Serious discussion - What do you see in a ladyboy?

zhounan

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:
4 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I've never seen more than one older ladyboy ( I have to wonder why )

Because many have given up the cross dressing etc by the time they are hitting 40 and getting bald but if you look around, they are there, usually quietly existing... in my last condo there was one who never spoke - the other maintenance people were very friendly... it is sad. 

1 minute ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I can't even imagine what you are trying to say here... 

a more interesting question might be a genetic variant as they often tend to be tall and trim... I think they are born that way, nothing environmental about it... 

It might be genetic, it might be environmental. Although I would have thought genetic would run into the law of diminishing returns. Unless the ladyboys are still propagating.

When you have a rural village that is producing 50% ladyboys from the males born there, it's no accident.

6 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Because many have given up the cross dressing etc by the time they are hitting 40 and getting bald but if you look around, they are there, usually quietly existing... in my last condo there was one who never spoke - the other maintenance people were very friendly... it is sad. 

I have heard the suicide rate among post-op ladyboys is very high, don't know about older ones.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

It might be genetic, it might be environmental. Although I would have thought genetic would run into the law of diminishing returns. Unless the ladyboys are still propagating.

When you have a rural village that is producing 50% ladyboys from the males born there, it's no accident.

never heard of such a place? but I assume you have - but, I would think because villages tend to be family and extended family, there would be a genetic component - right?

4 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

never heard of such a place? but I assume you have - but, I would think because villages tend to be family and extended family, there would be a genetic component - right?

Quite possible, I don't exclude it. The village I know of is south of Lamphun, can't remember its name.

BTW, the missionary thing was a joke, Joyce.

Edited by Lacessit

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I have heard the suicide rate among post-op ladyboys is very high, don't know about older ones.

I'd be curious to know more about that phenomenon.

It must take some 'psychological issues' to mutilate your body in the first place. 

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I've seen some ladyboys that are stunningly beautiful, others less so. Never been interested in experimenting with them, I'm so hetero I only recently graduated from the missionary position.

Given the high percentage of ladyboys that appear to come from certain rural villages, IMO there are environmental factors involved in their conversion from males.

I was in Bic C here in Udon today and saw another stunning, smartly dressed female Thai shopper with her lumpen, round-shouldered, plaid shirted, spiky-haired 'tom'. I guess these rural Thai "environmental factors" work both ways.

• Like 1

Nothing really strange.

Ladyboy - a man who is not comfortable with his body and wants to be a girl

Gay - a man who is comfortable with his body and don't want to  be a girl.

Edited by EricTh

8 hours ago, mfd101 said:

I am homosexual and a man. My Thai Khmer b/f - 40 years younger - is also a man. Whenever we pass a ladyboy in the street (mostly in BKK when we visit) we always think how aggressive they look, and I think how ridiculous they look (dressed up for a ball at 1100).

such a typical thing for an old queen to say.
(see what I did there?)

Edited by orchis

Most importantly: There are 2 kinds of LB's:

- The ones that feel they were born in "the wrong body". They usually have regular jobs, lead a normal life and when it comes to conversation, they seem to be more interestig to talk to than the average Thai-Female. They are more "cosmopolitan". =My view only.

- The other kind are strictly prostitutes and "work" in a LB Bar environement. A LB  "in demand" may have served 5 customers already. At this point (like with any other man), his performance may be lacking. Look before you leap.

But all of this sails under: Know the basics about "night-life" in Tourist-Hubs.

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Nothing really strange.

Ladyboy - a man who is not comfortable with his body and wants to be a girl

Gay - a man who is comfortable with his body and don't want to  be a girl.

Yeah but thats old school.

Younger people think of such things differently. 

Queer - who the hail knows!

Edited by Jingthing

If you're sexually adventurous, I don't think that there's anything wrong with the odd ladyboy. It doesn't mean you're gay, it just means that you're drunk and want a bit of variety. Last year, I took a Thai girl that I knew well and a really hot ladyboy with giant boobs back to my room. It was a fantastic experience.

Her penis was about the size of a cigarette lighter, so I didn't feel inferior at all.

Edited by BenDeCosta
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Long legs, curves in the right places. Stunning bodies, and knowing exactly how to flaunt them, given they were once men who knew what they wanted. I'd be lying if I said that wasn't attractive, sexually attractive femininity, and honestly believe most guys would be too. Some, of not most of them you must admit, are more attractive than most who were born as women.

It's the opposite for me. I like Thai women to look like Thai women. The LB's over feminine gestures and 'altered' body parts don't appeal to me in the slightest. Just the same as I'm not keen on hisos with body alterations and skin whiteners etc.

That's probably why I've never been tempted to try a LB. 

Each to their own though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

It's the opposite for me. I like Thai women to look like Thai women. The LB's over feminine gestures and 'altered' body parts don't appeal to me in the slightest. Just the same as I'm not keen on hisos with body alterations and skin whiteners etc.

That's probably why I've never been tempted to try a LB. 

Each to their own though. 

I have a thing against cosmetic surgery. But I have also met several Thai girls whose "chest" was like 2 grapes on a ironing board, and I must admit that I would have preferred more. They usually wear padded bras to trick you.

Edited by BenDeCosta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bangon04 said:

Is it true that ladyboys are likely to have a better understanding of the finer points of bjs and hjs?

From my modest experience with few dozens of LB

and few hundred of real girls, the lb have maybe a better understanding

of the finer points, however they are usually not better or worse than the girls

when it comes to bj and hj

the % of the ones real outstanding at it is the same in the 2 categories and 

the % of the ones not knowing what they are doing is also the same

on average most of them are ok

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RobMuir said:

One night after a lot of beer I thought I would see what all the fuss was about and would give it a go.

I seriously advice against it.

It hurt like buggery.

Moved to joke section.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BenDeCosta said:

I have a thing against cosmetic surgery. But I have also met several Thai girls whose "chest" was like 2 grapes on a ironing board, and I must admit that I would have preferred more. They usually wear padded bras to trick you.

I'd rather find 2 grapes on their chest than 2 grapes in their undies ???? 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Then they wouldn't be called ladyboys? Right? Are they transgenders?

Yes, but many refer to transgender persons in Asia as LBs, as a collective word for men who identify as a gender different from their identity at birth

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, covidiot said:

I'd be curious to know more about that phenomenon.

It must take some 'psychological issues' to mutilate your body in the first place. 

True transgenders are not mutilating their bodies, they are affirming their gender, through surgery. 

Many suicides are caused by not fitting into the heteronormative values held in society, living with discrimination, lack of proper job opportunities, lack of psychological support, depression, anxiety, and other complex issues.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

a more interesting question might be a genetic variant as they often tend to be tall and trim... I think they are born that way, nothing environmental about it... 

IMO more to do with the drugs ( hormones etc ) they take to make themselves female.

• Confused 1