Thai army takes care of funeral arrangements for Frenchman who died of Covid-19

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

It didn't matter whether the victim was Thai or a foreigner, the army was doing this to ease the burden of difficult funeral arrangements for families and everything was done free of charge. 

While it's good the military appear to be helping out here, I'm interested in why they are - did he have some links to the army?

How do they choose who they will help, given that the funerals are carried out for free?

Edited by bluesofa
grammar

25 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

While it's good the military appear to be helping out here, I'm interested in why they are - did he have some links to the army?

sounds to me like he did not have any other option

RIP

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

sounds to me like he did not have any other option

RIP

quote "He was a 71 year old French national who was a company advisor with a Thai wife living in Pak Chong district."

He did have a Thai wife it seems, though what she thinks/thought about it was not mentioned.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

quote "He was a 71 year old French national who was a company advisor with a Thai wife living in Pak Chong district."

He did have a Thai wife it seems, though what she thinks/thought about it was not mentioned.

yes I read the whole article 

so what you think happened 

seems like (and I will be a bit more brutal) he had no other options, his wife reaped the spoils and refused to deal with it in a dignified manner

RIP

• Sad 4

On 5/17/2021 at 6:44 AM, bluesofa said:

How do they choose who they will help, given that the funerals are carried out for free?

Read the quote they are doing it for everyone including foreigners you are creating an issue where there is none

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RobU said:
On 5/17/2021 at 12:44 PM, bluesofa said:

Read the quote they are doing it for everyone including foreigners you are creating an issue where there is none

I'm not creating an issue, I'm asking a specific question.

You say 'they are doing it for everyone'. That seems to be saying everyone will have an army funeral, irrespective if they want one or not.

I read the quote, this is what it states:

On 5/17/2021 at 11:16 AM, webfact said:

the army was doing this to ease the burden of difficult funeral arrangements for families

My genuine question still stands, "How do they choose who they will help?"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I'm not creating an issue, I'm asking a specific question.

You say 'they are doing it for everyone'. That seems to be saying everyone will have an army funeral, irrespective if they want one or not.

I read the quote, this is what it states:

My genuine question still stands, "How do they choose who they will help?"

You are now being sophistic They say they are doing it for everyone which to any reasonable person means anyone who wants it, not me. It is logical that they will offer and the offer can be accepted or rejected You are creating an issue where there isn't one.

Edited by RobU
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, RobU said:

You are now being sophistic They say they are doing it for everyone which to any reasonable person means anyone who wants it, not me. It is logical that they will offer and the offer can be accepted or rejected You are creating an issue where there isn't one.

I'll leave there thanks. This is going downhill fast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobU said:

It is not so much that they are doing it for everyone, but to me, the question is why, and why now when they never did before?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1