Foreigners scatter as officials raid Rawai restaurant for serving alcohol

webfact

I don't know if there have been changes in the last week but on Friday 7th I went and had a pizza and got a beer on the way to drink with pizza.  The pizza place does not sell any alc. Last night at a little restaurant here with a fridge full of beer they would not sell me a beer.   I can't make sense of it .  There were only the 2 of us in the place.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Them officials where all over the place last night, before they raided that Bar they where in Yanui, I know because I drove through their check point 

For sure they are under the hammer for the 1st July 2021 open of a cleansed Phuket. I am in full agreement so long as no dodgy payoffs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

For sure they are under the hammer for the 1st July 2021 open of a cleansed Phuket. I am in full agreement so long as no dodgy payoffs.

Its Phuket, no such thing as "no dodgy payoffs"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Stupid "manhunt" for nothing following stupid inflexible rules.

Hardly a country in the world with such nonsense.

BTW I don't drink alcohol anymore, but would really allow a friend in Jomtien to have a beer and a cigarette on a beach chair.

Such nonsense? Alberta Canada says: "Hold my beer"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Them officials where all over the place last night, before they raided that Bar they where in Yanui, I know because I drove through their check point 

Are you one of those they are tracing now  ???? ?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Stupid "manhunt" for nothing following stupid inflexible rules.

Hardly a country in the world with such nonsense.

BTW I don't drink alcohol anymore, but would really allow a friend in Jomtien to have a beer and a cigarette on a beach chair.

It’s not hard to figure out a lot of drunks get sloppy and don’t follow precautions, so ruined for everybody 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

I don't know if there have been changes in the last week but on Friday 7th I went and had a pizza and got a beer on the way to drink with pizza.  The pizza place does not sell any alc. Last night at a little restaurant here with a fridge full of beer they would not sell me a beer.   I can't make sense of it .  There were only the 2 of us in the place.

So you bought a beer to drink with your Pizza inside the premises... you were lucky they didn't ask you to take a hike..

As for the restaurant not selling you a beer they were simply abiding by the law as it is now.

• Like 2

The problem with not banning alcohol is that unfortunately we have to be 

"governed by the lowest common denominator"

If you cannot understand that then I give up.

Every 7/11 is still selling alcohol so stop moaning.. Cheers

• Confused 2

My wife had an uncensored copy of the photo shown in the article. It was from Facebook, I think.

She showed it to one of our friends and he identified all four of the men.

555!

2 hours ago, Aomelia said:

It’s not hard to figure out a lot of drunks get sloppy and don’t follow precautions, so ruined for everybody 

So you have personal knowledge that these people are a load of drunks get real you muppet 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

If you can't make sense of a restaurant not wanting to break a law and possibly be fined thousands of baht just to make a few baht profit off selling you a beer, you don't have much sense yourself.

I think that none of us can make sense of a rule that does not allow people to enjoy a beer in an empty restaurant. 

• Like 2

Weren’t slick enough. I’ve been drinking under awnings of locked bars with out of work bar girls on soi pothole, if I can conceal my “gatherings” out in the open then these guys must have been incredibly unslick.

either that or the bmw smart car SWOOPED in on ‘em.

• Haha 1

And this is all for 2 cases of Covid found yesterday, and the island entrance is closed like a separate country, what a crisis....!!! ????

I wish they were so quick turning up to deal with real crime.... 

All pretence and show for 1 July, who knows what we have to endure for the next month and half....! ☹️

Foreigners = Roaches.  

Oh that poor bar owner was intimidated by the giant antenna those Insects were alternatively flexing .....

He or she had no choice as the Roaches threatened "Infestation" if they were not immediately served alcohol. 

When the bar keep argued what to do if the Alcohol Enforcers showed: The Roaches lied and claimed they would be 10 x more ferocious.

But as Roaches do.... they scattered when the first police person arrived and turned on a flash light. 

As this earth shattering story is making global news: Phuket once again dumps they're self worth and low rating as an international travel destination. 

Those damn Roaches again !!!!

Phuket-tourism-plummets-as-tourists-cancel-thousands-of-hotel-room-bookings-after-tragic-boat-accident-989452.jpg

4 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

Weren’t slick enough. I’ve been drinking under awnings of locked bars with out of work bar girls on soi pothole, if I can conceal my “gatherings” out in the open then these guys must have been incredibly unslick.

either that or the bmw smart car SWOOPED in on ‘em.

And you seem to be proud of that.

Well done.

When Thailand gets their thinking caps back on and lets the tourists drink alcohol , then they can start

to talk about having International tourists again.  The tea crowd is a bit small, and most tourists, whether they are

domestic or international like to relax and have a drink, when they are on holidays, or even a weekend break.

Phuket, you had better have a change of policies soon, or your re opening plans will hit the trash.

Just saying.

Geezer

On 5/17/2021 at 12:26 PM, Proboscis said:

I think that none of us can make sense of a rule that does not allow people to enjoy a beer in an empty restaurant. 

If you're enjoying a beer in a restaurant it's not empty.

They could allow drinking of alcohol with restrictions on the numbers but that's very complicated and if a restaurant is going to sell beer when it's banned then they are just as likely to do it when there are too many customers present.

On 5/17/2021 at 11:39 AM, crazykopite said:

It’s okay for these guys they are getting paid while millions suffer with no money having a beer does not increase your chances of getting Covid what it does is that the restaurant cannot make any money in another month I can see many places placing fir rent or for sale on the doors all down to the incompetence of the government as well as those s running the provinces

If you're that worried about the restaurant owner not making money why not go and have a meal with something other than alcohol.  I don't often drink but if I do it will be when we go out to eat. Sometimes that's not possible due to a Buddhist or Royal holiday but I survive.

As far as I know the only people who actually need alcohol are alcoholics

Edited by kimamey