Help with Readarr

touch

I've been trying to install Readarr for ages, but i can't find where to download a working installer. I'm already using Sonarr and Radarr without any problem but can't get Readarr to work. I'd like to use it on Win 10.

What is Readarr Sonarr and Radarr? you may ask, they are automated services to download books (Readarr), TV series (Sonarr) and movies (Radarr).

Sonarr and Radarr work really well and I'd like to get Readarr to work too.

Does anyone have it up and running?

Yes I have it up and running, but I find it’s not as helpful as sonarr and radarr, due to the number of books released, the time between releases, and the number of books a person can consume. 

The reason you can’t find it, is probably because it’s on alpha release .. I don’t know why it’s not been developed faster, it seems to work OK, everything is stable, all the features seem to work, apart from calibre integration doesn’t work for me.

You may not find a windows installer, but there are docker containers created by hotio, who is the developer. If you don’t use docker, it’s worthwhile looking into, you can run it within windows. 

You can post to Reddit and find out the answers about development from bakerboy if you dare, or you can speak to the devs on discord.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Try torrents from P Bay instead of separate apps.

As Recom said try Sonarr Radarr and Jackett they run as services and are fully automated. No need for torrents except for the off one out that you might need to download manually 

Edited by touch
Spelling

26 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Yes I have it up and running, but I find it’s not as helpful as sonarr and radarr, due to the number of books released, the time between releases, and the number of books a person can consume. 

The reason you can’t find it, is probably because it’s on alpha release .. I don’t know why it’s not been developed faster, it seems to work OK, everything is stable, all the features seem to work, apart from calibre integration doesn’t work for me.

You may not find a windows installer, but there are docker containers created by hotio, who is the developer. If you don’t use docker, it’s worthwhile looking into, you can run it within windows. 

You can post to Reddit and find out the answers about development from bakerboy if you dare, or you can speak to the devs on discord.

@BritManToo Thanks I'm already a frequent user of Mobilism. 

@recom273  I've never used docker and find it a bit daunting chatting with the developer guys of the apps. I think I get from your reply that it's not really worth it to persist with Readarr? 

Just now, touch said:

@BritManToo Thanks I'm already a frequent user of Mobilism. 

@recom273  I've never used docker and find it a bit daunting chatting with the developer guys of the apps. I think I get from your reply that it's not really worth it to persist with Readarr? 

Docker is the nuts. 

The apps are already setup .. the paths are fixed, you just setup “links” to where those folders actually live on your machine when you build the container, press the button and you are good to go, updates are just childs play.

You don’t any of the issues people seem to have when setting up rr’s and windows,

I use unraid, but you can use windows, once you have docker installed, then portainer (or yacht as a GUI with pretty pictures) with then everything is pretty much one-click. 

You can even setup a cheap raspberry pi with OMV which is a free operating system, which includes docker and try it out. 

If I hear any more developments towards a windows beta, i will shoot you a PM.

27 minutes ago, touch said:

As Recom said try Sonarr Radarr and Jackett they run as services and are fully automated. No need for torrents except for the off one out that you might need to download manually 

Just read up on Readarr & Sonarr. They use Bittorrent client to get the stuff ie torrents.

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

Try Readarr / sonarr / radarr / jackett and you won’t ever need to go near any torrent website ever again. 

I have never had any problem getting movies, software, music or whatever from Mr Bay or others. Not going to change now.

And I have all my Movies in my Movie folder, my Music in My Music folder etc etc all on my One Drive. I know where everything is and I can share with others if I want to.

Edited by KannikaP

13 minutes ago, KannikaP said:Just read up on Readarr & Sonarr. They use Bittorrent client to get the stuff ie torrents.

Yes, and Usenet.

Its basically an automated service that you run on your computer, you tell it what to look for, what series you follow, what movies are upcoming and it goes out and searches all the torrent sites you tell it to.

There are a few integrations that make it so easy to discover and keep up with content. Instead of logging into pb searching for a movie or your regular tv show, you just switch on the TV and it’s there.

Anyway, it’s not for you, I respect that, but I would urge anyone else to give it a spin, it’s pretty interesting’ easy and free.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, recom273 said:

Docker is the nuts. 

The apps are already setup .. the paths are fixed, you just setup “links” to where those folders actually live on your machine when you build the container, press the button and you are good to go, updates are just childs play.

You don’t any of the issues people seem to have when setting up rr’s and windows,

I use unraid, but you can use windows, once you have docker installed, then portainer (or yacht as a GUI with pretty pictures) with then everything is pretty much one-click. 

You can even setup a cheap raspberry pi with OMV which is a free operating system, which includes docker and try it out. 

If I hear any more developments towards a windows beta, i will shoot you a PM.

Thank you @recom273 really appreciate it

2 hours ago, touch said:

With "integrations" are we talking about Trakt here?

Yeah, trakt, but also did you know about mdblist.com - you can setup automatic custom lists by filter on trakt, for instance I have top 5 new movies, most popular Netflix movies and series, top 5 new hbo series, Amazon series, Disney+ series, 5 most anticipated tv shows. You can filter out keywords, like anime, animation, family, etc. It’s almost like having a Netflix subscription.

There are some torrent website integrations that use Firefox extensions too, for one site I just click the onscreen poster and it sends the info to radarr and begins.

If you use discord (messenger) then it’s easy to use requestrr to add new shows and movies, and you also get notifications when new content is added, or there is ombi - If you have other users on your network.

I used to have a ritual of skimming through the tv releases a couple of times a day, then sitting on the couch checking my iPad to see if shows that I was waiting for had appeared, with sonarr / radarr you save so much time, just set it and forget.

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

Yeah, trakt, but also did you know about mdblist.com - you can setup automatic custom lists by filter on trakt, for instance I have top 5 new movies, most popular Netflix movies and series, top 5 new hbo series, Amazon series, Disney+ series, 5 most anticipated tv shows. You can filter out keywords, like anime, animation, family, etc. It’s almost like having a Netflix subscription.

There are some torrent website integrations that use Firefox extensions too, for one site I just click the onscreen poster and it sends the info to radarr and begins.

If you use discord (messenger) then it’s easy to use requestrr to add new shows and movies, and you also get notifications when new content is added, or there is ombi - If you have other users on your network.

I used to have a ritual of skimming through the tv releases a couple of times a day, then sitting on the couch checking my iPad to see if shows that I was waiting for had appeared, with sonarr / radarr you save so much time, just set it and forget.

I'm pretty happy manually adding to Sonarr/Radarr. I have Trakt integrated but honestly it doesn't do anything that I couldn't easily do without. After all you just type the name of the Series/movie into Sonarr/Radarr and everything is automatic after that.