Female motorcyclist, 51, seriously injured after crashing into SUV driving in the opposite lane in Pattaya area

webfact

p4.jpg

By Nop Meechukhun

Banglamung, Chonburi – A 51-year-old female motorcyclist was seriously injured after reportedly crashing into a car in the opposite lane in front of Soi Chalerm Prakiat 35 in the Banglamung district, Chonburi, during the early hours of this morning, May 16th.

Rescuers from Sawang Boribun Thammasathan and local police arrived at the scene after being alerted of the incident around midnight.

Motorist Narumol Kaewmanee, 51, was discovered and rushed to the hospital for treatment. Her crashed motorcycle was spotted at the front of an SUV vehicle that was also damaged from the accident.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/16/female-motorcyclist-51-seriously-injured-after-crashing-into-suv-driving-in-the-opposite-lane-in-pattaya-area/

PattayaNews.jpg

Saw the whole thing. Was pretty dark and no traffic at all. 

some surprising things was people driving by stopping to assist with traffic, not a single person touched her or tried to help her. 

rescue arrived in about 12-15 mins 

PS. She was not on the wrong side of the road but was very close if not on the other side of the road , possibly turning 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LazySlipper said:

Sometimes TV reporters really ... muffle things up... they should do some proofreading before posting... utterly confusing article...

To be fair, the TV staff are not native English speakers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, sungod said:

How could they when they had phones in their hands taking photos?

Actually they used phones as torches to keep area lid and not have someone drive over her.

at least 3 cars stopped to assist, only 1 had enough brain to park car right in front with hazard lights 

I've noticed this a lot on #3 road (this accident would have been about a block before the South Pattaya/#3 road intersection).

People (going in both directions) will cross the center dividing line in anticipation of crossing the road. I've seen some who are almost entirely in the other lane because, you know, that extra 2 meters means you have the jump on anyone else that may try to get ahead of you.

Maybe the SUV had a dash cam and they'll be able to figure out what happened, though I doubt we'll ever hear what the outcome ends up being.

33 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

"Female motorcyclist, 51, seriously injured after crashing into SUV driving in the opposite lane in Pattaya area"

Hmmmm

Looking at the heading... reading what a poster wrote and then double checking the caption I am finally understanding what the writer of this article is trying to say...

"after crashing into SUV driving in the opposite lane in Pattaya area" 

This sentence is terribly misleading ... Who is driving in the opposite lane?

Sometimes TV reporters really ... muffle things up... they should do some proofreading before posting... utterly confusing article...

"TV reporters" did not write this article, The Pattaya News wrote it:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/16/female-motorcyclist-51-seriously-injured-after-crashing-into-suv-driving-in-the-opposite-lane-in-pattaya-area/

2 hours ago, BestB said:

Actually they used phones as torches to keep area lid and not have someone drive over her.

at least 3 cars stopped to assist, only 1 had enough brain to park car right in front with hazard lights 

thort hazard lights were only to be used if driving straight ON at a road junction !!!!!

5 hours ago, BestB said:

some surprising things was people driving by stopping to assist with traffic, not a single person touched her or tried to help her.

The bystanders were probably not trained paramedics so sensibly thought to wait for someone that may know what they are doing to turn up.

NEVER move an accident victim if you don't know what you are doing, they may have internal injuries and you could kill them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The other disturbing fact is most people attending seem more intent in recording video!

What do you expect them to do? It is a well-known policy in Thailand to not get involved in any way as you might be implicated. Part of the culture.

4 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

thort hazard lights were only to be used if driving straight ON at a road junction !!!!!

Oh imagine that someone used the lights to protect injured person, how dare are they ?????

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The bystanders were probably not trained paramedics so sensibly thought to wait for someone that may know what they are doing to turn up.

NEVER move an accident victim if you don't know what you are doing, they may have internal injuries and you could kill them.

Holding hand or reassuring injured person would not kill them nor has ever killed anyone 

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Sadly a frequent occurrence and I get an impression middle aged or slightly older women often ride on the wrong side of the road. (I watch them carefully coming towards me on the Railway Line Bypass every time I use it). It is one reason driving well out from the edge of the road is necessary, along with people also coming out from sideroads without stopping, and Songtaews stopping willy-nilly. The SUV has out of town plates and maybe is not used to this. 

The other disturbing fact is most people attending seem more intent in recording video!

I have read on this forum that old foreigners are the best driver and will never die, is it true ? So motorbikes are vert safe for oldies ?

9 hours ago, thailandusauk said:

I have read on this forum that old foreigners are the best driver and will never die, is it true ? So motorbikes are vert safe for oldies ?

Yes, just drive very slowly and there is less chance of a serious incident. Motorcycles are best forgotten when one gets too old. 

On 5/17/2021 at 5:23 PM, BestB said:

Holding hand or reassuring injured person would not kill them nor has ever killed anyone 

True, and that would be a nice thing to do.

But maybe they just wanted to sell their selfie to Thai Rath to get on the front page.