily---Am i wrong in any of my JULY 1 claims?

As said before Id take the word of Ubon Joe over any of these thai guys..as seems each group is shouting down the others ideas with no final plan

Assume the final decider would be on the Thai Embassy website, as opposed to hearsay and article posted almost daily here-fuel to the fire..??

or is this just pillow talk and ideas being thrown at a wall in an effort to be doing something and getting a paycheck to appease the bosses...   sigh

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, SoilSpoil said:

No, some will fly to Phuket to watch Netflix in their homeroom enjoying a 7-11 meal.

That would be me.as its what I do when Im there for my usual 4 months stay......may as well do it for a 1/3 of the cost in shotgun alley-hate town USA....

Count me in..been ready since you know who ruined the country..starts with T-ends with P

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I'm gonna wait until mid July before I even think about booking.

same  as noted my lease ends July 14th in USA...but am itching to get my butt on a plane and away from all this hate and mass shooting-covidiots--yada yada

I foolishly left LOS last march to come home to a job that disappeared and its my biggest regret..I literally walked into a dumpster fire as soon as i landed..ugh

I suppose after a year of the same exact day I am getting my 2nd shot this week and I was able to VOTE and do my part to save my country...praise Buddha!

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Boomer6969 said:

I'd bet they'll the Patong minimum taxi fare at THB 500.

Id walk just to spite them...as they would still nag me....or rent a bicycle or motobike....or even ask a thai for a ride and pay them and share my sangsom! ????

• Like 1