Covid spokeswoman says no truth to rumor that meeting participants don't have to wear masks

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The deputy spokeswoman of the Centre for Covid Situation Administration (CCSA) Dr Apisamai Srirangsan responded to press questions that people at government meetings were no longer required to wear masks.

She said that this was not the case, everyone had to wear masks.

Daily News pictured her smiling without a mask.

She said at Government House that local and state meetings were being encouraged to take place using online methods (like Zoom) but at in-person meetings everyone must wear a cloth mask or surgical mask.

She did however concede that those debating issues may not wear one while presenting or arguing issues but that all those listening must be masked up.

She was also quoted as saying the extra ICU field hospital beds were now being made available for patients in "yellow" levels of Covid infection. 

This was a good measure to help deal with the current situation, she said. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-17

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why isn't she wearing one. I have to wear one in my car when I drive. 

Oh it was so we could see her beautiful smile.

Why would she. We had a nice come together, looked at each other, she pulled my mask off, I did the same to her and off we went..... hmmmm

The english language spokesman spent quite a bit of time on this topic yesterday - he said this was allowed under certain circumstances. The chair of the meeting could invoke special mask-removal authority to speakers at government gatehrings.

It's all very confusing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

The english language spokesman spent quite a bit of time on this topic yesterday - he said this was allowed under certain circumstances. The chair of the meeting could invoke special mask-removal authority to speakers at government gatehrings.

It's all very confusing.

That's because the virus is rendered harmless by hot air......