Thailand reports daily record of 9,635 new COVID-19 cases, including jail cluster

webfact

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

To be clear, the numbers outside the prison system reflect a 5% positivity rate, with a daily random walk. 

To be even more clear point me to that exact and precise calculation you've made on all cases outside the prision system.

Now that is a surprise

Read more:

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000968

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) believes it will not be able to meet its 2021 target because few people are travelling due to the third wave of Covid-19

TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn said the organization expects 90 million locals to take trips this year, slightly less than 90.52 million in 2020.

People have been taking fewer trips because the Covid-19 crisis has been affecting incomes and their decision to spend, he said.

In the first quarter of the year, less than 20 million locals went travelling, he said, adding that TAT and the Tourism and Sports Ministry had initially aimed for 100-120 million local tourists this year.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

The new admission of about 7,000 cases in other prisons looks like an understatement as it is less than 2% of the prison population but they didn't say what proportion of the 380,000 they have tested. Quite likely another 50,000 or so cases to be found in prisons which would equate to 15%.  

Next stop probably a large number of cases in the military which is also about 380,000 on active service.  Although not as tightly packed in as the unfortunate prisoners, they live in close proximity to each other and it is probably spreading there rapidlly already.  The percentage infection is likely to be less than prisoners but there abililty to spread it to the general population is much higher.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Nothing will force this government (that you supported along with the coup) out I am afraid. They are not going anywhere unless the proprietor wills it. 

Yes I supported it, supported the coup too. A mistake as this government is as corrupt as the YL government. But at least some members of the YL goverment got convicted for the rice scam. So that is a good thing. Its not good that this government stays on like this. I just hate corruption and YL goverment was clearly corrupt and reacted much in the same way as this government when questions came up denying and lying. Seems to be standard for Thai governments. 

I only support move forward now as they seem to have some integrity. I still dont support the PTP as they are as corrupt as this government. Still if they get voted in it might be better then these crooks. But im not sure if you have seen the reports about many villages jumping ship from red villages to government villages. Shows that support is all about money not political ideology. 

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

So 40 positives a day at 4% with only 500 tests being in the mass testing category. Make it 10,000 tests a day most of that mass testing and one would expect around 400 a day this being an underestimate. From this I think it's fair to say that the daily national numbers reflect the numbers of tests and not the true number of infections. Again and again it has been said here that only true mass testing will get you closer to the actual numbers.

Nope. 

There is no breakdown where the cases came from. It's possible that half came from contact tracing. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Surely in any normal country with a 4% positivity rate on 500 tests they would be ramping up inspection massively. See Singapore and Taiwan right now.

Actually, you have helped with the estimate of 5% positivity a few days ago, when you admitted that new case numbers would be more or less flat for a while, and that we should focus on the death count. 

Flat numbers of new cases imply a 5% positivity rate, more or less. 

3 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Can the rose coloured glasses brigade please step forward and tell us all how it was that Thailand avoided the Songkran surge.

Also all those people that told us about the spicy diet and warm weather fending off Covid. 

Please, come forwards and explain to us your wisdom.

I would like to come forward. It was nothing more than a misunderstanding 

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Sorry, I only have data about where I live. 

Just about explains your entire position, if we ever need updating on Chonburi we can hit you up, as for everywhere we can do our own due diligence and reply on the reports supplied.

My prediction is a small increment or decrement in daily cases, outside the prison system (or any large untested institution). There will be clusters discovered around Bangkok that will drive up the daily numbers, and then days without a discovery, and the numbers will come down. Basically a random walk signifying a 5% positivity rate. 

If you have a different opinion, post your prediction. 

Saying "it's going to be bad" doesn't count. 

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Kalsain went from 0 to 96 with 1 death following Songkran. This occured across Thailand. Do you not remember Covid now in all provinces. Almost 100% increase in Kalasin but I guess you know best.

like Donald said it will be all over at Easter

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Unfortunately, the number of prison infections is going to be very high. The upside is there won’t be many deaths. The downside may be clusters in the populated areas around the prisons.

What rubbish you spout at times.

" The upside is there wont be many Deaths "

FYI The Prisons of Thailand are absolutely infested with TB and other diseases that are highly contagious.

TB is a disease of the Lungs, and what do you know ? Covid19 also attacks the Lungs, so these people that are in the Prisons are in an extremely high risk group of people, and the only way there will not be many Deaths within the Prisons, is if they are not reported.

Foreigners scatter as officials raid Rawai restaurant for serving alcohol 

PHUKET: Police are attempting to track down several foreigners who fled a small restaurant in Rawai where they were sitting drinking beers when district officials arrived yesterday afternoon (May 16).

The operator of the restaurant has been charged for breach of the provincial order banning the sale of alcohol and allowing the consumption of alcohol on the premises.

Chongmas Sakulpradit of the Muang District Office explained that she was at Baan Yanui carrying out a campaign for local people to wear face masks when she was notified that foreigners were sitting in a pub/bar in Moo 2, Rawai.

More: https://www.thephuketnews.com/foreigners-scatter-as-officials-raid-rawai-restaurant-for-serving-alcohol-80028.php

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1394164448160489472

#COVID19TH UPDATE (17 May 21)

- 9,635* new cases (111,082 total)

- 1,397 more discharged (67,200)

- 43,268 active cases (1,226 critical, 400 of them on ventilators)

- 25 more deaths (614)

*new record daily high, 6,853 cases recorded in prisons.

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1394164907130507270

Of the 9,635 new cases that were found in the past 24 hours:

- 1,820 were found via tests at medical facilities

- 953 via proactive tests at clusters

- 6,853 via proactive tests at prisons

- 9 in quarantine facilities

#โควิด #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #WhatsHappeningInThailand

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

Some folks are just so stubborn that i have stop to care! Even you prove them wrong,  they not believe it! Thailand has many dreadful numbers about covid and many numbers whitch nobody dont know (needed to know)!

Infected rate 5%! HORRIBLE

Tested people in coundry 10000 to max 25000/day! HORRIBLE

How much is R number???? Nobody dont know! Think its way over 1! HORRIBLE! Even more HORRIBLE is they dont have any idea how much is R number!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Today there are 25 deaths in #Thailand:

15 males and 10 females Median age is 60 (33-86 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (18).

One death each in Suphanburi, Sukhothai, Samut Sakhon, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, Nakhon Sawan and Chai Nai.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1394165645038669827

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Google broke? Try daily summary in The Pattaya News.060AD5FB-49DE-4723-A108-058952073C73.thumb.png.fa6095b0341b82070389a74c64734399.png

So if the results are still pending, the claim of a 4% positive rate is then assumed, and not factual as claimed earlier. 

Why should I have to google to verify what others post? The onus is on them to provide verification of what they post is accurate. 

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1394164448160489472

#COVID19TH UPDATE (17 May 21)

- 9,635* new cases (111,082 total)

- 1,397 more discharged (67,200)

- 43,268 active cases (1,226 critical, 400 of them on ventilators)

- 25 more deaths (614)

*new record daily high, 6,853 cases recorded in prisons.

They always add more box in they powerpoint! Now have "prison box"! Never cant show one number! They have to divide infected number that in some way look more "nice"! 

• Like 1