True Vision

sirbrinkie

1 hour ago, Pauliewall said:

So is mine. This is happening a lot more recently I've noticed. 

Well perhaps a problem outside our walls....thought it came from a lightening hit not far away on Sunday. 

I use a higher end True package (internet, cable, phone). However I downgraded the TV package as they dropped the one sports channel I wanted (that carried hockey games). Lost some movie channels because of that (changing to a "lower level" package) but I can get most movies on the internet anyways.

Have their highest internet rate I can get using ADSL. They tell me they aren't going to string fibre in my area anytime soon (Soi Khao Noi). I only use the phone package for data.
I think I pay about 2,600 a month now. For some reason, they aren't sending me any eBills lately and when I log into my TRUE account, it won't show me my current package unless I enter the "service number" - which is found on the eBill.

One day I'll get around to going to the shop and sorting that out.

I tried 3BB and CAT before but wasn't happy with the product (or the customer service). True leaves a lot to be desired but it's not that bad for the most part.

• Sad 1

Have TrueVisions Platinum and Gigatex fiber. The Fiber router actually has TV output, that plugs into the receiver. It's the same kind of Samsung receiver I had for DSTV before... quick, responsive, has PVR option (for extra dosh), quite a few HD channels, at least one 4K channel which my box doesn't support... Seems many channels keep repeating (they are listed many times under different numbers).

Picture is much better than AIS Playbox, and seems a little more stable, although I'd say AIS still is far better value for money.

But... at my place True could do gigabit fiber, while AIS could only do 250 mbps, so I switched the camp. Despite now paying 5x more than AIS Gigabit fiber + AIS Box highest package in the past.

I have the Platinum Satellite package which is mainly just to watch the PL without having to suffer any buffering, lately I have began to doubt the value of this, watching football with no crowds has become tedious and many of the channels are of no interest. The cost is about 2.3k a month.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Started with their top package yrs ago  ,as it got worse i downgraded ,to be honest they are rubbish,i now use 3bb for internet with their tv package,about 1100 baht a month ,much much better. Also on here someone posted a hack where you can download different channels free.

A word of warning if you get their CHEAPEST TV/ Internet package for 499 a month, the internet works fine but the TV channel selection is beyond bad, even saying horrible might be to kind.....98% is in only Thai with loads of stupid game shows and people selling stuff... 

7 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

A word of warning if you get their CHEAPEST TV/ Internet package for 499 a month, the internet works fine but the TV channel selection is beyond bad, even saying horrible might be to kind.....98% is in only Thai with loads of stupid game shows and people selling stuff... 

That's what we have plus some phone calls deal for the mrs, 200 gbs but really about 40. Used to have some free stations like NHK, Aljazeera and the Australian, Chinese and Russian one, then they locked them off for pay more as well. Nothing to watch on it at all now, except You Tube.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Started with their top package yrs ago  ,as it got worse i downgraded ,to be honest they are rubbish,i now use 3bb for internet with their tv package,about 1100 baht a month ,much much better. Also on here someone posted a hack where you can download different channels free.

Yes i used the hack on u tube ,downloaded al jazeera and a few other things , i agree with you true visions once was very good ,now its <deleted> ,just like thier service .

14 hours ago, redwood1 said:

That all keeps the Mrs happy...... I stream from the laptop.

I have the gold package mainly I wanted it for UFC fights, all the movies are old, plenty of cooking shows, I don't watch much football or basketball so basically it's a waste of 1640 bht/mo. I'm going to try the 3BB box since my old lady and kid only watch ch 31 anyway.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 9:11 AM, worgeordie said:

I have not had TrueVisions for years, can get everything and more

they have without the adverts, and can watch what I want ,when

I want, no repeats.and free

regards Worgeordie 

Agreed, absolutely no need to pay for cable TV these days.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 7:19 AM, EVENKEEL said:

I have the gold package mainly I wanted it for UFC fights, all the movies are old, plenty of cooking shows, I don't watch much football or basketball so basically it's a waste of 1640 bht/mo. I'm going to try the 3BB box since my old lady and kid only watch ch 31 anyway.

If you some have AIS mobile packages, you can get all the basic Thai channels for free.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, recom273 said:

If you some have AIS mobile packages, you can get all the basic Thai channels for free.

Yes, they come with True also. I think there is one solitary channel broadcasting in English there.