Reopening swimming pools

dedwards

52 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Pool at condo here in Jomtien opened yesterday. I dove right in. Open today too. Will be diving in after coffee. Don't know if they got the wrong memo or what...but it's all right by me! 

Of course it's ridiculous that swimming pools were ever closed to begin with. Amazing Thailand never ceases to amaze with vague and random dimwittedness. 

Apparently the Corona virus can survive for days in water. Not sure about chlorinated water though..

Edited by AlQaholic

21 hours ago, WineOh said:

Got my own pool in my garden.

Jacuzzi bath is being ordered next month ???? 

Got a pool in the garden too, one of the perks of moving. Never used to have access to a pool. Now trying to get a lil pool time in each day to get a bit of a tan. I hate looking too white. 

• Like 1

It is not the swimming in chlorinated water that is the problem if people are sensible and observe social distancing. The trouble is people get complacent and  want to socialize with friends and use the sunbeds etc. Covid cases in a condo community causes havoc . The whole building has to be disinfected and people tested. Although pool closures may seem unnecessary the flagrant disregard of covid safeguards by some  condo residents are frequent and put others at risk.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jippytum said:

It is not the swimming in chlorinated water that is the problem if people are sensible and observe social distancing. The trouble is people get complacent and  want to socialize with friends and use the sunbeds etc. Covid cases in a condo community causes havoc . The whole building has to be disinfected and people tested. Although pool closures may seem unnecessary the flagrant disregard of covid safeguards by some  condo residents are frequent and put others at risk.

Hogwash! You can’t get covid outside. It is proven. It spreads indoors.

• Like 1