Vaccination "sign up" at Big C Hangdong is useless

Farang123

I was at the Tesco Lotus in Hang Dong this morning.  There was a table with a large poster with a needle and " Covid 19".  There were 3 ladies who did not speak English and a sheet of paper and a pen.  This appeared to be an example of a high tech and modern vaccine registration station.  Limiting the registration to Thai Nationals who over 60 with underlying health issues is understandable.  If this is the current state of vaccine registration in LOS then what does this say to someone like me?(under 60 and healthy).  I will be waiting a while? 

At this point the "promise" of a modern online vaccine registration system for foreigners appears to be pipe dream?  I hope I am wrong.

50 minutes ago, ianf said:

Eh??? I too was at Hang Dong and it was supremely efficient. Have my appointment for Astra vaccine booked for 7 July at 3pm Bangkok Hospital. Loads of other people queued quietly and in an orderly manner and achieved a result. Goodness knows where you were. Certainly not at the same place. BIG C Hang Dong. It worked well. 

I don't suppose you happen to know if they are going to be offering this service all week?

Or at least today?

Thanks

11 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

I don't suppose you happen to know if they are going to be offering this service all week?

Or at least today?

Thanks

It was available on the 16th and 17th only according to their posting on Facebook.  Search for Covid International Community Support Chiang Mai on facebook 

Edited by Tracyb
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ianf said:

Eh??? I too was at Hang Dong and it was supremely efficient. Have my appointment for Astra vaccine booked for 7 July at 3pm Bangkok Hospital. Loads of other people queued quietly and in an orderly manner and achieved a result. Goodness knows where you were. Certainly not at the same place. BIG C Hang Dong. It worked well. 

It takes two to tango. Will be interested to know if the other side keep your appointment. I hope it won't be a "Mai mee" moment on 7 July at 3 pm.

• Confused 1

I registered at Big C Hang Dong on Sunday using my Pink card only (no need for passport).

I wasn't given an appointment as they weren't giving them to those under 60 at the present time. I was told that they were expecting to give me an appointment for sometime in July. I was given a choice of local hospitals at which to get vaccinated in due course, and opted for Klaimor 

I went in the afternoon, and there was no queue at all. A friend of mine went in the morning and had the same experience. There seemed to be a steady (but small) stream of expats though. There was no sign at the front of Big C (none I could see anyway) to highlight that they were making registrations (the registrations were set up at the back in the food court) so if you were just there to shop normally, you wouldn't be aware of anything going on at the back so it could have been given more prominence. 

4 hours ago, ianf said:

Did they specifically say you would be getting the AZ vaccine? I am holding off registering so as to avoid Sinovac as this is not a WHO approved vaccine and will cause problems when travelling in the future..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dpbaker said:

I went to Big C Hang Dong also to register-  today at 330pm. Appears to be 2 different registration booths  -  one for people with passports only and one for people with either the yellow tabian baan(house book ) or pink ID card ( both these  contain the 13 digit thai ID)  .  I had my yellow tabian baan and got an appointment at Bangkok Hopsital C Mai for July 7 at 700am -received a printed appointment document .  When i asked,  they said it was the AZ vaccine.

My friend registered with his passport only  and was told he will receive an email with an appointment time and location . 

How could this be possible?  When I registered at Big C with a passport, they didn't ask for email or phone number and instead directed me to a sheet of paper taped to the table with a message to call a number at the Health Department in late June.

I've been had.

6 hours ago, ianf said:

Do you have a yellow book or pink ID card?  

I was also at BigC Hang Dong the whole procedure took about ten minutes. We arrived at 1530 and were met by an American volunteer who was translating for those who needed it, he asked if I had the much maligned Pink Card which I did.  We were told we were next and shown which desk to go to. 

The Thai gentleman at the desk was polite and helpful in addition to processing my appointment (July the 1st) he also printed off the details of my wifes appointment which she had previously done using the line app last week. 

6 hours ago, Medicine Man said:

Yes, but now it's only for those with Yellow books/ Pink cards. Not passports only..

They'll be there today (Wednesday) also.  9 am - 4 pm.  As noted, they no longer want to "register" those of us who only have passports.  We're supposed to wait until the new foreigner app is unveiled, supposedly on May 24.

7 hours ago, NancyL said:

They'll be there today (Wednesday) also.  9 am - 4 pm.  As noted, they no longer want to "register" those of us who only have passports.  We're supposed to wait until the new foreigner app is unveiled, supposedly on May 24.

Which is still months before any significant number of doses will be available. 

Does anybody really believe that getting your name on a list is actual assurance you'll be jabbed at the appointed time?  Or that a verbal promise of the AZ today means you'll really be getting the AZ?  Or, conversely, that not having your name on a list in May affects your chances of getting a jab in July, August, or whenever they really have the doses? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, impulse said:

Which is still months before any significant number of doses will be available. 

Does anybody really believe that getting your name on a list is actual assurance you'll be jabbed at the appointed time?  Or that a verbal promise of the AZ today means you'll really be getting the AZ?  Or, conversely, that not having your name on a list in May affects your chances of getting a jab in July, August, or whenever they really have the doses? 

If you do nothing, then the results will be nothing.

• Like 1

Wednesday, 19 May, 2021, approximately 11:00 a.m., the registration desks had people working. There were maybe 4 or 5 desks.  One other person and myself were the only ones registering.  I got a set appointment from a choice of hospitals, and my choice of vaccine.

This was not useless for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NancyL said:

If you do nothing, then the results will be nothing.

Which will be the exact same results for the next few months even if you drive all over Thailand and get on every list they compile.

• Like 1