Anutin, Phiphat arrive in Phuket, assure July 1 reopening

webfact

27 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

jumped to the DC Thai Consulate Embassy site as I figured if its true they would say so....nothing there..all the hoops still and a 14 day ASQ on arrival

Says it all really. My guess is they will wait to see if they can vaccine the whole island before releasing whatever extortion packages they have planned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Are they accepting "vaccinated status" with all the vaccines or only particular brands?

They did release a list a while ago and quite specific on the brands and must be 14 days after second shot before arrival allowed 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, madmen said:

They did release a list a while ago and quite specific on the brands and must be 14 days after second shot before arrival allowed 

getting my pfizer 2nd shot this wednesday then 2 weeks to let it soak in and then im free!

39 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I foolishly left LOS last march to come home to a job that disappeared and its my biggest regret..I literally walked into a dumpster fire as soon as i landed..ugh

Yeah I've been stuck in Colorado since late September and it's been <deleted> freezing my ass off while the country falls into insanity. Weather is getting better now and things seem to be going in the right direction but still I've had my fill for a while.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

These ladyboys were not he problem... The gathering and drinking was.... not allowed to sit with more than 2 people together.... please read the story of the Phuket news.. There was also a problem with a few expats drinking with friends in their house at the swimmingpool...It is the gathering.. How can you welcome tourist if you can't allow more than 2 people sitting together?? 

It's not 1 July yet and Covid mitigation restrictions are still in effect. These people weren't following them so were taken in and dealt with.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:

Yeah I've been stuck in Colorado since late September and it's been <deleted> freezing my ass off while the country falls into insanity. Weather is getting better now and things seem to be going in the right direction but still I've had my fill for a while.

Amen to that brother... Im burned out mentally and need a old thai granny asking me if I want a massage as i smile and walk on by..ego stroked for the day ????

tenor.gif?itemid=10865461

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SoilSpoil said:

No, some will fly to Phuket to watch Netflix in their homeroom enjoying a 7-11 meal.

Don't knock it...you tried "Sevens" Double Cheese Chicken Burger and new lemon cheese cake ????????

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

First sangsom is on me should we make it back---Im a CNX guy as well...imagining my old honda dream covered in a inch of dust now....

Just now, Pattaya Spotter said:

Don't knock it...you tried "Sevens" Double Cheese Chicken Burger and new lemon cheese case ????????

I live out of 7-11 as I live outside of the city and hit it up to stock up on my way home---Ive mastered the art of cooking 7-11 style

tuna+kewpie japanese mayo

eggs-soft boiled

chicken

sushi-cali rolls

the pork burger reminds me of school hamburger lunch days ????

soybean pods

smoked sausages

cream puffs

etc+++

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I live out of 7-11 as I live outside of the city and hit it up to stock up on my way home---Ive mastered the art of cooking 7-11 style

tuna+kewpie japanese mayo

eggs-soft boiled

chicken

sushi-cali rolls

the pork burger reminds me of school hamburger lunch days ????

soybean pods

smoked sausages

cream puffs

etc+++

They have some great stuff...so upgraded their food offerings the past few years from the in-house coffee...bakery...and sammies. Luv me those Toasted Cheese sandwiches ????

1 minute ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

They have some great stuff...so upgraded their food offerings the past few years from the in-house coffee...bakery...and sammies. Luv me those Toasted Cheese sandwiches ????

Toastie always works in a pinch--there is a 7-11 across hospital in CNX that is huge--has coffee shop-bakery  table to sit and eat...vendors outside--wood floors and huge --even a true move shop!.........and of course my 10 baht cloth 7-11 bag to do my part against the plastic invasion..its usually overflowing..should have upgraded!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

These ladyboys were not he problem... The gathering and drinking was.... not allowed to sit with more than 2 people together.... please read the story of the Phuket news.. There was also a problem with a few expats drinking with friends in their house at the swimmingpool...It is the gathering.. How can you welcome tourist if you can't allow more than 2 people sitting together?? 

Simple, just leave the missus home.....   : ))

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

It is a serious purge to ensure as many people as possible follow the rules. Anutin visited with the 1st July opening apparently top of the agenda. New daily Covid positive numbers need to be consistently in single digits if that is going to happen. Hence the rules are being enforced rigorously now with a view to achieve that goal. Rules are, of course, subject to review at a later date.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

It is a serious purge to ensure as many people as possible follow the rules. Anutin visited with the 1st July opening apparently top of the agenda. New daily Covid positive numbers need to be consistently in single digits if that is going to happen. Hence the rules are being enforced rigorously now with a view to achieve that goal. Rules are, of course, subject to review at a later date.

I posted in a separate thread that yesterday the road around a local lake that a lot of people use for exercising was suddenly blocked to cars, motorbikes and cyclists. At each block point 6ft signs in English and Thai stating COVID restriction rules and vehicle access near the beach blocked off. Very similar to the total lockdown last year.

the funny thing is that the authorities are able to do this so as to be ready to receive tourists, but not to protect their own citizens. ????

1 hour ago, MasterBaker said:

Monday Covid UPDATE: 9,635 Covid infections and 25 death... still sure about this opening?

Pretty sure. The Phuket number was 4 cases I think. Or that may have been yesterday. Come what may, Phuket will open, I’m certain of that. Very important people have said so, too much loss of face if it doesn’t.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

No, some will fly to Phuket to watch Netflix in their homeroom enjoying a 7-11 meal.

Right, 7/11  Pizza 99 B. now and be happy, the beach ? Why you ask for go the beach you don't know is full Covid virus there ? Is not for you tourist, we are sorry..(LOS T)

5 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I posted in a separate thread that yesterday the road around a local lake that a lot of people use for exercising was suddenly blocked to cars, motorbikes and cyclists. At each block point 6ft signs in English and Thai stating COVID restriction rules and vehicle access near the beach blocked off. Very similar to the total lockdown last year.

the funny thing is that the authorities are able to do this so as to be ready to receive tourists, but not to protect their own citizens. ????

Interesting. Blocked to cyclists. That comes under 'taking exercise', when mask wearing is excluded, although was last month. Another day, another story:

Screenshot from 2021-04-30 08-21-03-edit1.png

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

and than in another article.. Thais and foreigners arrested for drinking together...... Good advertisement for an island that is begging for tourists

You do realise it is mid May now? Now connection at all between this and opening on 1 July.

4 hours ago, nkg said:

There's other options - £472 with Emirates, £499 with Singapore, £391 with KLM - and that's just on the 1st of July.

Hope voucher is valid long time! All flights going to be canceled before departure!

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Actually one of my fully vaccinated friends from the US has already booked... so on a factual basis you're wrong. The more important point is it's a starting point to get the Phuket economy moving again but it will be a very slow process.

Yes, I am going also.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nkg said:

There's other options - £472 with Emirates, £499 with Singapore, £391 with KLM - and that's just on the 1st of July.

UAE is on the UK Red List so transiting through Dubai with Emirates means mandatory hotel based quarantine on return.

Travel to Thailand has mandatory 10 days home quarantine on your return to the UK, vaccinated or not.

Vaccination does not prevent you getting the infection, it just arms you to react to a COVID infection quicker so reducing the chances of it developing into a more serious manifestation.

As yet no one knows if vaccinated people can still transmit the virus even if they do not show any symptoms so it will be a while before vaccination holds any degree of faith to remove a quarantine period.

Given the Sinovac version seems to have only 50% efficacy then there may even be discrimination across the types of vaccination you had should any kind of consensus be drawn on the removal of quarantine for vaccinated travellers in the future.

image.png.4100d137fe6ae1b1c3bed6d25058a133.png

https://www.as-coa.org/articles/timeline-tracking-latin-americas-road-vaccination

Don't expect Thailand to be on the UK Green list anytime soon though, so make sure you book the extra 10 days of home quarantine as time off work after you return. This can be reduced if you pay to take a private test after 5 full days of quarantine and it comes back negative under the UK Test to Release Scheme.

Be aware these red, amber, green lists can change quickly. You may find a very pricy hotel stay on the cards if it does while you're still away.

Book away if you're so inclined but be aware of the facts before you buy your flights and make your own judgement. 

May the odds be always in your favour.

Anybody booking flights and hotels for the July Phuket opening had better make sure all bookings are refundable as very doubtful July opening will happen. No sign of restaurants and bars gearing up for July opening???? Other issue is that I’m not sure vaccinated people are immune from actually spreading the virus................no way people in Phuket will be vaccinated by July, especially those staff that will have to come in from their villages????